CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Hedgehog 18-12-2014 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 12119974)
How do you delete it or switch it off!!! I can't find any settings for ot

Good point - I can't find anything either - off to Google to find out.

Hedgehog 18-12-2014 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12120056)
Good point - I can't find anything either - off to Google to find out.

The Google consensus is you can't turn it off. Also they swear it does not adversely effect battery life.

andyocpfc 20-12-2014 08:38 AM

Can anyone enlighten me on this please? I have the BT app (which unlike Sky you can connect to a tv) and when I connect my iphone (or iPad) to the tv using the Apple short cable which connects the device to the hdmi lead it buffers on the tv screen. When I disconnect it and view it on the device it doesn't buffer. Why, mirroring the image on the screen does it effect the display? I'm confused as I thought buffering was an internet speed issue.

orp pisshead1 20-12-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey (Post 12110190)
It was the lock screen!
Other people have had same issue.

I fiddled around with location settings & notifications, and it hasn't happened since.

Reducing the brightness helps too I'm told :p.

Hedgehog 21-12-2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 12122740)
Can anyone enlighten me on this please? I have the BT app (which unlike Sky you can connect to a tv) and when I connect my iphone (or iPad) to the tv using the Apple short cable which connects the device to the hdmi lead it buffers on the tv screen. When I disconnect it and view it on the device it doesn't buffer. Why, mirroring the image on the screen does it effect the display? I'm confused as I thought buffering was an internet speed issue.

Sorry I can't help you specifically, but are you trying to watch a TV show/Movie via a web site, or something that is in the cloud or downloaded to your device?

I ask because I sort of had the same issue watching via a TV station App, but I have a couple of shows loaded on my iPad (not in the cloud) that worked fine.

In other words, if they are via a App your Internet speed may still be an issue (like mine).

andyocpfc 21-12-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12124942)
Sorry I can't help you specifically, but are you trying to watch a TV show/Movie via a web site, or something that is in the cloud or downloaded to your device?

I ask because I sort of had the same issue watching via a TV station App, but I have a couple of shows loaded on my iPad (not in the cloud) that worked fine.

In other words, if they are via a App your Internet speed may still be an issue (like mine).

Basically I wanted to use the BT sport app which was showing the game yesterday live from my iPad to the tv so others could watch it too without huddling round an iPad. But after about 10 seconds of perfect streaming on the tv, it freezes and has the buffering symbol in the middle of the screen. Very confusing. At least the sky go app says it is not supported by hdmi when you try to show it on the tv.

andyocpfc 21-12-2014 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the cable I am using which is for the purpose I wanted. Attachment 43321

disco mixx kidd 21-12-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 12125371)
Basically I wanted to use the BT sport app which was showing the game yesterday live from my iPad to the tv so others could watch it too without huddling round an iPad. But after about 10 seconds of perfect streaming on the tv, it freezes and has the buffering symbol in the middle of the screen. Very confusing. At least the sky go app says it is not supported by hdmi when you try to show it on the tv.

i watched whole match on my big screen from bt app on iPad using apple tv, was perfect!

andyocpfc 21-12-2014 02:48 PM

Maybe that's the answer, I need to get Apple TV. I still can't understand why it does it though yet I can't watch the whole match on the iPad with no buffer at all.

CT_Palace 21-12-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 12122740)

Buffering can be a result of hardware and software issues as well as slow internet.
Clearly I would think your problem is with the cable connection.
You're connecting the converter (shown in the pic) to an HDMI cable right? You might want to try another cable or another connector (although I know those cables are not necessarily cheap).

andyocpfc 21-12-2014 05:01 PM

Ah okay, I didn't know that.

Yeah, I have the hdmi lead from the tv going into that and the the other end going into the device. Just weird how it's fine for 10 seconds or so and then drops out. Maybe I'll try another connector or lead then. Thanks

Hedgehog 21-12-2014 06:39 PM

So watching on the iPad it is fine, but when you plug it into the TV it buffers?

CT_Palace 21-12-2014 07:11 PM

That's how I understood it, which to me says there's a poor connection or cable

andyocpfc 21-12-2014 07:21 PM

Yep, exactly that. I just explained it very poorly.

Hedgehog 21-12-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 12125854)
Yep, exactly that. I just explained it very poorly.

No you didn't - I just re-read your original question and it's fine. Just me not reading the whole thing!

My problem with doing exactly what you are (not streaming) is the picture quality. Otherd on here say it is fine, but mine is pretty poor... defo not HD.

andyocpfc 22-12-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12125881)
No you didn't - I just re-read your original question and it's fine. Just me not reading the whole thing!

My problem with doing exactly what you are (not streaming) is the picture quality. Otherd on here say it is fine, but mine is pretty poor... defo not HD.

:p

I shall try another connector (although they are ridiculously expensive from Apple). I have tried it in another room with a different HDMI lead and it's the same so assume the HDMI is okay, unless both on both tv's are crap.

When it does play, the quality is fine on mine after a couple of seconds, until it freezes after the 10 seconds.

civil eagle 25-12-2014 11:04 AM

Any hints on how to get an iPhone 4 unlocked. I purchased one from a friend for my daughter it's locked and we can not get past the set up screen to reach customer support etc.
Tried from my own phone but of course Apple support doesn't wwork if you're not using one of their products.

Joe85 25-12-2014 11:04 AM

Jailbreak it?

When you say it's locked, do you mean by password? Or to a Network? Have you attempted a hard reset? You have to log the power and home buttons for 15 seconds or something like that.

civil eagle 25-12-2014 12:15 PM

It's locked to a network looks like there are services on the web that I can use

orp pisshead1 27-12-2014 01:31 PM

Can anyone help with a charging problem for my iphone 5, was fine yesterday but won't charge at all today (:. Have of course tried to clear the port out but theres no lint there at all. Any help hugely appreciated.