CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Memory Lane (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   THE BIG MATCH REVISITED (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=182044)

Percy Dalton 11-05-2022 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 16417617)
The police wanted to and interviewed venables but nothing came of it.

Telegrah has a piece about Clive Allen today & that incident is mentioned. Police actually wanted to interview Clive Allen, T.V. accompanied him to advise.

Big Gav 11-05-2022 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc (Post 16285965)
Remember them little blue cars in the 70s

Me too. Nearly got run over by one in Dulwich park. Me and my mates told an old boy that the Russians were coming after him, he got in his little blue car and drove it over the grass trying to run us down :D. We was about 14 at the time

wrightchipvcfc 11-05-2022 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 16418489)
There were more arrests made at that game than at the other Quarter final Chelsea v Spurs that was being played 3 miles away at the same time.

Think that why there was so much trouble around the ground that day wasn't enough police to stop it all week there was talk how much trouble there would be at the Chelsea spurs game so police concentrated on that fixture more . We had already played qpr away that season from memory 'and there was trouble that day so police had warning .

burgess hill 84 11-05-2022 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc (Post 16418609)
Think that why there was so much trouble around the ground that day wasn't enough police to stop it all week there was talk how much trouble there would be at the Chelsea spurs game so police concentrated on that fixture more . We had already played qpr away that season from memory 'and there was trouble that day so police had warning .

Yeah your right, we played them in the September at there place (John Burridge attack) and January at ours, loads of trouble at both games.

monkey 12-05-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 (Post 16418489)
There were more arrests made at that game than at the other Quarter final Chelsea v Spurs that was being played 3 miles away at the same time.

With the amount of palace at the game and what Clive Allen did it doesn’t surprise me. Hard to believe there was only 63 of us at Shrewsbury not long after(yes I did count) :D

burgess hill 84 13-05-2022 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey (Post 16421034)
With the amount of palace at the game and what Clive Allen did it doesn’t surprise me. Hard to believe there was only 63 of us at Shrewsbury not long after(yes I did count) :D

We played Cardiff at home 3 days later, and there was only 6000 there.
Dark days.

Sydenham Eagle 13-05-2022 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Percy Dalton (Post 16418497)
Telegrah has a piece about Clive Allen today & that incident is mentioned. Police actually wanted to interview Clive Allen, T.V. accompanied him to advise.

I read Clive Allen's book last year. For someone who comes over as reasonably amiable on TV, he was clearly an utter plonker as a player. He basically has a massive fall out at every club he played for and then with Sky when he was a pundit but it was never his fault!

monkey 14-05-2022 11:32 AM

Just watching it now, I’m trying to pick my 17 year old self out in the crowd. I forgot Glen Roeder would’ve been sent off this day and age for bringing down Vince, we were robbed :D

monkey 14-05-2022 10:28 PM

Our home game v Luton the same season next Saturday :p

Polak 14-05-2022 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey (Post 16423945)
Our home game v Luton the same season next Saturday :p

Is that the 3-3? Excellent

monkey 15-05-2022 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 16424018)
Is that the 3-3? Excellent

I couldn’t remember, so I cheated and looked it up, yes it is, smillie with 2 and Mabbutt scoring, with a crowd of 12,001, (I was the one) :) which was good for that season, we regularly got half that, Luton must have a had a good turn out as they were up the top

Polak 15-05-2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey (Post 16424379)
I couldn’t remember, so I cheated and looked it up, yes it is, smillie with 2 and Mabbutt scoring, with a crowd of 12,001, (I was the one) :) which was good for that season, we regularly got half that, Luton must have a had a good turn out as they were up the top

Thanks. I remember the game but can't remember the scoring order. I think either we or they went 3-1 up. Or 2-0. Or maybe I'm talking bollocks.:D

Mad Max 15-05-2022 11:46 AM

I watched the FA cup revisited on BBC yesterday,1970 Chelsea v Leeds.It wasn`t football it was more who could put the most amount of opposition players in hospital.If that game were replicated today there would only be two goalies left on the pitch.

monkey 15-05-2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 16424426)
Thanks. I remember the game but can't remember the scoring order. I think either we or they went 3-1 up. Or 2-0. Or maybe I'm talking bollocks.:D

I remember us drawing 3-3 with Luton in the early 80’s, but couldn’t remember it being that season or how the scoring went. I went to most of the away games that season and remember more about them, I think one home game tends to merge into another. Awaydays are always more memorable

monkey 15-05-2022 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 16424490)
I watched the FA cup revisited on BBC yesterday,1970 Chelsea v Leeds.It wasn`t football it was more who could put the most amount of opposition players in hospital.If that game were replicated today there would only be two goalies left on the pitch.

I think they had Dermot Gallagher watch the full game a few years ago and ref it how he would’ve done at that time, I seem to remember him saying, there would’ve been 3 left on the pitch, probably what you said, the two keepers and one other

Ian Hart 16-05-2022 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 16424426)
Thanks. I remember the game but can't remember the scoring order. I think either we or they went 3-1 up. Or 2-0. Or maybe I'm talking bollocks.:D

A (Luton) friend sent me this

https://www.hattersheritage.co.uk/cr...-town-19811982

The (soon to be) famous Raddy Antic, eh. Now sadly departed this world

ElwissAtMemphis 16-05-2022 01:22 AM

If you can't wait for the full highlights, you can see the goals here ...


JJ 16-05-2022 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis (Post 16426478)
If you can't wait for the full highlights, you can see the goals here ...


Even though it coincided with a very dark period full of mostly shit football, I absolutely love that white adidas kit. It's easily my favourite white sash kit.

joyce the voice 16-05-2022 03:14 AM

Amazing to see the reaction to the penalty. The Luton player just got up; the Palace players just accepted the decision. Now all the players surround the ref from both sides; followed by a carnival of ****wits on sites like this analysing the decision.

Garfy 16-05-2022 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis (Post 16426478)
If you can't wait for the full highlights, you can see the goals here ...


Never understood why David Boulter was released at the end of the season.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.