CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

CT_Palace 09-07-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 12462678)
Right click the back button. It brings a drop down menu and you can select the page you want and it will take you to it.

yeah i know, but why doesn't it work from clicking the back button??? i mean thats what its there for right? :veryangry

mart63 10-07-2015 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civil eagle (Post 12462544)
People giving me dirties for eating my dinner on the train esp those who I've had to ask to move their bags for a seat.
Do they really think I would be in work clothes at this time of night completely sober out of any reason than absolute necessity. I got in at 8.15 and have barely stoped for 13 hours so f**k you if my burger king chicken premium smells

Well done for working 13 hours, just like many people do.
In fairness to the people who are "giving you dirties". The smell, usually accompanied by the sound of somebody eating take away food on the train is generally unpleasant.

tasty_snacks 10-07-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mart63 (Post 12462800)
Well done for working 13 hours, just like many people do.
In fairness to the people who are "giving you dirties". The smell, usually accompanied by the sound of somebody eating take away food on the train is generally unpleasant.

Ironic, isn't it? :D

TopKnot 10-07-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12462744)
yeah i know, but why doesn't it work from clicking the back button??? i mean thats what its there for right? :veryangry

works for me...:confused:

KYLIE MINEAGLE 11-07-2015 12:33 PM

People at sporting events who see themselves on the big screen then wave at themselves. Twats.

Vendy 11-07-2015 12:51 PM

Nothing more annoying than someone in a suit, eating a f'ing burger king on a bloody train thinking they have done a proper days work

Worksop Palace 11-07-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 12465310)
Nothing more annoying than someone in a suit, eating a f'ing burger king on a bloody train thinking they have done a proper days work

:confused:

Say what ?

justjuice 11-07-2015 01:34 PM

trains - everything to do with them.

Breaking rocks 11-07-2015 03:58 PM

So, Lloyds bank invented the horse.

SA Eagle 11-07-2015 06:58 PM

Scousers

For Paranoias 11-07-2015 10:22 PM

Blokes with jumpers draped over their shoulders. They never wear them so why ??

Trist 11-07-2015 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjuice (Post 12465353)
trains - everything to do with them.


Agreed. But if we're being specific, one thing that pisses me off is people that sit with their feet on the chair opposite. They refuse to move until you ask and then you have to sit where they've been wiping their feet. Can't you bloody sit without putting your feet on something? Selfish and inconsiderate gits.

Isle of Wight 11-07-2015 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 12463587)
works for me...:confused:

and me :confused: as well

CT_Palace 12-07-2015 12:10 AM

Well it doesn't for me. Not all the time. I use IE at work and Safari at home and on both platforms some websites will not let me back to the Google search page that I was viewing before but just reload themselves when I click the back button.

Little Fozzie 12-07-2015 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12466191)
Well it doesn't for me. Not all the time. I use IE at work and Safari at home and on both platforms some websites will not let me back to the Google search page that I was viewing before but just reload themselves when I click the back button.

I think some sites have like a redirecting page that loads quickly between the google search and the actual website. So when you hit back, it just goes to the redirecting page and sends you back to the site.

Whenever I right click the back button there's always a page in between google and the website, so I assume that's what it is.

danpalace07 12-07-2015 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA Eagle (Post 12465867)
Scousers

good call

Also any northerner that insists on typing like one. Endemic in the North East.

Breaking rocks 12-07-2015 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trist (Post 12466136)
Agreed. But if we're being specific, one thing that pisses me off is people that sit with their feet on the chair opposite. They refuse to move until you ask and then you have to sit where they've been wiping their feet. Can't you bloody sit without putting your feet on something? Selfish and inconsiderate gits.

In the past I've found that wielding a samurai sword has made their decision making much quicker.

Polak 12-07-2015 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tasty_snacks (Post 12462344)
Call centres.

Specifically, the part where they say, "can I ask you some security questions........are you the account holder?"

That'll deter the crooks, won't it?

And it gets worse. When I call up to discuss my wife's car insurance policy, which I bought online, and for which I'm a named driver, they ask to speak to my wife. Even though I know all the details. Passing the phone over to a woman so she can confirm that I can speak on her behalf achieves what, exactly? And what if I'm the woman, and I have a deep voice, or I'm mute, or have cancer of the larynx? It's a completely ******* senseless policy, rolled out by one moron years ago, who's practices have since been adopted by subsequent morons. Nobody has bothered to consider whether it makes any sense.

I have to call the car insurance people later this week to change my car. When they ask to speak to a woman, I'm going to tell them that I am one, at the moment, but I'm midway through by sex change. Let's see how they react to that.

Being called by Virgin Mobile and they ask me a security question. But they called me! So I turned it around and asked them what the 3rd and 6th letters of my passphrase were. They asked why. W@nkers

Gooders 12-07-2015 03:39 AM

Being delayed 2 hours getting back to Southampton from our cruise this morning because we had to slow down off Dover and let a cross-channel swimmer pass.

I kid you not - the feckin' cyclists of the seas.

CT_Palace 12-07-2015 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 12466195)
I think some sites have like a redirecting page that loads quickly between the google search and the actual website. So when you hit back, it just goes to the redirecting page and sends you back to the site.

Whenever I right click the back button there's always a page in between google and the website, so I assume that's what it is.

Exactly! And that's what's so annoying! The website owner is so desperate for hits or whatever motivates them to do this.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.