CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Terrace Bickle 06-06-2016 07:33 PM

A school headmaster wetting his knickers on the news because 'Banksy' has left a painting on a wall. That they would have removed in seconds should anyone else left the graffiti.

civil eagle 06-06-2016 09:40 PM

The number of different light fittings there are in my house, I think there are at least 5, bayonet, small screw in, big screw in, spot lights with pointy fitting, spot lights with flat fitting. Ahhhhhhhhh it drives me crazy I never have the right blub when one blows why can't we have just one type of light fitting.
Whilst I'm at why do we have so many colours of paint, we should have 6 at max, red, blue, yellow, green, white and black that way if you need to do a touch up you have a realistic chance of finding the right paint.
Some people suggest that what's gone wrong with this country since the 70's is immigration, others capitalism but my theory is choice, we have to much bloody choice these days and it's ruining things there should be only a couple of models and types of anything and then the choice is easy. Take holidays it used to be do I go to Isle of Wight or Bournemouth and everyone just gets on with it , but no we now have an almost infinite choice of locations, hotels, packages, airlines and car hire companies each with infinite reviews some good some bad so the sheer act of booking a holiday takes months of decisions and when you get there you never actually relax because you spend half your time worrying you made the wrong choice and you would have had more fun if you booked somewhere else. It was better before you knew wherever you went it would be miserable so you just got on with it

DocSavage 06-06-2016 09:52 PM

the 6 0 clock alarm!

elgin eagle 06-06-2016 09:54 PM

Mixing the wrong quantity of hardener into the epoxy resin despite following the instructions so that instead of shiny decking i have a sticky load of boards that haven't dried all day and don't look likely to now. Dunno if i can do a second coat tomorrow with more hardener in this time, having a longer reach than Mike Tyson would come in handy. Tried fixing it with a roller on a stick but the material came off the roller and added to the dog hair and dust storm debris that blew up from nowhere. Poxy epoxy.

Reps AJ 06-06-2016 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13034469)
Mixing the wrong quantity of hardener into the epoxy resin despite following the instructions so that instead of shiny decking i have a sticky load of boards that haven't dried all day and don't look likely to now. Dunno if i can do a second coat tomorrow with more hardener in this time, having a longer reach than Mike Tyson would come in handy. Tried fixing it with a roller on a stick but the material came off the roller and added to the dog hair and dust storm debris that blew up from nowhere. Poxy epoxy.

Tyson had a short reach of 71", you're much better off with the reach of Ali or Liston at 84"


Although this probably isnt of any actual help to your predicament

elgin eagle 06-06-2016 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 13034568)
Tyson had a short reach of 71", you're much better off with the reach of Ali or Liston at 84"


Although this probably isnt of any actual help to your predicament

84" would be perfect, as the boards are 6'6" so i could redo it without the risk of overbalancing and landing on my face on wet resin.

But yeah you are right, it isn't :)

CT_Palace 06-06-2016 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13034574)
84" would be perfect, as the boards are 6'6" so i could redo it without the risk of overbalancing and landing on my face on wet resin.

But yeah you are right, it isn't :)

some sort of paint brush duct taped to a stick implement might be an idea.
That or a full face helmet

elgin eagle 06-06-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 13034592)
some sort of paint brush duct taped to a stick implement might be an idea.
That or a full face helmet

:D

The brush-taped-to-a-stick-approach is definitely what im planning, the difficulty is getting enough downforce to get into all the grooves. The roller-on-a-stick-approach was a disaster tbh.

Liking the insurance of a motorbike skid lid if not though. The fumes on this stuff are amazing. gurit sp320 its called. The stupid applicator on the hardener squeezed out a couple of drops, compared to a meaty squirt of the blue one for the resin. Should have realised half way through really that the hardener wasn't emptying as fast as the bigger resin bottle. Plank.

Pat of the Palace 06-06-2016 10:58 PM

Tape it to a drone.

elgin eagle 06-06-2016 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat of the Palace (Post 13034622)
Tape it to a drone.

The wife?

Pat of the Palace 06-06-2016 11:07 PM

:)

Stellavista 07-06-2016 12:17 AM

Adults who use the term 'bestest'. F*cking grow up.

elgin eagle 07-06-2016 12:45 AM

Not being able to post a :jerkit: on the end of a thread. Or make any sort of reply to a snidey comment for that matter.

Michaelawt85 07-06-2016 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13034753)
Adults who use the term 'bestest'. F*cking grow up.

Besties.. urgh

Michaelawt85 07-06-2016 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayjay (Post 13033488)
The dishwasher debate

No one in my house loads or unloads it. Except muggin's here. lazy bunch of bastards

Les Butler 07-06-2016 02:49 PM

People that pm you apologising for their actions being very nice and friendly but acting very differently on the main BBS.

elgin eagle 07-06-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 13035363)
People that pm you apologising for their actions being very nice and friendly but acting very differently on the main BBS.

People that don't respond to your nice and friendly request but prefer to get the last word then instantly close a thread. (if you are referring to my pm, that is).

Epoxy resin that refuses to cure no matter how much fecking hardener you add to it.

Les Butler 07-06-2016 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13035413)
People that don't respond to your nice and friendly request but prefer to get the last word then instantly close a thread. (if you are referring to my pm, that is).

.

:D ???????

swissroll 07-06-2016 05:09 PM

Groups of (usually teenage lads) holidaymakers who dont understand the science of cause, effect and consequence when standing in far corners of a swimming pool lobbing hard objects to each other in a game of catch whilst many other holidaymakers and their kids are using the same pool

Suffolkeagle 07-06-2016 07:48 PM

Paying 1.69 for a magnum earlier in my local post office. Daylight robbery


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.