CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Maz 24-05-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil the Eagle (Post 13013978)
Adverts that have stripped back, slowed own piano covers with some insipid vocals. Just had That's Entertainment and Everybody's Free consecutively.

Absolute shite. If I wanna hear pared back, snail-paced covers with shit singing I'll record myself on the sodding ukulele.... grrr.

When we are next in the cup final maybe you should release a ukulele version of GAO. I'd buy that!

Maidstoned Eagle 24-05-2016 11:17 AM

Spanish TV, Canal+ etc that seem to be able to show EVERY football match from around the world EXCEPT the FA Cup Final.

Adlerhorst 24-05-2016 12:36 PM

At the airport. My wallet doesn't appear to be.

****

My taxi driver is thrashing his Prius to get me home and back for my flight.

ChiswickEagle 24-05-2016 02:10 PM

The servers going down at my son's school for the second exam in succession. Haven't the kids got enough to worry about without exams being drawn out due to technology issues.

Maidstoned Eagle 24-05-2016 03:26 PM

Cant they use pen and paper?

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 24-05-2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil the Eagle (Post 13013978)
Adverts that have stripped back, slowed own piano covers with some insipid vocals. Just had That's Entertainment and Everybody's Free consecutively.

Absolute shite. If I wanna hear pared back, snail-paced covers with shit singing I'll record myself on the sodding ukulele.... grrr.

I agree with the fake "ooh - isn't that evocative" sentiment, just because you can hear the words. But I do point you towards Firestarter, covered by Torre Florim which I quite like.

The b*stard cousin of this has to be anything "...on the pan pipes" which pervade hotel restaurants the World over.

ceeby 24-05-2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz (Post 13014501)
People who don't give feedback after you've sold something on eBay.

sellers who insist that you have to give them feedback first before you get theirs. Do one, I paid first, stick your feedback up yer quim

CT_Palace 24-05-2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz (Post 13014501)
People who don't give feedback after you've sold something on eBay.

Even if they thought what you had sold them was shyte?

Latvian Eagle 24-05-2016 09:03 PM

Brett

TopKnot 24-05-2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle (Post 13014930)
The servers going down at my son's school for the second exam in succession. Haven't the kids got enough to worry about without exams being drawn out due to technology issues.

Why do they need servers to do exams? Genuine question, it was pen, paper and a calculator when I did mine years ago...

CT_Palace 24-05-2016 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 13015775)
Why do they need servers to do exams? Genuine question, it was pen, paper and a calculator when I did mine years ago...

Feels like it was quill, parchment and difference engine when I did mine :(

CT_Palace 25-05-2016 05:00 AM

sitting through an ad break and then remembering you're watching a recording and should have used the FF.

Nostrils 25-05-2016 07:48 AM

Landlines that ring from both the base and the phone, often out of sync and sometimes with different ringtones that are far too loud.

Ardent Eagle Forever 25-05-2016 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13016187)
Landlines that ring from both the base and the phone, often out of sync and sometimes with different ringtones that are far too loud.

You can mute the base station sound you know.

Fatboy 25-05-2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz (Post 13014501)
People who don't give feedback after you've sold something on eBay.

MODS: Please move this post to middle class problems

:supergrin:

Fatboy 25-05-2016 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 13015775)
Why do they need servers to do exams? Genuine question, it was pen, paper and a calculator when I did mine years ago...

Surprised they are not doing exams "in the cloud"

Nostrils 25-05-2016 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 13016217)
You can mute the base station sound you know.

I work in other peoples houses, so might be a bit odd if the plumber starts tinkering with their phones. Good advice though.

Maidstoned Eagle 25-05-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13016230)
I work in other peoples houses, so might be a bit odd if the plumber starts tinkering with their phones. Good advice though.

You could do what Eye Dee does, he blows them up. You could flood them.

Icy 25-05-2016 10:06 AM

Tartan patterned suits. Uglier than a fat girls mildew ridden fat fold.

ChiswickEagle 25-05-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 13015775)
Why do they need servers to do exams? Genuine question, it was pen, paper and a calculator when I did mine years ago...

My son has a slight educational disability and gets permission therefore to use a laptop in certain exams.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.