CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Dave 14-07-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GodstoneEagle
isn't the 2.0 update already available on iTunes?
I believe they want to use 2.0 with other networks

GodstoneEagle 14-07-2008 04:15 PM

i see.

not long till I have one now :)

AndyStreet 14-07-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave
I have used it for a long time - I listen to most of my music on my Linux desktop and all the players support Last.FM

I am listening to my 'recommended' radio which is cool but it updates my recently listened to list which is a bit odd

http://www.last.fm/user/dc2447/

Thanks mate. I'll post my URL when I've listened to enough tunes to make it worthwhile.

AndyStreet 14-07-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by James Melody
I just cancelled my iPhone order.....
Why??!!?

Swanny32 14-07-2008 04:52 PM

Anyone reckon they'll have the stock issues sorted out by 3rd September? Considering one of these bad boys as my next phone but having just got a company laptop there probably is much need for one.

James Melody 14-07-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AndyStreet
Why??!!?
I was really put off by how much of a shambles O2 customer service is.

I ordered the device last monday and got a confirmation email from them stating delivery within 5 working days subject to credit checking.

I called on Thursday as I had heard nothing from them. I was told that I couldn't have ordered the iPhone as they were only available on the 11th. I was told that delivery was within 10 working days not 5 as per the confirmation email.

I was then told my account was in the process of being scored. It takes 3 days for a business credit check (even though t-mobile, Vodafone and Orange can turn a business connection around on the spot) and they were doing it at that point.

I got a call on Friday from a member of the sales team about me registering an interest in the iPhone and asking if I was interested in ordering one.

I called this morning to see if there was an update - I was told the account had been approved on Wednesday (the day before I called last week and was told it was being scored) but they needed me to send in copies of proof of ID and proof of address. I should have been called about this last wednesday.

At that point I decided to cancel the order as if O2 are that bad at processing an order, I didn't want to have to deal with them if I had any sort of issue.

I walked into Vodafone at 2:00 and walked out with a new windows mobile device within 30 minutes.

KingsleY 14-07-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Swanny32
Anyone reckon they'll have the stock issues sorted out by 3rd September? Considering one of these bad boys as my next phone but having just got a company laptop there probably is much need for one.
I'd imagine they will be well sorted by then.
Wouldn't be suprised if you could get one this week if you tried hard enough.

Getting more and more tempted to buy one!

KingsleY 14-07-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by James Melody
I was really put off by how much of a shambles O2 customer service is.

I ordered the device last monday and got a confirmation email from them stating delivery within 5 working days subject to credit checking.

I called on Thursday as I had heard nothing from them. I was told that I couldn't have ordered the iPhone as they were only available on the 11th. I was told that delivery was within 10 working days not 5 as per the confirmation email.

I was then told my account was in the process of being scored. It takes 3 days for a business credit check (even though t-mobile, Vodafone and Orange can turn a business connection around on the spot) and they were doing it at that point.

I got a call on Friday from a member of the sales team about me registering an interest in the iPhone and asking if I was interested in ordering one.

I called this morning to see if there was an update - I was told the account had been approved on Wednesday (the day before I called last week and was told it was being scored) but they needed me to send in copies of proof of ID and proof of address. I should have been called about this last wednesday.

At that point I decided to cancel the order as if O2 are that bad at processing an order, I didn't want to have to deal with them if I had any sort of issue.

I walked into Vodafone at 2:00 and walked out with a new windows mobile device within 30 minutes.

Your loss I guess, but there are no Windows Mobile devices anywhere near as nice as the iphone

Swanny32 14-07-2008 04:59 PM

I wouldn't want one if you hadn't loaded up porn at half time at the end of the season! Bastard....costing me money!!

KingsleY 14-07-2008 05:00 PM

They are well worth it...Ah man, I just want the new software :( Super monkey ball on the move man!

Swanny32 14-07-2008 05:02 PM

Super monkey ball is without a doubt the most frustrating and irritating game ever created, its the scum of all games that deserves to burn in hell!

................can you tell i have quit smoking?

KingsleY 14-07-2008 05:17 PM

Ha congratulations.. you grumpy bastard! About time!


As not to hijack this thread..Who would reccomend getting a 3G iphone to replace my 2G? Or is it not that worthwhile..

CPFC Town 14-07-2008 05:57 PM

Tuner is a great app for listening to online radio on your iphone/touch. Worth the 3 quid pad. (Does eem to have very positive reviews as well now on itunes).

I knwo this may not be the best thread to ask in but im looking for a dock for my touch possibly with inbuilt speakers does anyone have any recommendations.

The prices for the officical dock with no speakers is a rip off imho, so looking for alternatives.

Ta.

KingsleY 14-07-2008 06:22 PM

Ha, just found out that the headphones that come with the iphone have a microphone built in, and you can control pause music, answer calls etc with it!

Dave 14-07-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CPFC Town
Tuner is a great app for listening to online radio on your iphone/touch. Worth the 3 quid pad. (Does eem to have very positive reviews as well now on itunes).

I knwo this may not be the best thread to ask in but im looking for a dock for my touch possibly with inbuilt speakers does anyone have any recommendations.

The prices for the officical dock with no speakers is a rip off imho, so looking for alternatives.

Ta.

depends how much you want to spend - I like these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-iGro.../dp/B000I1HUGS

KingsleY 14-07-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave
depends how much you want to spend - I like these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-iGro.../dp/B000I1HUGS

I was tempted with that, but I think I'd rather get one with Built in DAB.
Do you know of any others? I was tempted with Intempo RDI:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intempo-Digi...6069646&sr=1-1

Dave 14-07-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KingsleY
I was tempted with that, but I think I'd rather get one with Built in DAB.
Do you know of any others? I was tempted with Intempo RDI:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intempo-Digi...6069646&sr=1-1

TBH I am only really familiar with the I-Grove and it's smashing although there is a part of me that thinks you could get decent sound out of a much cheaper unit

KingsleY 14-07-2008 10:13 PM

The SXT, which I believe is the newer version, is cheaper.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-iGro...6069976&sr=1-1
Although it doesn't look quite as nice

CPFC Town 14-07-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave
depends how much you want to spend - I like these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-iGro.../dp/B000I1HUGS

Thanks for the suggestion. Looking to get best value for the amount of notes spent.

As i can now get internet radio via the ipod and the remote app by apple i feel i can use it as a replacement for a hifi system.

Was looking at the JBL On Site which seems more compact then those suggested so far. But 222 reviews for your recommendation says loads about the product imho.

Thanks :p

Dave 14-07-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave
depends how much you want to spend - I like these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-iGro.../dp/B000I1HUGS

It's less powerful than the older model but I bet it's good, looks a great price


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.