CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

bubbs11 07-11-2019 08:32 AM

The ‘i accept cookies’ alert that pops up when you first enter any site.

Just FUUUUUUUUUUUCK OFFFFFF!

Maidstoned Eagle 07-11-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 14967986)
The ‘i accept cookies’ alert that pops up when you first enter any site.

Just FUUUUUUUUUUUCK OFFFFFF!

Its the continuous repetition of these everytime you log back into a site that annoys me the most. If Ive told Quancast once, I have told them a thousand times, that I am ticking no to everything.

big bad John 07-11-2019 04:08 PM

All the hyphenated names in football. Hyphenation used to be associated with being posh or upper classy, now you have every little urchin who ventures out of his council estate demanding to be known by two surnames. When I started watching the game we had Ian Storey-Moore and that was it. The name sort of rolled off the tongue Then Ian Wright started spreading his seed and we ended up with a couple of Wright-Phillips's; Now terrace lyricists are stuck with the task of how are they going to make a song about Oxlaide- Chamberlain, Trent Alexander or feckin Bailey Peacock-Farrell. What's going to happen to the next generation, if double barrel marries double barrel? Will there be room on the back of the shirt for the number. Rant over. Meanwhile in Syria today.

OLD BASING EAGLE 07-11-2019 11:35 PM

I’ve probably mentioned this before but when did it become acceptable to go out down the pub in track suit bottoms. I’m sat down a nice pub and the bloke slouching in the corner is dressed in track suit bottoms, hoody and baseball cap. Have these people no pride in themselves? Mind you the girl he is with is rather fetching in a tight fitting dress.

Blind_Eagle 07-11-2019 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by averity (Post 14966829)
Chequered farmer shirts, the ones that barn dancers would wear

Tattersall? I live in them. :supergrin:

Blind_Eagle 07-11-2019 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14968023)
Its the continuous repetition of these everytime you log back into a site that annoys me the most. If Ive told Quancast once, I have told them a thousand times, that I am ticking no to everything.

You must etc.

I feel your pain, it really annoys me.

CP-RJW 07-11-2019 11:59 PM

Floods in Sheffield. Shopping centre is completely locked, and I wanted to go there tomorrow.

tomlig 08-11-2019 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BASING EAGLE (Post 14968762)
I’ve probably mentioned this before but when did it become acceptable to go out down the pub in track suit bottoms. I’m sat down a nice pub and the bloke slouching in the corner is dressed in track suit bottoms, hoody and baseball cap. Have these people no pride in themselves? Mind you the girl he is with is rather fetching in a tight fitting dress.

Drug dealer innit

Worksop Palace 08-11-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14968775)
Floods in Sheffield. Shopping centre is completely locked, and I wanted to go there tomorrow.

Sheffield is a nightmare for traffic at the best of times, a bit of rain and it’s impossible. Rain like yesterday and it’s fecked.

My daughter works in Meadowhall and had just finished her shift at 3pm and went to get her usual tram back into the city centre but all trams and trains were cancelled. She rang an Uber who cancelled on her 10 mins later as they couldn’t get anywhere near. I told her to go back into Meadowhall and I’d come and get her. Meadowhall was locked down so she couldn’t and this was about 4pm. She walked down to the next tram stop and managed to get what was probably the last tram out at about 4.45. After that the whole area was waist deep in river. I’ve got a client who’s office is on Jessops Riverside near Meadowhall and it’s flooded exactly as it did in 2007 despite millions being spent on flood defences

Wayne Andrews is God 08-11-2019 05:29 PM

The american term ‘sick’ replacing ‘ill’

To me sick is the act of vomiting or feeling like you might,, ill is when you have a cold etc. Everyone says it now.

strawberry mivi 08-11-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 14969465)

To me sick is the act of vomiting or feeling like you might,, ill is when you have a cold etc. Everyone says it now.

I thought sick now meant banging?

Isle of Wight 08-11-2019 06:14 PM

When I’m singing along getting into some music on my CD or MP3 in my car and the automatic traffic announcements cut in and spoil the groove.

Dave McGregor 08-11-2019 06:16 PM

People who go for a run with their jacket jumper or worse high biz jacket around their waste ridiculous!

Hedgehog 08-11-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 14969465)

So when you are unwell you take an "ill day" off work?

Hedgehog 08-11-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 14969495)
When I’m singing along getting into some music on my CD or MP3 in my car and the automatic traffic announcements cut in and spoil the groove.

:D I was listening to a game on the radio the other day (forget who) while driving and it when something like this...

A great ball swung in from the left.... in .1 miles take the next right turn... what a well taken goal that was!

Just glad it wasn't a Palace game!

Panther 08-11-2019 07:12 PM

The fact that no clothing shop in Bromley seems to sell men’s long socks. Any colour, pattern but only mid calf. Winter’s coming and my ancient legs get cold!

CP-RJW 08-11-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 14969540)
The fact that no clothing shop in Bromley seems to sell men’s long socks. Any colour, pattern but only mid calf. Winter’s coming and my ancient legs get cold!

I often resort to wearing pajama trousers under my trousers in the winter, and I’m not old.

NRM the 2nd 08-11-2019 07:26 PM

People using laptops on trains smashing away at their keyboard annoying the fu#k out of everyone else because they are so important and busy

Reps AJ 08-11-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14969544)
I often resort to wearing pajama trousers under my trousers in the winter, and I’m not old.

Buy some longjohns

Reps AJ 08-11-2019 07:37 PM

Having to google to find out whether longjohns is spelt longjohns or long johns only to find out you've used the wrong one