CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Dodger 22-12-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14006404)
I press the button at every crossing I pass, whether I'm crossing or not. Just to add to the mayhem.

You’re off my xmas card list that’s for sure.
Actually that’s reminded me, people who press the button, then decide **** me they can actually get themselves across the road safely, off they go, traffic light goes red, sit and wait at light for no reason.

elgin eagle 22-12-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodger (Post 14006822)
Actually that’s reminded me, people who press the button, then decide **** me they can actually get themselves across the road safely, off they go, traffic light goes red, sit and wait at light for no reason.

Doesn't happen in Cyprus. They just go as soon as the crossing is empty.

the digger 22-12-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodger (Post 14006822)

Good.

Christmas cards annoy me. And birthday cards for that matter. In fact, add greetings cards in general to the list.

Purepalace 22-12-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodger (Post 14006817)
Cross anywhere you like, where sensible, as an adult with a brain capable of being safe.

You know when you’re driving along, only car in vicinity, approaching crossing, pedestrian doesn’t even look at road just walks straight to crossing and presses button.

Likewise driving along with nothing but an empty road behind you and, rather than wait 10 seconds, a car pulls out of a side road in front of you causing you to slam the brakes on then dawdle along until the div finally gets up to speed.

Purepalace 22-12-2017 12:32 PM

Drivers who pull into a single car size gap, (between parked cars either side of the road), that you are already driving in and causing 5 minutes of unnecessary manoeuvring rather than giving way, waiting 10 seconds and avoiding all that.

Purepalace 22-12-2017 12:33 PM

Drivers that don't give way to traffic coming uphill. Is this no longer taught?

And yes I have been out and about Christmas shopping today.

Ho, ho fecking ho.

PeterH 22-12-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodger (Post 14006817)
Cross anywhere you like, where sensible, as an adult with a brain capable of being safe.

You know when you’re driving along, only car in vicinity, approaching crossing, pedestrian doesn’t even look at road just walks straight to crossing and presses button.

I get you.

But said pedestrian is obeying the laws of the road and doing everything correctly. If they chose to randomly cross in the USA, for example, a punitive police officer could fine them for jaywalking.

It may annoy you, but you are wrong on this.

Personally, I would, as a capable adult, look up and down the road and cross when your car has passed so as not to cause an inconvenience. But thet might just be me being a pussy.

Skiddo 22-12-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purepalace (Post 14006840)

This.

There's a few hills round South Norwood, Upper Norwood, CP etc and on my daily travels every **** wants to race down the hill so you have to pull over into a gap whilst you are trying to get up the hill. Sylvan Hill, Auckland Road and Stambourne Way are my particular favourites for arsehole drivers who do this.

Maidstoned Eagle 22-12-2017 02:24 PM

My daughters art teacher who, I found out today, called her a "Guiri". And my wife, who won´t let me go to the school to discuss this with said teacher.

Ardent Eagle Forever 22-12-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14007002)
My daughters art teacher who, I found out today, called her a "Guiri". And my wife, who won´t let me go to the school to discuss this with said teacher.

Where are you Spain? Or is the teacher Spanish? Sounds like a case od discrimination to me.

FORZA SELHURST 22-12-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14007002)

You should get yourself down there sunburnt, drunk and throwing plastic furniture about. That'll learn 'em.

MFBias 22-12-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purepalace (Post 14006840)

And yes I have been out and about Christmas shopping today.

Ho, ho fecking ho.

Another highway code one that no one aheres to that angers me is when two cars are wishing to turn right opposite each other at a cross roads, you are supposed to drive past each other then turn right, not before in front of each other, but I am forced into doing it the mistaken way as it will mean an accident... READ THE HIGHWAY CODE :wallbash:

MFBias 22-12-2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 14006843)
I get you.

But said pedestrian is obeying the laws of the road and doing everything correctly. If they chose to randomly cross in the USA, for example, a punitive police officer could fine them for jaywalking.

It may annoy you, but you are wrong on this.

Personally, I would, as a capable adult, look up and down the road and cross when your car has passed so as not to cause an inconvenience. But thet might just be me being a pussy.

Not a pussy, but considerate of the world around you, too many people dont think outside of their own perspective. Like dimwits who dont let people off the train first... let them clear the space you want to take no? And help everyone.

FrankieBoy 22-12-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14007076)
Another highway code one that no one aheres to that angers me is when two cars are wishing to turn right opposite each other at a cross roads, you are supposed to drive past each other then turn right, not before in front of each other, but I am forced into doing it the mistaken way as it will mean an accident... READ THE HIGHWAY CODE :wallbash:

So what happens when three cars are waiting to turn right from each direction? How do you turn behind the opposing facing car if there are other cars directly behind it ?

little al 22-12-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieBoy (Post 14007103)
So what happens when three cars are waiting to turn right from each direction? How do you turn behind the opposing facing car if there are other cars directly behind it ?

Yo wait until they have all gone. You should only go in front of the opposing car if the road is arrowed.

Maidstoned Eagle 22-12-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 14007055)
Where are you Spain? Or is the teacher Spanish? Sounds like a case od discrimination to me.

The teacher is Spanish, sounds like a right bitch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST (Post 14007060)
You should get yourself down there sunburnt, drunk and throwing plastic furniture about. That'll learn 'em.

I´m not from Leicester.

Lom 22-12-2017 03:58 PM

Extra gum adverts... 'It's time to shine'... ******* irritating *****.

MFBias 22-12-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14007121)
Yo wait until they have all gone. You should only go in front of the opposing car if the road is arrowed.

As because driving in front of cars creates a blindspot on to potential on-coming traffic.

It seems that onside turning has been relaxed in the highway code though, apprently you can do it if it’s safe. When I did my driving test it wasnt allowed or would be a fail. I still think driving past is a better option as you both clear the way for each other to drive past and you can see the road ahead.

ceeby 22-12-2017 04:17 PM

having to spend a vast majority of my life unsubscribing and opting-out. Bloody annoying :jerkit:

Purepalace 22-12-2017 11:17 PM

Jackie Stewart.