CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Stavros 69 31-12-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjuice
Have you got iCloud activated? If so in iCloud settings is "Use Cellular" set to on? This burnt loads of my data allowance as it was updating iCloud over 3g.

Yeah i've turned it off.

James 31-12-2012 11:36 AM

It must be awful being on a tariff without unlimited and um-throttled internet. How do you guys manage?

Heb 7:4 31-12-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
It must be awful being on a tariff without unlimited and um-throttled internet. How do you guys manage?

My mobile phone contract cost me 20 for the whole year, and I've never gone over my 1GB a month data allowance.

iPad is a bit more expensive. Costs me 10 every three months for the 3G on that.

So 60 for the year, or 5 a month, for all the data I need on two mobile devices. How much is your unlimited contract?

Stavros 69 31-12-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

I used to have it until i changed my phone.
I'm now starting to wish i just purchased it outright.
But thanks for the condescending unhelpful post.
Happy New Year

CT_Palace 07-01-2013 04:42 PM

Does anyone know how to clear the cache in safari on the iPhone5 without clearing the cookies?
When I go to a thread on the BBS via the last post link (the football next to the last poster's name) safari doesn't take me that post but to a previous page in the thread.
Clearing the history doesn't resolve this.

James 08-01-2013 08:17 AM

Clearing the history will clear the cache, but only if Safari is closed.

Close safari completely (double click the home button and remove it from the task bar) and then go to Settings/Safari and clear history. It will not work if you do it from within Safari.

You can also clear individual cookies by clicking on Advanced (at the very bottom of the screen)/Website data/show all/edit.

ollie_porter 08-01-2013 01:29 PM

Edit.

CT_Palace 08-01-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Clearing the history will clear the cache, but only if Safari is closed.

Close safari completely (double click the home button and remove it from the task bar) and then go to Settings/Safari and clear history. It will not work if you do it from within Safari.

You can also clear individual cookies by clicking on Advanced (at the very bottom of the screen)/Website data/show all/edit.

Nope, non of that works (in resolving my particular problem.)

Clapham Grand 14-01-2013 03:31 PM

I have a 4s and updated to IOS 6 - since then my battery goes down 10% an hour and dies overnight / gets hot / takes ages to recharge

Seems thousands of others having this issue :(

Anyone here experienced it? How can it be fixed?

Heb 7:4 14-01-2013 03:44 PM

Think I'll ios6 a miss.

kolinkins 14-01-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clapham Grand
I have a 4s and updated to IOS 6 - since then my battery goes down 10% an hour and dies overnight / gets hot / takes ages to recharge

Seems thousands of others having this issue :(

Anyone here experienced it? How can it be fixed?

It's not an IOS issue, it's a handset issue

If both the Mrs and I leave the house with 100% battery and no background programmes running and just use our phones for basic internet, my battery goes down at an alarming rate compared to hers.

We both have IOS 6 (and phones are the same age)

Clapham Grand 14-01-2013 06:29 PM

it is an IOS issue - not handset! Handset was fine before update - now I lose 10% of battery in 30 minutes!!!

it makes the phone virtually unusable - no-one else had this!

There are thousands of complaints on the net, Apple refusing to acknowledge it as an issue

kolinkins 14-01-2013 06:30 PM

Hmmm, not sure CG, not sure at all. I cannot see why with iOS 6, the mrs and I have phones with totally different performance

I feel your pain though, I leave home with 100% battery, get to work an hour later with 60% ish.

PengeEagle 14-01-2013 06:46 PM

My wife and I had similar battery issues when we first got the iPhone 4S. My battery would disappear a lot faster than hers, and also she would have 3G signal when I didn't and visa versa.

This was on iOS5.

Both phones have been swapped for new ones at the apple store under warranty and the issues haven't happened with the new handsets, even before the iOS6 upgrade and after.

Isle of Wight 14-01-2013 08:51 PM

Had this as an issue with my 1st 4s along with a yellow screen. Sent it back and the we one was fine. Two people in my office upgraded to 6 and had battery issues. One has since upgraded to an iPhone 5. Both his 5 os6 and my 4s os5 outlast the other chaps 4s os6. OS or hardware? No idea but I have 0 interest in upgrading. Maps, YouTube, Siri still a waste of space and now battery issues. Apple are fast shooting themselves in the foot.

NO1FAN 14-01-2013 09:48 PM

It's a back up issue I think. If you try and start your phone again from scratch the problem will go had a similar problem here

andyocpfc 01-02-2013 10:46 AM

Sorry if this has been asked copious times but, is there a way to delete Library photos without connecting to iTunes?

If not, can I connect to any computer or does it have to be the computer i set up the account with?

TIA

Heb 7:4 01-02-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc
Sorry if this has been asked copious times but, is there a way to delete Library photos without connecting to iTunes?

If not, can I connect to any computer or does it have to be the computer i set up the account with?

TIA

Yes, in photos hit the button top right (the send to icon, looks like an arrow leaving a box).

Select all the photos you want to get rid of (a little tick will appear on each one)

Hit delete.

andyocpfc 01-02-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
Yes, in photos hit the button top right (the send to icon, looks like an arrow leaving a box).

Select all the photos you want to get rid of (a little tick will appear on each one)

Hit delete.

It doesn't work on mine. There is no delete function to touch once selected. That only works on camera roll photos on mine :(

James 01-02-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc

TIA

You cannot delete them individually. You can with pictures taken with your iPhone (i.e. in Camera roll - there is a trash can bottom right, which you click to delete).

Here's a useful page which tells you how to remove Library Photos using your PC.