CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Maz 17-08-2022 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brighton_eagle (Post 16598411)
WTF?

One of the great things about life is that we are all different.

MFBias 17-08-2022 03:32 PM

People leaving voicemails in 2022.

It’s 1990 communication. Either email, text or even worst case voice note (but also dont make it long nor an extrovert ramble, which unfortunately they all are)

EE wont let me turn voicemails off.

stevek 17-08-2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16598631)
One of the great things about life is that we are all different.

It's certainly great that we're not the same as you ;) :love:

Socrates 17-08-2022 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 16598242)
Even more annoying for me is having to constantly sort all of my copper collection into the right years

Are they years? I thought they were serial numbers. I'm off to the "Things you learned today thread" pronto.

PeterH 17-08-2022 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 16598544)
just 'phone' or 'mobile'. everyone has one these days so dont generally need to specify what type of phone it is.

I have one of those big number ones in case I have a fall.

big bad John 17-08-2022 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16598519)

I am returning for an extended period very soon.


In fairness to Pete he has given a clearer warning than the IRA used to give. I think the best thing some posters can do in the mean time is to go on a massive "be nice to Peter" offensive. He has been threatening to come over and settle some differences for some time now. I'm just glad I'm on a different continent and will be nowhere near the Cherry's lavatory, when payback for post 17,003 is dished out to some proficient poster whose cry of "it's only my on-line persona," is ignored by the rampaging Chilean.;)

Johnsonpen 17-08-2022 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16598631)
One of the great things about life is that we are all different.

Thank god for that Britannica…..

Maz 17-08-2022 05:29 PM

Yes, you should read books. Definitely.

Paulinmorden 17-08-2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16597553)
Had a vivid dream that Palace were minutes away from winning the Premier League.

1-0 up away to Arsenal, 93rd minute, we just had to hold on to win the title. In my dream I wasn’t in the ground but outside where I could hear the crowd, I had the score and the live league table on my phone.

Arsenal we’re all over us. We were defending for our lives and suddenly I heard the roar of the crowd. I celebrated thinking it was full time, went ******* metal!! …but it turned out to be an Arsenal equaliser, right at the death. I even got a glimpse of the table - Palace in 2nd, two points behind Man City on 85 points.

I woke up extremely ******* annoyed, however, for a few brief seconds I knew what it felt like to celebrate your team winning the league :(

Typical Palace.

Finishing 2nd. Think we'd all be happy with that scenario.

Anyway even if we had held out for the win this is Palace so we'd have lost out on goal difference anyway :)

Hedgehog 17-08-2022 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulinmorden (Post 16598994)
Finishing 2nd. Think we'd all be happy with that scenario.

Anyway even if we had held out for the win this is Palace so we'd have lost out on goal difference anyway :)

But that year due to Liverpool fans behavior in Europe the year before, only the Champions qualified for Europe as a punishment to English teams...

Hedgehog 17-08-2022 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 16598654)
People leaving voicemails in 2022.

It’s 1990 communication. Either email, text or even worst case voice note (but also dont make it long nor an extrovert ramble, which unfortunately they all are)

EE wont let me turn voicemails off.

Hate it when they talk a mile a minute in the voicemail and you have to replay it 10 times to understand the message and/or the number they want you to call back.

It's not a bloody race!

MFBias 17-08-2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16599022)
Hate it when they talk a mile a minute in the voicemail and you have to replay it 10 times to understand the message and/or the number they want you to call back.

It's not a bloody race!

Logic would say for this dead communication method:

State number first, and then message… or better yet dont leave voicemails.

Maz 17-08-2022 06:15 PM

What are you actually say is “this is the number, and I will repeat it at the end of this message”.

Terrace Bickle 17-08-2022 09:45 PM

Watching TV dramas lately (Shetland is the latest example I've seen) and characters repeatedly take phone calls, then hang up without even saying goodbye or indicating the call is finished.
Possibly done for dramatic effect, but it looks silly when it happens repeatedly.

MFBias 17-08-2022 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 16599271)
Watching TV dramas lately (Shetland is the latest example I've seen) and characters repeatedly take phone calls, then hang up without even saying goodbye or indicating the call is finished.
Possibly done for dramatic effect, but it looks silly when it happens repeatedly.

This has been a trend for decades.

Johnsonpen 17-08-2022 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16598986)
Yes, you should read books. Definitely.

You should write some. Its very easy and can give another income. Sure there has to be a subject you excel in…..

PeterH 18-08-2022 03:28 AM

A Dummy's Guide to Social Media?

PeterH 18-08-2022 03:29 AM

Stanley's Straightner?

PeterH 18-08-2022 03:30 AM

Is gammon the new pink?

RazorsEdge 18-08-2022 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16599568)
Is gammon the new pink?

This sounds like a booker prize winning tittle :)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.