CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

CT_Palace 13-07-2015 09:48 PM

******* banks.

Chase locked me out of my account because I initiated a wire transfer to Chile on Friday. To do the wire transfer online I had to first log on to my account online using my user name and password (1st security check) then to do the wire transfer I needed to get an activation code sent to my mobile (2nd security check). However, this isn't enough, the bank not happy WITH THEIR OWN SECURITY MEASURES lock down the account and require me to call them direct and go through another batch of security checks to get the account unblocked. I mean WTF??

Maz 13-07-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 12467323)
Trapped on a boat for weeks with hundreds of c*nts. And you pay for it. Everyone got Nova virus on the last cruise my mum went on. What a f*cking shame.

I just spent ten days cruising around Svalbard - apparently further north than 99.9998% of the world's population - with 100 other passengers. Blue whales; polar bears and puffins.

Not too sure I recognise the picture you paint.

Worksop Palace 13-07-2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 12467692)
At the supermarket checkout with three items, heaviest is a packet of bacon: "Are you alright packing ?"

I always find that when I (politely) refuse their offer of help, even with a full trolley full (I'm a bit anal about what goes in what bag), they send all my shit down the shoot at a far greater speed than normal just to prove a point.

wedgetail 13-07-2015 10:06 PM

TV programs about diet and nutrition, I just watched part of an appalling example.

liberal clubber 13-07-2015 10:20 PM

waiting in a q with hot food and punter at checkout is pissing around, chatting to the cashier, fumbling with vouchers

liberal clubber 13-07-2015 10:22 PM

scientists referring to pluto as a "dwarf planet"
Just wrong

Jim Cannon 13-07-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12469195)
******* banks.

Chase locked me out of my account because I initiated a wire transfer to Chile on Friday. To do the wire transfer online I had to first log on to my account online using my user name and password (1st security check) then to do the wire transfer I needed to get an activation code sent to my mobile (2nd security check). However, this isn't enough, the bank not happy WITH THEIR OWN SECURITY MEASURES lock down the account and require me to call them direct and go through another batch of security checks to get the account unblocked. I mean WTF??

Yup you have just set me off there. A couple of years back I was arranging a trip abroad online. I had various tabs open on my pc, where I had selected the flights I wanted, and another for the hotel. I booked the hotel and paid by debit card no problem. Then I go to book my flights and my card is declined. Even though I knew the funds were in my account I double checked online and of course, they were. So I call the bank and they say they blocked the card for security reasons as there were 2 large transactions in quick succession. All very conscientious and caring and all that BUT by the time they had unblocked my debit card so I could book my flights, the seats had gone and I had to change my plans.

elgin eagle 13-07-2015 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 12469182)
Apples. It's the skin that gets in there. 'Get right in your mouth' as my old man would say.

Bananas. Can no longer physically eat them. Make me gag.

Fook my old grannies boots I'm getting old :sob:

We all are mate. That sucks too as it goes :)

You want to get the taste for bananas back. It'll be all you can eat in a few years ;)

El Jefe 13-07-2015 11:41 PM

Middle aged women making us work in at a refrigerated temperature, excluding the wind chill, because they *need* the air con on, all day every day, rain or shine, summer or winter. FFS.

And they're trying to be a carbon neutral company ��

Hot Butter 13-07-2015 11:44 PM

Usually it's the other way round and middle aged woman love the heating on making everyone else roasting hot

elgin eagle 13-07-2015 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 12469207)
I just spent ten days cruising around Svalbard - apparently further north than 99.9998% of the world's population - with 100 other passengers. Blue whales; polar bears and puffins.

Not too sure I recognise the picture you paint.

That sounds more like an Ark than a cruise.

How many passengers were left by the end of the ten days? ;)

Beatleboy 14-07-2015 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danpalace07 (Post 12467678)
My dog's old age means I can't go on holiday for a while because he probably wouldn't survive the kennels again. I love the thing and I know it's a bit harsh but it's just a bit annoying...



May I ask what is the appeal of cruises? Even if it was guaranteed that I don't get a bit seasick if I went on one, I've still never really 'got' the idea



They give you a "taster" of different places that you may want to check out and then revisit for longer ( e.g. for us Venice and Barcelona for example).

You pay up front for your cruise and don't have to worry too much about other costs ( unless you want to book excursions, play in the casino on board or buy souvenirs in different ports). Entertainment is excellent and staff are brilliant ( on Thomson cruises anyway).

Food is all included (eat whenever you want!). There is always something to do (even when at Sea). Your luggage is taken off of you at the arrival airport and delivered to your cabin on board ship.

When you leave the ship your luggage is collected from you and you don't see it again until you arrive back at your London Airport.

Cruises are just totally relaxing!

Gooders 14-07-2015 12:12 AM

The cruise I just went on was on a ship with 3,000 passengers.

I can totally see why some people would dread the thought of being in a floating hotel with that many people (and for sure there are a good number of Beatleboys about) but we've taken to it like ducks to water.

We were 50 before we did our first one though - and it's not something we would have seriously considered before that.

danpalace07 14-07-2015 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatleboy (Post 12469353)
[/B]

They give you a "taster" of different places that you may want to check out and then revisit for longer ( e.g. for us Venice and Barcelona for example).

You pay up front for your cruise and don't have to worry too much about other costs ( unless you want to book excursions, play in the casino on board or buy souvenirs in different ports). Entertainment is excellent and staff are brilliant ( on Thomson cruises anyway).

Food is all included (eat whenever you want!). There is always something to do (even when at Sea). Your luggage is taken off of you at the arrival airport and delivered to your cabin on board ship.

When you leave the ship your luggage is collected from you and you don't see it again until you arrive back at your London Airport.

Cruises are just totally relaxing!

Maybe when I'm old they might be up my street. As I said, I don't get on with the sea much though so I'd be nowhere near the side bits

GorBlimey 14-07-2015 05:24 AM

Maz.

"I just spent ten days cruising around Svalbard - apparently further north than 99.9998% of the world's population - with 100 other passengers. Blue whales; polar bears and puffins.

Not too sure I recognise the picture you paint."


Dear God.
__________________

cpfc4evandeva 14-07-2015 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooders (Post 12469356)
We were 50 before we did our first one though - and it's not something we would have seriously considered before that.

I've always imagined cruises to be full of swingers in their fifties amd sixties. Basically these guys in their thousands.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/a...S_1452608a.jpg

Not yet thanks.

Maz 14-07-2015 07:25 AM

saying that all cruise ships and cruises are the same is rather like saying that all hotels are the same.

It's ignorant and inaccurate.

That is all.

Far East Eagle 14-07-2015 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 12469212)
I always find that when I (politely) refuse their offer of help, even with a full trolley full (I'm a bit anal about what goes in what bag), they send all my shit down the shoot at a far greater speed than normal just to prove a point.

Having worked in Asda I can shed some light on this... and its just as annoying for the checkout staff as for the customer.

The checkout operator must ask the customer if they needs bags and if they want help with their packing. Asking someone with a full trolley if they need bags is stupid, we all know that, but if you don't say it and you were 'mystery shopped' then you're in trouble.

You also have to scan at 30 items a minute, with the till recording how fast you check and the supervisor checks at the middle and end of your shift if you are scanning below or under 30. I had people get pissed off and shout at me, but what could I do?

Vendy 14-07-2015 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Regan (Post 12468002)
Back in my day of you wanted to build muscles you did it the hard way. These days certain idiots think the way to do it is with 50 tubs of muscle-pro or some such shit.

The long term effects aren't yet known, but when they are, I won't be feckin interested.

If you think all they are doing is the 50 tub of Protein you are so wrong. The protein is there to feed the steroid induced growth. I cans spot them a mile off

Vendy 14-07-2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liberal clubber (Post 12469249)
waiting in a q with hot food and punter at checkout is pissing around, chatting to the cashier, fumbling with vouchers

Never understood the concept of going to the supermarket to but hot food, I can never figure out how to get it home hot enough to eat and always have that lingering thought that they use all the meat in store that is about to go out of date..

And on the note what ******* cretin at Tesco decide it was a good idea to have Indian food cooking away from 10am to 10pm right at the front of the store, puts me right off food buying. I cannot imagine the sales from the take away counter the negative effects of curry wafting around while you shop for food. And I like a curry! Even the staff at customer service moan about it.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.