CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

1905 06-10-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 13260149)
Does anyone else have the iPhone 6/plus with this bloody touch disease thing?

Drives me f--king nuts but out of the 12 months warranty so always having to bend the phone to get the screen to work.

Fingers crossed been fine with iphone6, do you have the 6 normal or plus? Seems the plus suffers more especially if not kept in a hard backed case.

andyocpfc 06-10-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1905 (Post 13260154)
Fingers crossed been fine with iphone6, do you have the 6 normal or plus? Seems the plus suffers more especially if not kept in a hard backed case.

I have the plus version.

Been doing it since just after the warranty ran out about 3/4 months ago and getting worse. Found a YT video how to repair it so a work colleague of mine took it all apart and did the temporary repair (using in solution tape) as instructed but it's come back again. I've had mine in a hard case since I got it and yet still suffer so don't think it's because of that TBH.

mroakley9 11-10-2016 12:05 PM

iOS 10 is the single worst thing to happen in this world since Hitler.

PalaceForever 11-10-2016 12:45 PM

.

Heb 7:4 11-10-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mroakley9 (Post 13264962)
iOS 10 is the single worst thing to happen in this world since Hitler.

I like it. Accessing the camera from the lock screen is far snappier

Isle of Wight 17-10-2016 12:04 AM

Went to have a look at the 7 as its time for an upgrade. All very nice but, for those that have one, how have you adapted to not having a proper home button? It felt so wrong just touching a dent.

Dave 17-10-2016 12:22 AM

I love that you can text direct from the notification and don't have to open the app

Adlerhorst 17-10-2016 12:28 AM

They appear to have done something annoying with they keyboard. Previously I would press the button for the symbols, hit the apostrophe and then it would flip back to the letters. Now it doesn'5. So I now spell doesn't with a 5.

Hedgehog 17-10-2016 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 (Post 13265310)
I like it. Accessing the camera from the lock screen is far snappier

I thought you could always do that?

Heb 7:4 17-10-2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 13272679)
They appear to have done something annoying with they keyboard. Previously I would press the button for the symbols, hit the apostrophe and then it would flip back to the letters. Now it doesn'5. So I now spell doesn't with a 5.

Download the Google made keyboard, Gboard. It still flips back after hitting ' and IMO is a much better keyboard. Being able to search and embed Google searches within messages is also handy. I only go back to the apple keyboard on the rare occasions I want to use speech to text.

https://appsto.re/gb/syGebb.i

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13272697)
I thought you could always do that?

Yeah, but you had to swipe up, hit the camera button, them wait for camera to start. Now you just swipe left and it's there. When you're trying to quickly get a picture of something before you miss it it's much better.

Also widgets have now become useful. I use the launcher app to have my most used on hand all the time.

Isle of Wight 05-11-2016 04:59 PM

Ok I took the plunge and got a 7. How the hell do you stop voice control when you push the home button? I can only find that you have to replace it with Siri. I don't want either I just want to press home put in my passcode and use the phone!!!!! Grrr

AND the update on the music player is ******* awful. Hundreds and hundreds of songs that I purchased or got given as promos are on the phone with a cloud next to them. Gone is the setting to only show what is physically on the phone. After ages of searching You have to delete each album/song one by one. W ankers !!

bubbs11 07-11-2016 06:37 AM

Needing to upgrade from my iphone5c pretty soon. Any advice on what to get next or what to avoid? Would like to stay with iPhones.

Don't use my phone to listen to music; just use it for calls, texting, Internet and the odd cute picture of my 1 year old.

Heb 7:4 07-11-2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 13305134)
Needing to upgrade from my iphone5c pretty soon. Any advice on what to get next or what to avoid? Would like to stay with iPhones.

Don't use my phone to listen to music; just use it for calls, texting, Internet and the odd cute picture of my 1 year old.

I'd skip the 7 and get yourself a cheaper 6s, in the midrange storage capacity. You might not have any music but the smallest capacity really is too small. Apps and photos fill up quickly.

Conger 07-11-2016 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 13300848)
Ok I took the plunge and got a 7. How the hell do you stop voice control when you push the home button? I can only find that you have to replace it with Siri. I don't want either I just want to press home put in my passcode and use the phone!!!!! Grrr

AND the update on the music player is ******* awful. Hundreds and hundreds of songs that I purchased or got given as promos are on the phone with a cloud next to them. Gone is the setting to only show what is physically on the phone. After ages of searching You have to delete each album/song one by one. W ankers !!

Sounds like you should set up the fingerprint access - that'll sort you out. Siri/voice control comes up if you keep pressing. Either just press once, or set up the fingerprint access (Touch ID)

With music - don't delete them! On the 'front menu' in music there is an 'Edit' button - press that and select 'Downloaded music' - you'll have what you want...

bubbs11 07-11-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 (Post 13305302)
I'd skip the 7 and get yourself a cheaper 6s, in the midrange storage capacity. You might not have any music but the smallest capacity really is too small. Apps and photos fill up quickly.

Yeah I've noticed that. Cheers for the advice.

Stavros 69 09-11-2016 01:20 AM

They've taken the ability to rate your songs away.
For this, they must die.

Hedgehog 09-11-2016 02:10 AM

Is anyone else having a problem with the phone (who knew it is a phone still!)?

Every time I listen to a voice mail, at the end it locks up. I hit contacts or the phone keypad and nothing happens.

It's happen 3 times now. I can go to other Apps, just not negotiate with the phone App.

Only way is to shut the power down and re-start up.

Started happening with iOS 10.0

Isle of Wight 09-11-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conger (Post 13305315)
Sounds like you should set up the fingerprint access - that'll sort you out. Siri/voice control comes up if you keep pressing. Either just press once, or set up the fingerprint access (Touch ID)

With music - don't delete them! On the 'front menu' in music there is an 'Edit' button - press that and select 'Downloaded music' - you'll have what you want...

Already tried that but it still showed all the songs I had purchased that I could play via the cloud. In 9 you had an option to not display purchased songs.not in wanky 10. Only solution was the tedious delete.

A few days in and I still can't get to grips with the home button and I have lost my favourite old BBC app and been forced to their new shitty one.

And the headphone thing has struck. If you add a power the FireWire connection no longer passes through so your head phones won't work.

I guess I'm a Luddite

Kylie_Tracey 09-11-2016 09:08 AM

I'm getting a slight problem with "freezing" on the home pages, nothing that a reboot doesn't solve, I wonder if its a software update issue?

andyocpfc 09-11-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey (Post 13308704)
I'm getting a slight problem with "freezing" on the home pages, nothing that a reboot doesn't solve, I wonder if its a software update issue?


Which phone do you have?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.