CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

strawberry mivi 28-03-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12898237)
My Mother in Law just got a new phone number and it ends in 1966.... that all.

Wow, that is annoying :angel:

What was once annoying...
Our phone number used to include 550630.
Innocuous you may think, but, BT had introduced a system where you could be sent a wake-up call by dialing some number plus 55 and then the time you wanted waking. If the user missed the first bit we got a call, often late at night.
It took a while to figure out what was happening.
Bloody annoying.
Hopefully some buggers missed meetings by over sleeping when it didn't work.

the drexciyan 28-03-2016 05:56 PM

Booking fees.

What exactly is it and what does it cover?

Rip off *****.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 28-03-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the drexciyan (Post 12898980)
Booking fees.

What exactly is it and what does it cover?

Rip off *****.

The cost of running a ticket sales agency + profit I guess?

the drexciyan 28-03-2016 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 12898994)
The cost of running a ticket sales agency + profit I guess?

Quite possibly, but not to be confused with a transaction fee, which is stated what that covers.

Once you get the infrastructure in place it's not rocket science to alter the process for different events. Let's say 70k x 2.50 = 175k for our semi + 175k for the other one = 350k for both semi finals from booking fees for one weekends events. I suspect it's less of the former and much more of the latter of the 2 areas you mention.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 28-03-2016 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the drexciyan (Post 12898999)
Quite possibly, but not to be confused with a transaction fee, which is stated what that covers.

Once you get the infrastructure in place it's not rocket science to alter the process for different events. Let's say 70k x 2.50 = 175k for our semi + 175k for the other one = 350k for both semi finals from booking fees for one weekends events. I suspect it's less of the former and much more of the latter of the 2 areas you mention.

Their wage bill is the same all year round plus cost of office's, postal etc. I hate the fee as much as anyone but like most things we pay for if you strip it back it's usually nowhere near as unfair as you might think. A bit like cab fares. We all raise our eyebrows but the bloke driving is paying for radio, tax, huge insurance, fuel, maintenance and trying to earn a wage. It's amazing they are so cheap really.

Dunkie 28-03-2016 06:27 PM

operating costs and margin. they only have one of the semis. strip out the VAT and it really isn't much of a margin. businesses do need to make a profit, even when dealing with palace fans!

WorthingEagle 28-03-2016 07:01 PM

Fine the ticket sites need to make money, but I'd rather they took it out of the headline price before passing it on and make that bigger. After all, the sites work for the vendors, not for us so why are we paying the fee?

Dunkie 28-03-2016 07:11 PM

we would still be paying if the ticket was priced higher to incorporate the agency costs. swings and roundabouts. the club could pay the agency to sell our tickets, but i would imagine a zero cost option is preferred. in fact there is even a possibility that the agency would pay for their business.

andyocpfc 28-03-2016 09:13 PM

People that start a conversation with 'So......'

son of trolley 28-03-2016 09:21 PM

Fans who turn up late and leave early

cappuccinoeagle 28-03-2016 09:43 PM

The One Show is a bit annoying anyway but bring in Chris Hollins as a presenter that tips it over......

Chocky 28-03-2016 09:49 PM

Bastards, wankers and f*cking c*nts. The lot of them. And pricks, tossers, nobheads, wankstains, and Brighton.

TopKnot 28-03-2016 10:03 PM

The last leg. How is this program still going, hideously unfunny. Smug Aussie presenter, fat faced Alan partridge voiced ginger, and dull nondescript one, all crap.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 29-03-2016 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12899221)
Bastards, wankers, f*cking c*nts, pricks, tossers, nobheads, wankstains etc = Brighton.

efa

Isle of Wight 29-03-2016 12:39 AM

Trying to workout what phase I'm in and trying to get semi final tickets fighting with technology. Prefer the old way of queueing all day.

elgin eagle 29-03-2016 12:47 AM

Stupid unnecessary metal obstructions/kerbs/little gardens that you don't notice in car parks until you have driven into them.

Blind_Eagle 29-03-2016 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 12899002)
Their wage bill is the same all year round plus cost of office's, postal etc. I hate the fee as much as anyone but like most things we pay for if you strip it back it's usually nowhere near as unfair as you might think. A bit like cab fares. We all raise our eyebrows but the bloke driving is paying for radio, tax, huge insurance, fuel, maintenance and trying to earn a wage. It's amazing they are so cheap really.

Just how many people do you think are actually employed in processing the order, payment and then issuing a ticket? :D

Let me give you a clue, I own a business that holds the sole agency for certain - admittedly comparatively small beer - events. If you buy over the Internet then the number of people processing your transaction, printing the tickets and sending them out is, err, none.

HTH.

adrenalin john 29-03-2016 02:03 AM

Sobriety and reluctant drunks.

mroakley9 29-03-2016 02:21 AM

When you feel like you need to sneeze, but no sneeze is actually forthcoming

KYLIE MINEAGLE 29-03-2016 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mroakley9 (Post 12899401)
When you feel like you need to sneeze, but no sneeze is actually forthcoming

or when you need to fart but follow through.:o