CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Adlerhorst 22-05-2017 08:49 AM

So it looks like the iPhone 8 or whatever they are going to call it will have a variant of the MacBook touchbar on it.

Bit of a gimmick on the MacBook tbh. Can see how it makes more sense on a phone, but we'll see.

William Smith 22-05-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 13642074)
So it looks like the iPhone 8 or whatever they are going to call it will have a variant of the MacBook touchbar on it.

Bit of a gimmick on the MacBook tbh. Can see how it makes more sense on a phone, but we'll see.

Indeed with you but after the Steve Jobs, I couldn't find any new technology in iPhone... :wallbash:

Twilko 22-05-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 13642074)
So it looks like the iPhone 8 or whatever they are going to call it will have a variant of the MacBook touchbar on it.

Bit of a gimmick on the MacBook tbh. Can see how it makes more sense on a phone, but we'll see.

You'd think it would be even more pointless on a phone which is just one big touch screen anyway.

So far the touchbar is useful for scrolling through video and for controlling the volume, but I'm not looking forward to it eventually breaking and rendering the whole macbook useless.

James 22-05-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsilly (Post 13642062)
WiFi calling now built into iOS works nicely with Three. No need for third party apps any more.

Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi calling to turn it on.Attachment 48762

See the Three thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 13637484)
....... Three now have WiFi calling enabled, so if the signal is low, it automatically switches to WiFi for calls and texts. If you are on Three, you need to update to the latest iOS and enable WiFi calling in Settings/Phone/Wi-Fi calling/On


orp pisshead1 02-06-2017 03:53 PM

New one from me :supergrin:

The girls are away this week but little orp katie has forgot her pin and it's now locked and Mrs said there's a problem with iTunes password too now. I just phone Apple Store in bromley for help but gave up( at mo) with automated service. Automated should be bannned:headbash:.

orp pisshead1 02-06-2017 03:54 PM

Any help hugely appreciated as always :p

justjuice 02-06-2017 04:02 PM

Reset the Apple ID password first if you can't remember it:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201487

Then you will need to erase the iPhone if it's locked and you don't know the pin:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204306

orp pisshead1 02-06-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjuice (Post 13664432)
Reset the Apple ID password first if you can't remember it:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201487

Then you will need to erase the iPhone if it's locked and you don't know the pin:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204306

Thanks very much, unfortunately as not there to control the purse strings Mrs orp had decided to go and a second hand one. Good deal apparently and tbf she's way more tech savvy than me:D.

orp pisshead1 02-06-2017 04:09 PM

We'll probably sort the other one as a spare.

Seba 02-06-2017 05:10 PM

iPhone users, need some help. I have a 16GB iPhone 6. I have very little on it, 40 apps which includes all the preloaded ones, and 440 photos, which go back to 2010. That really isn't much. Yet it's forever telling me I'm running out of space.

Any ideas how to free up some space, without deleting photos, videos, or apps?

Imajica 02-06-2017 05:38 PM

Hi,

Settings>General>storage and ICloud usage.

It will show what is using the most space.

andyocpfc 08-06-2017 03:02 PM

iphone users
 
Does anyone know how to put a code on outgoing calls or blocking outgoing calls? I have an iPhone 6 Plus.

My little toddler loves playing around with my phone and watching YT videos etc and even at 2 and a half knows how to make calls although clearly can't read who she is calling. Is there a way I can give her the phone in the car to play without the risk if he calling various people? Obviously airplane mode would restrict calls but then would also block all mobile network apps inc YT so not really an option.

Ta

Adlerhorst 08-06-2017 04:16 PM

*#33#

My bad. That's the status. It's in the third point here

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...ion-codes/amp/

andyocpfc 08-06-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 13674841)
*#33#

My bad. That's the status. It's in the third point here

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...ion-codes/amp/

Thank you - I'll give it a whirl. :p

Dave 31-07-2017 11:29 PM

I got some airpods today. Pretty amazed so far.

Stavros 69 01-08-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 13755574)
I got some airpods today. Pretty amazed so far.

Are they the same make up of normal iPhone headphonea just cordless?
I never liked the fit.

Hedgehog 22-10-2017 06:37 PM

Anybody updated to the latest iOS 11.0.3 yet?

It looks like a major upgrade... last time they did this it all went to hell in a hand basket. I'm very reluctant to hit the "Install Now" button.

Also I see iTunes is not what it was. I can't find any thing to link Apps now, and it does not recognize my phone when I plug it in.

Apple really are losing it with all these changes.

MAX 22-10-2017 06:49 PM

Iíve encountered no problems at all.

Hedgehog 22-10-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX (Post 13906417)
Iíve encountered no problems at all.

Good to know... I might bite the bullet this afternoon.

swissroll 22-10-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13906398)
Anybody updated to the latest iOS 11.0.3 yet?

It looks like a major upgrade... last time they did this it all went to hell in a hand basket. I'm very reluctant to hit the "Install Now" button.

Also I see iTunes is not what it was. I can't find any thing to link Apps now, and it does not recognize my phone when I plug it in.

Apple really are losing it with all these changes.

Upgrade worked fine for me


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.