CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

kayjay 19-01-2018 02:29 AM

Recruiting staff at Palace taking January off.

kayjay 19-01-2018 02:29 AM

every bloody year!

palaceporky 19-01-2018 02:38 AM

Alexa. Deaf bitch.

LN1 19-01-2018 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14062920)
I've been off work for a couple of weeks and am totally amazed at the number of unsolicited calls that come in everyday.

Thank God for caller ID and voice mail.

There was a thing on the radio yesterday where they were saying the whole "Do not call" list (not sure if you have that in The UK) is no longer working or being enforced.

As I'm typing this... there is another one!

Yes there is a list in the UK but there always seems to be new callers or they find a way around it. I'm on holiday 'down under' at the moment and I am getting at least three mobile calls a night from unsolicited calls (PPI, Claims etc).Cant turn the phone completely off due to various reasons so you still see it light up at 2am very annoying.

For home I imported a call blocker box from the US which tends to work most times and it can block number groups so if you type in 08 it will block any 08xx number calling. Unfortunately they are are now into ' spoofing' local numbers which is really crap but nothing much is ever done about it.

Hedgehog 19-01-2018 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 14062929)
Unfortunately they are are now into ' spoofing' local numbers which is really crap but nothing much is ever done about it.

Yes - same here.

Not only using our local area code, but the first 3 prefix numbers so it appears to be a very local number, which it is not.

Saving grace is anyone we know is in the contacts list, so their name shows up. The rest can leave a message if it is important.

The downside is it wakes me up from my naps!

Bluewater eagle 19-01-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 14062929)
Yes there is a list in the UK but there always seems to be new callers or they find a way around it. I'm on holiday 'down under' at the moment and I am getting at least three mobile calls a night from unsolicited calls (PPI, Claims etc).Cant turn the phone completely off due to various reasons so you still see it light up at 2am very annoying.

Get the "should I answer" app works brilliantly

saxoneagle 19-01-2018 09:39 AM

Online travel agents not making your flight booking appropriately so you don't get the cheap price you wanted.

LN1 19-01-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluewater eagle (Post 14063072)
Get the "should I answer" app works brilliantly

Thanks, sadly I'm on Windows phone. It's a great phone but has about four apps available for it (at least useful ones!). I can block numbers but the bar stewards came back last night a few digits past the blocked number :veryangry

CT_Palace 19-01-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

There was a thing on the radio yesterday where they were saying the whole "Do not call" list (not sure if you have that in The UK) is no longer working or being enforced.

As I'm typing this... there is another one!

Definitely not working/not enforced/load of bollocks.

About 5years ago we had only internet and tv from the cable co. Then they started advertising a triple play (to include a phone line) which included faster internet and more channels than we currently had and was cheaper... We switched to the new package and plugged in a phone. Went through the rather handy online service provided by the cable co to "not list" the phone number in any phone book, include the number in the "do not call" list etc etc.

For the next few days we got countless unsolicited calls.
I just unplugged the phone. Never used it again.

Maz 19-01-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

!

TPS. It has teeth...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.t...uisance_calls/

Martin H 19-01-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14063381)

It might have teeth but it doesn't work does it?

We get an average of 2 (maybe more) calls per day I reckon from a variety of punters offering solar panels, energy reviews, accident claims, or trying to get into our computer by social engineering. Some just ring with no caller (powerdialler pacing gone wrong). I used to amuse myself by wasting their time but even that is mind numbingly boring nowadays.

Blind_Eagle 19-01-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

In America?

simplex 19-01-2018 03:20 PM

Friends that I didn't know I had calling me and hanging up before I answer- probably expecting me to call them back... from Somalia (00252)

Bipe 19-01-2018 04:25 PM

People who post things.

Usually management psychobabble.

On LinkedIn.

Using very short sentences.

With a space in between each sentence.

And think that by doing so.

It makes whatever crap they are spouting seem more.

Profound.

Hedgehog 19-01-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

To be fair, and I can't believe I'm saying this, it reads as though their was a breakdown in the Do not call list system. The companies auto dialer system would have not called the numbers if the Do Not Call register had been functioning. Also the number of calls (1,475,969) in 90 days is staggering! In an 8 hour day that is 34 calls a minute.

Quote:

Southampton-based Home Logic used a dialler system to screen the telephone numbers that it planned to call against the Telephone Preference Service register, which allows people to opt out of receiving marketing calls.

This system was unavailable for at least 90 days out of the 220 between April 2015 and March 2016 due to technical issues but that didn't stop Home Logic from continuing to make phone calls. Some 1,475,969 were made in that time.

cappuccinoeagle 19-01-2018 08:18 PM

The woman who works in another office who....
Swans into our office like she owns it
Sits on people's chairs even though they've only just popped ou
Nicks our sweets and makes lame jokes.
Dresses like a Mexican bandit minus the hat.

chrisophiex 19-01-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14064110)

Nicks our sweets :D

WLYWLYAWYPWF 19-01-2018 09:05 PM

A Police car parked on double yellow lines on side road by South Croydon bus station preventing the buses accessing the entrance to the station while both policemen stand waiting for their kebabs in the babby on the corner. C*nts.

Leap of faith 19-01-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14064110)

Is she fit though

cappuccinoeagle 19-01-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leap of faith (Post 14064164)
Is she fit though

Nope!