CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

kolinkins 31-01-2010 02:42 PM

Thanks!

CPFC Cheerleader Observer 02-02-2010 10:03 PM

Today :

Apple Releases iPhone OS 3.1.3: Addresses iPhone 3GS Battery Level Accuracy, App Launching Issues.

This update for the iPhone and iPod touch contains bug fixes and improvements, including the following:

- Improves accuracy of reported battery level on iPhone 3GS
- Resolves issue where third-party apps would not launch in some instances
- Fixes bug that may cause an app to crash when using the Japanese Kana keyboard

jookbeard 03-02-2010 06:38 PM

a bit of good news the O/B have just called and they have found the scallywag who nabbed me iphone. Always slagged it down but the CCTV done it's job

BulletEagle 03-02-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC Cheerleader Observer
Today :

Apple Releases iPhone OS 3.1.3: Addresses iPhone 3GS Battery Level Accuracy, App Launching Issues.

This update for the iPhone and iPod touch contains bug fixes and improvements, including the following:

- Improves accuracy of reported battery level on iPhone 3GS
- Resolves issue where third-party apps would not launch in some instances
- Fixes bug that may cause an app to crash when using the Japanese Kana keyboard

As in announced or released?

EDIT: Just got the update. TBH I was hoping for so much more.

CPFC Cheerleader Observer 04-02-2010 09:54 AM

Me too. An update but not an update if you get what i mean. :(

Brett 04-02-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BulletEagle
As in announced or released?

EDIT: Just got the update. TBH I was hoping for so much more.

What do you want on a patch?

Ridcully 04-02-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett
What do you want on a patch?

I'd like a wide open eye on mine so I can pretend I'm still awake when falling asleep ;)

CPFC Cheerleader Observer 04-02-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridcully
I'd like a wide open eye on mine so I can pretend I'm still awake when falling asleep ;)

Great idea! :p

Axie 04-02-2010 11:13 AM

Anybody else having battery problems since upgrading to the new patch ? I've got an Iphone 3G (not 3GS) and upgraded yesterday afternoon. Full battery at 3 less than 20% by 8 and I hadn't used it.

Brett 04-02-2010 06:57 PM

Ridboy = wally

BulletEagle 04-02-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axie
Anybody else having battery problems since upgrading to the new patch ? I've got an Iphone 3G (not 3GS) and upgraded yesterday afternoon. Full battery at 3 less than 20% by 8 and I hadn't used it.

I have had battery problems, I had 100%, played Doodle Jump for 1 minute (only 1 game) down by 16%. It doesn't go down at that rate even when playing games like FIFA.

Ridcully 04-02-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett
Ridboy = wally

:p

pardew's shorts 15-02-2010 05:38 PM

Conger 15-02-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pardew's shorts
Are there any shortcuts or apps that enable you to sync Facebook profile pictures with your iphone contacts?

The Facebook App itself does this now

Dave 16-02-2010 06:38 PM

Apple have begun to ban the hardware addresses of jailbroken iPhones from the app store...

CPFC Cheerleader Observer 16-02-2010 06:45 PM

Good, shame on all you who have hacked your lovely Apple iPhone! ;)

kolinkins 25-02-2010 10:58 PM

Can anyone recommend a decent a handsfree? I hate the one that comes with it.

Marki 25-02-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolinkins
Can anyone recommend a decent a handsfree? I hate the one that comes with it.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?&q=Sennheiser+MM50+iP+

I think that these are the ones i have - pretty good headphones in their own right. As you can see from the price range there it is worth shopping around.

bengebenge 26-02-2010 07:49 PM

O2 released a new bunch of iPhone tariffs today.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/iphoneindex

Unlimited texts now come as standard but no more 4:1 for MMS and roaming texts.

James 26-02-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
Apple have begun to ban the hardware addresses of jailbroken iPhones from the app store...

Don't be such a drama queen. Apple have banned a couple pf prominent hackers. There is no suggestion (and in my view no probability) of any widespread bans:

Quote:

Sherif Hashim, an iPhone developer who developed a hack for the latest iPhone OS 3.1.3, and iH8Sn0w, who developed the XEMN tool designed to unlock iPhone 3.1.3 radio baseband for the 3G and 3GS, found that their Apple IDs were blocked and accounts deactivated when they tried to access the app store of Monday. Their respective reactions can be found in Twitter posts here and here.

The move sparked concerns that Apple might ban all jailbroken iPhones was accessing the App Store. However, such a move would prevent Apple's application developers from selling to the millions of users of jailbroken devices and would be especially bad politics following the launch of the Wholesale Applications Community at the Mobile World Congress conference earlier this week.

Apple has apparently limited itself to blocking exploit hunting hackers in a bid to frustrate the development of unlocking and jailbreaking tools that undermine its exclusive relationship with carriers and control over the delivery of apps.