CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   User Help and Suggestions (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   BBS maintenance and downtime (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283707)

Hedgehog 03-04-2021 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 15727482)
Like HH. The iOS app is no longer working me too now either. I know it had been removed but existing users could still use it. Is tapa app still working?

Thanks for all the work though, none the less guys.

No disrespect, but glad to hear you can't access the App either... it's good to hear it not just me!

I thought maybe I screwed up by clearing the cache!

Tried on the iPad with same results (who knew!). All is not lost and I just go direct to the website now, which can be a challenge to read, but well worth it for a better game day experience... God, that sounds like Steve Parish!

andyocpfc 03-04-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15727513)
No disrespect, but glad to hear you can't access the App either... it's good to hear it not just me!

I thought maybe I screwed up by clearing the cache!

Tried on the iPad with same results (who knew!). All is not lost and I just go direct to the website now, which can be a challenge to read, but well worth it for a better game day experience... God, that sounds like Steve Parish!


Yep, me too. [emoji853]

I tried what you have too but nothing. I have gone back to the website with safari but itís far from easy when youíve been used to the app - having to zoom in and out (modern day probs eh!). I am using the Tapatalk app which is similar but not as user friendly. Give it a go.

Brummie Allan 03-04-2021 10:05 AM

The iPhone app is just showing the threads from the last time you viewed them and not updating so basically not working. I guess if you cleared the cache everything would disappear.

Brummie Allan 03-04-2021 10:07 AM

Posting this from the browser on the phone so not sure why we need an app. More important things to do vB5 awaits

EddieEdwards 03-04-2021 11:49 AM

Thanks, Hedgehog and andyocpfc, for the additional info. If we find a way to fix this problem then of course we'll do it, but in all honesty we won't be able to spend much time on it as we have to focus on the vBulletin 5 upgrade, after which we hope to make a new mobile app available. For now you'll have to use the website or try the generic Tapatalk app.

Hedgehog 03-04-2021 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieEdwards (Post 15727942)
Thanks, Hedgehog and andyocpfc, for the additional info. If we find a way to fix this problem then of course we'll do it, but in all honesty we won't be able to spend much time on it as we have to focus on the vBulletin 5 upgrade, after which we hope to make a new mobile app available. For now you'll have to use the website or try the generic Tapatalk app.

Certainly understand, and a small sacrifice to make for a better main site.

I hope I didn't come across as "whining" as it was not my intention.

I'll take a look at this Tapatalk mentioned on here.

EddieEdwards 03-04-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15728486)
I hope I didn't come across as "whining" as it was not my intention.

Not at all, all feedback is helpful when we're doing something like this.

Hedgehog 03-04-2021 08:36 PM

Well I got the Tapatalk app loaded and found cpfc.org. Got logged in and checked it out.

All working good.

Will take some getting used to, but definitely a good alternative and a little easier to read than the main web site on Safari.

Thanks for the suggestion Andy and Eddie.

andyocpfc 03-04-2021 11:47 PM

Yep, no moaning from my part either. As HH says, Tapa is good enough but takes some getting used to but not as good as the original app. Keep up the good work chaps.

Away 04-04-2021 11:52 AM

Had to log back in and got a message that looked like a Safari alert saying my password had become known through a data breach and did I want to change it.

Is this just an artefact of the work that has been done on the site?

se1eagle 04-04-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Away (Post 15729502)
Had to log back in and got a message that looked like a Safari alert saying my password had become known through a data breach and did I want to change it.

Is this just an artefact of the work that has been done on the site?

No - we haven't done anything like that.

If you're using the same password for multiple sites, and one of those sites gets compromised, then often the information gets published by the hackers. Apple tracks these password leaks and if you try and log in with details that are publicly available, it warns you.

I can't say for sure that the message you received is legitimate, but it won't hurt to change your BBS password if you're not sure.

Brummie Allan 04-04-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15727095)
Great stiff guys.

I am having a bit of an issue with the App on my iPhone. It wouldn't seem to reload so I cleared the Cache and logged out. Now it won't let me log back in. I get the message "Failed to process XML. Data due to unknown error".

No big deal, I didn't think the App was supported anymore anyway, but it was working yesterday. Thought you guys might like to know if it is not just me.

Bob, that's a bit personal.

Slimbloke'H' 04-04-2021 05:04 PM

I have a peculiar situation that's developed as a result of the update.

I can no longer log in on my iPad using the Firefox browser. Invalid username or password. I've cleared the cache and all website data to no avail. I can log in using Safari just fine.

Any ideas guys?

se1eagle 04-04-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' (Post 15729753)
I have a peculiar situation that's developed as a result of the update.

I can no longer log in on my iPad using the Firefox browser. Invalid username or password. I've cleared the cache and all website data to no avail. I can log in using Safari just fine.

Any ideas guys?

Hmm that’s odd. I just tested on Firefox on my wife’s iPad and I could log in fine, but I’ve never logged into the BBS with it before. Invalid username/password implies it’s sending bad credentials - do you have any saved passwords in the browser, or a password manager that could be using old details?

When you go to the forums on Firefox, I assume you see the latest posts/threads correctly?

Hedgehog 04-04-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brummie Allan (Post 15729549)
Bob, that's a bit personal.

That's what happens when you try and post from Safari on an iPhone!

Maz 04-04-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brummie Allan (Post 15729549)
Bob, that's a bit personal.

:supergrin:

Brummie Allan 04-04-2021 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' (Post 15729753)
I have a peculiar situation that's developed as a result of the update.

I can no longer log in on my iPad using the Firefox browser. Invalid username or password. I've cleared the cache and all website data to no avail. I can log in using Safari just fine.

Any ideas guys?

Firefox on my laptop has been logging on fine. Blank quotes are still happening.

Slimbloke'H' 05-04-2021 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by se1eagle (Post 15729776)
Hmm that’s odd. I just tested on Firefox on my wife’s iPad and I could log in fine, but I’ve never logged into the BBS with it before. Invalid username/password implies it’s sending bad credentials - do you have any saved passwords in the browser, or a password manager that could be using old details?

When you go to the forums on Firefox, I assume you see the latest posts/threads correctly?

Second question first, yes the BBS is displaying just fine.

As you've implied, it's likely that the issue is at my end, but I can't see how. I have now tried deleting and reinstalling the Firefox app to hopefully rule out a corrupted installation/data cache. Made no difference.

I then tried the BBS's forgotten password route; copied and pasted the generated password from the email and again, no joy.

For good measure, Windows is now bouncing me out of login after a short period of inactivity - but at least it lets me log back in.

Is Les trying to tell me something?








EDIT: Second issue is again with Firefox, on a Windows 10 machine.

Brummie Allan 05-04-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' (Post 15730220)
Second question first, yes the BBS is displaying just fine.

As you've implied, it's likely that the issue is at my end, but I can't see how. I have now tried deleting and reinstalling the Firefox app to hopefully rule out a corrupted installation/data cache. Made no difference.

I then tried the BBS's forgotten password route; copied and pasted the generated password from the email and again, no joy.

For good measure, Windows is now bouncing me out of login after a short period of inactivity - but at least it lets me log back in.

Is Les trying to tell me something?

Les has got a little reminder set, that every time you log in he logs you out;)

Maidstoned Eagle 05-04-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brummie Allan (Post 15730271)
Les has got a little reminder set, that every time you log in he logs you out;)

Ooh, does he, can I suggest a few other people he could do that with?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.