CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Stellavista 26-11-2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16742397)
Ok being really annoyed today,on uni visits with my daugthers. Firstly trued to park 2 clueless muppets from a private parking company telling where to park and i have to pay but have no idea why.
Sevondly the state of some of the idiots here, i worry for the next generation.

I feel your pain.
With one now doing her Masters, and another a first year undergrad, we've done all the rounds.
One more to go next September.

Parking charges are just the beginning of it - if you earn anything like an average salary, the maintenance loans are pitiful, not even covering accommodation.
Thank God they both have a decent work ethic, and have reasonably paying jobs.
But we're still continually topping them up.
Good luck. Where they hoping to go?

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 26-11-2022 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 16741879)
ITV X is absolute dog shite

Where's the TV guide? I can find it on itv.com but not itvx.

pallet 26-11-2022 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 16742562)
I feel your pain.
With one now doing her Masters, and another a first year undergrad, we've done all the rounds.
One more to go next September.

Parking charges are just the beginning of it - if you earn anything like an average salary, the maintenance loans are pitiful, not even covering accommodation.
Thank God they both have a decent work ethic, and have reasonably paying jobs.
But we're still continually topping them up.
Good luck. Where they hoping to go?

Today we have done Winchester and Bounemouth

rhiannapaul 26-11-2022 04:18 PM

Wordle

cappuccinoeagle 26-11-2022 10:28 PM

The number of Brighton players at the World Cup- there’s too many

Hedgehog 26-11-2022 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 16742809)
The number of Brighton players at the World Cup- thereís too many

On the plus side they may be knackered by the time they get back...

stamford triumph 27-11-2022 12:15 AM

There I was thinking it was only Battersea Power Station shopping centre that allowed dogs. Today, they were all over John Lewis in Oxford Street. Please can we keep some places free of dogs. Not everyone loves the smelly, leg cocking, bottom smelling, pavement smearing, whimpering animals.

pallet 27-11-2022 01:22 AM

Some idiot today tried to take his dog into the local bakery, when they asked him to wait outside he bleated about no sign.

Prince Phillip 27-11-2022 10:06 AM

Don't know who I hate more, the people who take their dogs on the tube or the fellow passengers that simper all over them.

Terrace Bickle 27-11-2022 12:43 PM

We live in a 50s property that due to the build suffers badly from condensation, which can only be controlled during winter by using a dehumidifier.

So to my wife explaining for the umpteenth ******* time, that me running the dehumidifier for a couple of hours to help does no ******* good when she then opens the windows when it has been pissing down and is 85+ humidity outside.

I mean Jesus Christ it's not a difficult concept to grasp. But if course it's not her having to go over the ceiling with white vinegar and repainting when necessary....

Wayne Andrews is God 27-11-2022 01:05 PM

Commentators / pundits saying the empty phrase:

“Clearing his lines”

Wayne Andrews is God 27-11-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16742925)
Don't know who I hate more, the people who take their dogs on the tube or the fellow passengers that simper all over them.

The simperers. Often the owners are starring off into the distance, the activity unwanted.

Terrace Bickle 27-11-2022 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16742925)

There seems to be an attitude amongst dog owners now that they can take them anywhere and let them off their fricking leads absolutely anywhere where there is open ground, even when there are sign e.g. at nature reserves that say they mustn't. ****wits

Direwolf 27-11-2022 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceForever (Post 16740744)
I was going to post the same yesterday - I normally don't cough up, but I have 3 in the same school for this year only and the group photo was not bad (the 3 of them had their eyes open and were looking at the camera, which is quite rare). I'll print them off as gifts for every relative I know (and maybe even some strangers I don't know), in order to try and make it feel better value.

The cost I begrudgingly accept through gritted teeth...it always seems extortionate, but I suppose there's a lot of work other than taking the actual photo. I do get annoyed by the rubbish options available e.g. 3 photos on a memory stick for £45, but if I want 4 photos, I have to buy the 4th photo separately for £20. Daft.

Save money and use it for all your Christmas cards - everyone will love you :D

Eagle's Nest 27-11-2022 01:58 PM

Christmas

Oldtown Eagle 27-11-2022 03:20 PM

Not really annoying, but is anyone going to start an FA Cup 3rd round who do you want, who will we get thread. Or have I missed it? I could but donít feel itís my place :frown:

Mr Mojo Risin 27-11-2022 03:29 PM

That Iceland chant. It was good when Icelandic fans did it but Iceland didn't qualify for the World Cup and now it appears that every single country is copying them.

MrBling 27-11-2022 03:34 PM

Palace club shop being unable to take orders during Black Friday offer weekend

strawberry mivi 27-11-2022 04:08 PM

Phil Foden's 'fringe'.

ceeby 27-11-2022 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 16743063)
Christmas

Too right. :wallbash: