CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Football (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Brighton player arrested on suspicion of Sexual Assault (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284912)

sunshine lucas 07-10-2021 07:09 PM

Just as they were going to challenge for the Champions League...
:moo:

Golf Boy 07-10-2021 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle mart (Post 16040243)
As funny, as their asset will in all likely be sacked for gross misconduct, and not make the money they deserve. It is slightly worrying that three Prem footballers have been arrested with good reason - different breed. No longer normal people, but pampered pr!cks showered with adulation and money before they have really earnt it. Take a look at the focus on U23's, etc. And kids with agents. Sorry state of affairs.

None of that is an excuse, btw.Just a general whinge. There are plenty of good footballers too. :)

Normally societies elites donít have to answer for their conduct, but footballers seem to have fallen out of that bracket.

PeterH 07-10-2021 07:23 PM

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of my old mate Tony Montana's post. I think the arrest is useful to us as rival fans.

Yes, we should contain the excesses of our 'glee' that has befallen Brighton. And remember there is potentially a damaged victim in this, as there prorobably was in the previous case.

But it is nice to have something to shut those feckers up. Keep them nicely in their 'superior' boxes. We certainly won't have the usual once a year crowing seagulls that visit our site only during good times. They have been rubbing their hands for a month now.

But Tony Montano is spot on. Palace fans, and certainly BBSers should conduct themselves with a touch of decorum on the issue.

PeterH 07-10-2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 16040211)
I would imagine bail conditions would stop an overseas transfer. If heís convicted heís going down for a number of years.

That depends on the nature of the assault, doesn't it.

Maybe I missed it, but maybe it is not even physical....

Palace Kebab 07-10-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16041152)
That depends on the nature of the assault, doesn't it.

Maybe I missed it, but maybe it is not even physical....

Given he was arrested in a night club it is unlikely to be planned or
a minor etc. Given the location, my guess is it will be one of the less serious categories of sexual assault and if found guilty may not receive a custodial sentence at all

PeterH 07-10-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palace Kebab (Post 16041211)
Given he was arrested in a night club it is unlikely to be planned or
a minor etc. Given the location, my guess is it will be one of the less serious categories of sexual assault and if found guilty may not receive a custodial sentence at all

Don't worry, we will have some kind soul come on and tell us that it is not correct to speculate.

My betting is Adlers..he is good at that..in this case, speculating and then telling others that they shouldn't/can't.

:sunglasses:

It might also depend on how much the 'victim' is paid by the 'interested parties' to not pursue her complaint.

AJ 07-10-2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palace Kebab (Post 16041211)
Given he was arrested in a night club it is unlikely to be planned or
a minor etc. Given the location, my guess is it will be one of the less serious categories of sexual assault and if found guilty may not receive a custodial sentence at all

I guess you never watched Trainspotters then. :)

davech 07-10-2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesc_24 (Post 16039368)
Trying to think what his name rhymes with.

Best Midfielder?

Terrace Bickle 07-10-2021 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16041226)

It might also depend on how much the 'victim' is paid by the 'interested parties' to not pursue her complaint.

Those paragons of virtue at the Tampax are probably setting up a go fund me page for that very purpose.

Hibernator 07-10-2021 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16041226)
Don't worry, we will have some kind soul come on and tell us that it is not correct to speculate.

My betting is Adlers..he is good at that..in this case, speculating and then telling others that they shouldn't/can't.

:sunglasses:

It might also depend on how much the 'victim' is paid by the 'interested parties' to not pursue her complaint.

Or his.

PeterH 07-10-2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 16041312)
I guess you never watched Trainspotters then. :)

Is Trainspotters good?

AJ 08-10-2021 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16041435)
Is Trainspotters good?

Don't know as I meant to say Trainspotting :D which was really good imo.

PeterH 08-10-2021 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 16041489)
Don't know as I meant to say Trainspotting :D which was really good imo.

I thought there was a movie about Watford supporters.

TAK 08-10-2021 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16041494)
I thought there was a movie about Watford supporters.

No that's Veggie Felchers.

PeterH 08-10-2021 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAK (Post 16041508)
No that's Veggie Felchers.

Too much information whichever image that brings up. Where is the vomit smiley. :p

Shipp Ahoy! 14-10-2021 08:30 PM

Apparently set to play this weekend after training all week as normal...

Yes innocent until proven guilty etc but how many employers wouldn't suspend an employee during this process?!? (see Everton, Sigurdsson)

Olympian2 14-10-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 16051031)
Apparently set to play this weekend after training all week as normal...

Yes innocent until proven guilty etc but how many employers wouldn't suspend an employee during this process?!? (see Everton, Sigurdsson)

Possibly two - Brighton & Liverpool

AJ 14-10-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 16051031)
Apparently set to play this weekend after training all week as normal...

Yes innocent until proven guilty etc but how many employers wouldn't suspend an employee during this process?!? (see Everton, Sigurdsson)

will the refs allow a player to wear a tag during the match? :D

mrgins 17-10-2021 06:12 AM

Ronaldo and Mendy have both been charged with similar accusations, but they're both playing

Olympian2 17-10-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgins (Post 16053610)
Ronaldo and Mendy have both been charged with similar accusations, but they're both playing

Which Mendy? The Man City fella has just been refused bail a 3rd time & is being held on remand at HMP Altcourse, Liverpool. Apologies if you mean someone else.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-58870106


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.