CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

eaglejez 12-01-2010 02:40 PM

Anyone know how to get my contacts from Windows Live (windows 7) onto my iPhone ? I've clicked on the things in the 'Info' section and even though I sync it the new contacts on the PC don't seem to get onto my iPhone.
Frustrating !! :(

kolinkins 12-01-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett
Hang on, are t-mob offering the iPhone now?

Only to some existing customers.

weltklasse 12-01-2010 04:20 PM

Was going to get an ipone for the wife as she had been seduced by its looks - allthough she only uses a phone for calls and texts. My old orage account which wife uses is polphin25 about 23 a month. but the b'stards at orange wouldnt budge on if i wanted to upgrade to iphone they wanted a min 30 a month. I wanted to ask is this about as cheap as you can get an iphone for? Bye bye iphone hello shiny pink phone i will say to wife.

kolinkins 12-01-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weltklasse
Was going to get an ipone for the wife as she had been seduced by its looks - allthough she only uses a phone for calls and texts. My old orage account which wife uses is polphin25 about 23 a month. but the b'stards at orange wouldnt budge on if i wanted to upgrade to iphone they wanted a min 30 a month. I wanted to ask is this about as cheap as you can get an iphone for? Bye bye iphone hello shiny pink phone i will say to wife.

You can get a cheaper tariff from Tesco, but then you have to pay for the phone

weltklasse 12-01-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolinkins
You can get a cheaper tariff from Tesco, but then you have to pay for the phone


Thanks klinks i had forgotten about the tesco offer.
I was rather underwhelmed by the prospect of paying at least 220 for the handset. Therefore if I want to please Mrs Welt, Orange seems to be the way to go.

Malakite 12-01-2010 09:08 PM

Geez just looking at the Tescos they are no cheaper than 02 PAYG only difference is you can pay in 12 months time and get clubcard points..I thought they would have been a lot cheaper to be honest! I'm contemplating trying to blag one through T-mobile when one of my contracts is up for renewal

palace_burger 13-01-2010 01:36 AM

Is there a way of 'beamig' a film you have on your Ipone onto your TV?

I dont check this thread often, if anyone knows of away can you pm me after you post... Thanks

Dave 13-01-2010 09:21 AM

the quality eould be awful

Heb 7:4 13-01-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
the quality eould be awful

Wouldn't have to be, though you'd eat up room on your iPhone.

When I go on holiday (if I can be arsed to bring a laptop) I bung a few movies on my iPod, and just plug it into the hotel telly to watch stuff. 160gb though so easy to store large files.

Dave 13-01-2010 09:48 AM

sure but you can't watch high res fillums on yopur ipod, you are just using it as storage, right?

kolinkins 13-01-2010 01:39 PM

Hmm, it's crunch time.

O2, T-mob, Orange and Voda all offering the same deal (price fixing?)

Going with O2 would save me a fiver per month on my broadband, but other than that - I am not sure what to do. I guess the easiest thing is to stay with Tmob....

Brett 13-01-2010 01:43 PM

I switched to Vodafone and it's 5pm more than what I was paying with O2 but the lifetime contract cost made it the cheapest.

That said, I've not heard anything and my 3GS is meant to be ready for collection tomorrow. Can ill afford to be without a phone for much longer.

kolinkins 13-01-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett
I switched to Vodafone and it's 5pm more than what I was paying with O2 but the lifetime contract cost made it the cheapest.

That said, I've not heard anything and my 3GS is meant to be ready for collection tomorrow. Can ill afford to be without a phone for much longer.

I am thinking of going to Voda too. As per their offer, it includes free Voda to Voda calls (unlimited) so I can move the other half onto Voda as well (they do the equivalent 20 tariff) as her contract (well, in my name but she uses) is only a rolling contract in any case.

Dave 13-01-2010 01:51 PM

Vodaphone, no question in my mind

Brett 13-01-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolinkins
I am thinking of going to Voda too. As per their offer, it includes free Voda to Voda calls (unlimited) so I can move the other half onto Voda as well (they do the equivalent 20 tariff) as her contract (well, in my name but she uses) is only a rolling contract in any case.

Also brings the cost of the handset down to 87 (assuming 40pm/18mth) compared to 189 on O2's 35pm/18mth option.

You get unlimited texts on that Vodafone deal as opposed to 500 with O2 but the internet is capped at 1GB whereas O2's is unlimited*.

I've not checked hot-spot coverage but I only ever found a hot-spot once, at Waterloo station, and I was kicked off after 2 minutes of activity.

*Unlimited in theory. I've found the data network so bad that I've only managed to use 280MB over the course of 2 years. If Ofcom had any testes they'd ban O2 from advertising 'unlimited internet'.

kolinkins 13-01-2010 02:30 PM

Are Ofcom looking into the clear price fixing going on?

I will ask T-mob for my PAC numbers today (for both lines).

Though, I am not sure if the free Voda to Voda calls offer ends tomorrow?

I have never changed networks before - how does it work? Both contracts end 1 month from yesterday.

Brett 13-01-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolinkins
Are Ofcom looking into the clear price fixing going on?

No. Cartels are illegal in this country so by definition, price-fixing is impossible. :)

kolinkins 13-01-2010 04:30 PM

It doesnt take a genius to work it out though - 4 networks, all offering pretty much exactly the same deal

I will call Tmob later for my PAC number. Unless I get offered something better, I will go to Voda.

brighton_eagle 13-01-2010 04:33 PM

It would only be price fixing if they'd all got together and agreed that. If, say, they all decided off the cuff, and without consultation, to match each others deals, that wouldn't be. :)

Blind_Eagle 13-01-2010 06:07 PM

Probably bollox but thought it might be of interest...

http://www.gaj-it.com/wp-content/upl...4g-concept.jpg


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.