CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Dave 22-09-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Guys, im sure this will have been asked before, but im going to Greece next week and wish to take my phone, what are the options for ensuring i have no surprise large bills when i come back....

Id like to check my email say twice during the week, and maybe check facebook a couple of times.... so if i just turn off data roaming will that be enough??

well it will be enough to stop charges but you won't get email without wifi

patch 22-09-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Guys, im sure this will have been asked before, but im going to Greece next week and wish to take my phone, what are the options for ensuring i have no surprise large bills when i come back....

Id like to check my email say twice during the week, and maybe check facebook a couple of times.... so if i just turn off data roaming will that be enough??

Find a wi-fi hot spot - I paid about 5 Euros for 5 hours use in spain, or even better find a free one.

Ridcully 22-09-2009 07:26 PM

Yay! Google have enabled push email to the jesus phone via activesync at last http://www.google.com/support/mobile...40&topic=14252

This is very good news

Heb 7:4 22-09-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridcully
Yay! Google have enabled push email to the jesus phone via activesync at last http://www.google.com/support/mobile...40&topic=14252

This is very good news

Cool :) Does it have a pop up with the push like the Gpush app does? (I know some people have whinged about Gpush, but I get a pop up even before the mail shows up in my gmail desktop!)

Ridcully 22-09-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
Cool :) Does it have a pop up with the push like the Gpush app does? (I know some people have whinged about Gpush, but I get a pop up even before the mail shows up in my gmail desktop!)

No just uses standard apple notifications, its good though been stuck with fetch up to now.

Dave 22-09-2009 10:34 PM

Yup v cool

Heb 7:4 22-09-2009 10:38 PM

I think I'll delete gpush anyway, just to get rid of the app icon. Do I need to delete my google calendar and reinstall it with this though (sorry if this is a dumb question!)

Ridcully 22-09-2009 10:38 PM

Got to be the end of mobileme, google and apple seem to be falling out big time.

Now if we can just have a decent google dropbox type equivalent...

Ridcully 22-09-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
I think I'll delete gpush anyway, just to get rid of the app icon. Do I need to delete my google calendar and reinstall it with this though (sorry if this is a dumb question!)

If you are already using the calendar via activesync then just go to settings and enable mail too and remember to switch off the imap enabled one you are running at the moment.

Ironic that google have got this going before hotmail.

Heb 7:4 22-09-2009 10:45 PM

While I'm asking questions, is there any way to sync google calendar with Outlook when Outlook is only accessed via exchange? I'm trying out pocket informant which is a calendar and to do list, and syncs with google calendar and toodledo (both of which I use). It won't sync with Outlook though, where I record all my work appointments (all personal go into google calendars). I know there are workarounds for desktop Outlook, but they won't work for me.

Dave 22-09-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridcully
Got to be the end of mobileme, google and apple seem to be falling out big time.

Now if we can just have a decent google dropbox type equivalent...

How about Dropbox app for your iphone, currently awaiting approval...

Ridcully 22-09-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
How about Dropbox app for your iphone, currently awaiting approval...

Sweet

Dave 22-09-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
While I'm asking questions, is there any way to sync google calendar with Outlook when Outlook is only accessed via exchange? I'm trying out pocket informant which is a calendar and to do list, and syncs with google calendar and toodledo (both of which I use). It won't sync with Outlook though, where I record all my work appointments (all personal go into google calendars). I know there are workarounds for desktop Outlook, but they won't work for me.

Google sync is what I do.

Heb 7:4 23-09-2009 12:29 AM

Damn. You need to set this up as microsoft exchange. Can I have two exchange emails running on the iphone at once?

Heb 7:4 23-09-2009 12:30 AM

No is the answer. Arrgh!!!!!

Heb 7:4 23-09-2009 12:41 AM

That'll teach me to fiddle with things that were already working :)

Dave 23-09-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
Damn. You need to set this up as microsoft exchange. Can I have two exchange emails running on the iphone at once?

I know - sucks

Ridcully 25-09-2009 12:35 AM

Worst part is the return email address bit of the code isn't working so it defaults to your gmail address :(

Ridcully 25-09-2009 09:17 AM

For anyone needing a pair of a2dp headphones....

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...s&siteid=20363

I just ordered some, will comment when I receive

Dave 25-09-2009 09:24 AM

I have forgotten, does the 3g or only the 3gs have a2dp?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.