CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Rizza 15-04-2013 09:51 PM

replacing screen is easy, just need to follow a screw map cos thats were most people go wrong

try this
http://ifixit-documents.s3.amazonaws...QhWflhErjZ.pdf

hope this helps and good luck :)if only the 4 was like the 3gs and 5 (screen of first)

Adlerhorst 16-04-2013 12:51 PM

Yep, used ifixit before for the battery replacement. Have a screw map.

Alas it is a 4.

Adlerhorst 16-04-2013 01:38 PM

Parts have arrived.

Adlerhorst 16-04-2013 11:16 PM

Well that was bloody hard going

I have just spent well over an hour with a pair of industrial standard Dumont 4 Inox 8 tweezers picking of miniscle pieces of broken glass from the extremely overglued base unit before I put the new front unit on.

Accidentally broke off two of the four EMI fingers putting it back together but doesn't appear to have screwed up the reception.

Replaced the home button while I was at it.

FWIW I was fairly sure I was going to destroy it, so nice surprise that it still works.

LLCOOLSTEVE 17-04-2013 08:23 PM

O2 3G been crap for anyone else today??

Ralph 17-04-2013 08:32 PM

Today? For me it's been crap for most of its lifespan.

karl.eldridge 22-04-2013 01:52 PM

If you have a jailbroken iPhone what does your home screen/lock screen look like?

Golf Boy 30-04-2013 01:08 PM

I was told Flash is history, but over half the videos i click on require flash player. Any way around this so i can actually see what i want to see on the phone and tablet?

Heb 7:4 30-04-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy
I was told Flash is history, but over half the videos i click on require flash player. Any way around this so i can actually see what i want to see on the phone and tablet?

Many sites have their own app, but puffin browser lets you view flash

Golf Boy 30-04-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
Many sites have their own app, but puffin browser lets you view flash

Thanks.

andyocpfc 05-06-2013 12:27 PM

Can anyone help. On my IP4 I use the Hotmail app/shortcut using Safari and it keeps logging me off my email so I keep having to input my username and password. It's only just in the last few weeks started doing this and may have been because i've done something in settings but can't for the life of me work out what. Can anyone help?

CT_Palace 05-06-2013 12:33 PM

Is there a "remember me" field you un-checked?

Alternatively, why don't you set your hotmail up as an additional account in the mail app?

andyocpfc 05-06-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace
Is there a "remember me" field you un-checked?

Alternatively, why don't you set your hotmail up as an additional account in the mail app?

Not that I can see. Sometimes it remembers me and other times it doesn't and have to log on again.

I already have but I prefer to use the hotmail app in safari as the app doesn't seem to clear emails when read on desktop so have to delete/view again.

montstar 05-06-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc
Can anyone help. On my IP4 I use the Hotmail app/shortcut using Safari and it keeps logging me off my email so I keep having to input my username and password. It's only just in the last few weeks started doing this and may have been because i've done something in settings but can't for the life of me work out what. Can anyone help?

Have you gone to Settings>mail> "account name" and checked each password is there?

MrKAF 09-06-2013 11:00 AM

just managed to get my IP5 replaced. Found a couple of dead pixels, they are absolutely tiny, but thought i would have a look online. Looks like a fairly common problem, so got the apple store, and had a replacement phone within 5 minutes.

Happy i managed to get a replacement one, the one i replaced was scratched and scuffed everywhere!

karl.eldridge 10-06-2013 11:13 AM

WWDC today at 6pm

With Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) kicking off next Monday, June 10 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time with a keynote address, it's time for a roundup of rumors about what we might see at the event.

In announcing the conference back in late April, Apple unsurprisingly revealed that it will be delivering "new versions of iOS and OS X" to developers, undoubtedly referring to iOS 7 and OS X 10.9. And as has become tradition since Apple moved its iPhone launches later in the year starting in 2011, WWDC 2013 is indeed expected to live up to its developer focus with an emphasis on software.

iOS 7

iOS 7 will almost certainly make its consumer debut alongside updated iPhone hardware later this year, but WWDC will offer the first glimpse of the upcoming software and Apple should spend a fair amount of the keynote walking through the changes. Apple will also begin seeding versions of iOS 7 to developers at WWDC, giving them time to help test the operating system itself and to build and update their own apps to take advantage of new features coming in iOS 7.

The big discussion surrounding iOS 7 has been regarding a new "flat design" driven by Jony Ive, who took over control of Apple's software-focused Human Interface team late last year in addition to his longtime role as head of Industrial Design.

Smoz 10-06-2013 11:44 AM

Looks like the keynote presentation will be streamed live to Apple TV devices

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/10/...e-to-apple-tv/

karl.eldridge 10-06-2013 07:44 PM

Wow. Just wow. Completely redesigned.

Heb 7:4 10-06-2013 08:08 PM

iOS 7 looks rather smart I must say

Isle of Wight 10-06-2013 10:13 PM

I was set to rip in to another load of unnecessary stuff from Apple but have to say I am quite impressed. I'm not in favour of all this simplifying stuff, I can never find where all the buttons are. But this looks great. Colours remind me of metro for some reason and my concern is they seem to have moved from google to Bing. Which to me is the worse load of bollox as a search engine. This is in the Siri bit which in itself is a load of bollox anyway. Hope they allow safari to use google in the search bar still.