CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Dave 23-01-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey
aha. Bloody Americans.

we don't say that stuff any more

Obama effect

Stavros 69 23-01-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
we don't say that stuff any more

Obama effect

Can you Twitter it, that would be the best.

PalaceMonkey 23-01-2009 03:26 PM

shouldn't this be in CCG?

Dave 23-01-2009 03:28 PM

Dang, people are right. You ARE tedious.

PalaceMonkey 23-01-2009 03:33 PM

who knew.

Dave 23-01-2009 03:41 PM

Obama effect

Smoz 23-01-2009 09:03 PM

Mrs Smoz's iphone 3g is kaputt. It is only a couple of months old, I have made an appointment at the Regent Street store tomorrow but thought that I would also seek help here.

Able to send/receive SMS ok but unable to make calls (receives message "call failed" when attempted). Incoming calls ring as normal but when answered unable to hear/be heard.

Web access and ipod functions seem to be fine.

Have tried a restore via itunes to no avail. Have alsp followed the suggestions on apple's support pages (ie restore via itunes, reboot etc), still no joy.

Anyone got any ideas?

RDSdaEAGLE 23-01-2009 09:13 PM

Might be worth giving o2 a call too. It seems to me that it's not a phone issue if you've done a restore.

Smoz 23-01-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Might be worth giving o2 a call too. It seems to me that it's not a phone issue if you've done a restore.


I didn't think that it was a network fault as she can send receive texts and access the web via 3g using it. However no harm in trying I suppose, will look up their number and give them a try.

Travelcard 24-01-2009 01:36 PM

Can you connect an iPhone to Microsoft Exchange to get mail/calendars etc? Don't want to use OWA really.

KingsleY 24-01-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelcard
Can you connect an iPhone to Microsoft Exchange to get mail/calendars etc? Don't want to use OWA really.

Yes

Kevin T 24-01-2009 02:44 PM

You can and the emails are all formatted perfectly. It's just like looking at Outlook basically.

James 24-01-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin T
You can and the emails are all formatted perfectly. It's just like looking at Outlook basically.

You got one then? Welcome to the Club.

Smoz 25-01-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz
Mrs Smoz's iphone 3g is kaputt. It is only a couple of months old, I have made an appointment at the Regent Street store tomorrow but thought that I would also seek help here.

Able to send/receive SMS ok but unable to make calls (receives message "call failed" when attempted). Incoming calls ring as normal but when answered unable to hear/be heard.

Web access and ipod functions seem to be fine.

Have tried a restore via itunes to no avail. Have alsp followed the suggestions on apple's support pages (ie restore via itunes, reboot etc), still no joy.

Anyone got any ideas?


Update, it was faulty, Apple Store replaced it, you can all stop worrying now.

Dave 25-01-2009 02:45 PM

did you buy via 02?

Smoz 25-01-2009 02:58 PM

No, she originally bought it at the Apple Store in Regent Street.

eaglejez 25-01-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz
Mrs Smoz's iphone 3g is kaputt. It is only a couple of months old, I have made an appointment at the Regent Street store tomorrow but thought that I would also seek help here.

my Ipod Classic is up the creek so I have a 1405 appointment tomorrow at the store !!:p

hmmmmm.....just noticed the date of your post !

Smoz 27-01-2009 08:30 PM

2.2.1 firmware released today, doesn't seem to be anything too exciting though, just bug fixes.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/01/27/...-2-1-firmware/

Oliver V 27-01-2009 11:40 PM

Is there any way to find out how many text messages I've sent? Don't want to go too far over my limit and I'm not sure I'm in the mood for counting messages from over 30 conversations.

Kevin T 28-01-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
You got one then? Welcome to the Club.

No my upgrade's not due till next month. I've just played with my colleague's.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.