CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Adlerhorst 13-08-2022 04:32 PM

Choosing floor tiles.

Hedgehog 13-08-2022 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 16587828)
Choosing floor tiles.

Along those lines... shopping for lamp shades.

Look OK in the store, don't look right on the lamp at home... we are currently on our 3rd attempt, and another one on order.

west country boy 13-08-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16586519)
Amazingly enough I think he was a Caucasian and in the US!

I'm pretty impressed you could tell he was from between the Black and Caspian seas.

west country boy 13-08-2022 04:50 PM

Anyway, what has annoyed me today is Jerry Sadowitz's Edinburgh show getting cancelled.

Levski 13-08-2022 05:14 PM

That thing some people do when suddenly a chair or a space on a sofa becomes 'their place' and they get all grumpy and order people out if someone else sits there. How does that work?

PALACEWU 13-08-2022 05:18 PM

Quote:

Choosing floor tiles.

If someone else chose them for you would that be better?

Maidstoned Eagle 13-08-2022 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALACEWU (Post 16587871)
If someone else chose them for you would that be better?

Maybe a Mexican?

Ian J 13-08-2022 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levski (Post 16587863)
That thing some people do when suddenly a chair or a space on a sofa becomes 'their place' and they get all grumpy and order people out if someone else sits there. How does that work?

If someone sits on your chair you just ask them to move. It can't be simpler than that

LN1 13-08-2022 05:52 PM

Quote:

Choosing floor tiles.

Recently had to choose bathroom tiles and was being shown the £30 plus each tiles by the salesman first, then he uttered the magic words 'we have these over here on sale'. Also the showroom was lit by low wattage halogen so I now have a 'Cold War' bathroom. Should have taken a sample!

Joe85 15-08-2022 10:30 PM

Given how stringent OFCOM are about false advertisement, I can’t understand how banks like Lloyds and Halifax get away with those ******* "by your side" adverts.

Stellavista 15-08-2022 10:54 PM

People who refer to their families as 'Team Smith/Jones/C*nt'.
Arseholes

Jim Cannon 15-08-2022 11:12 PM

The various ways subs enter the pitch these days, especially the growing habit of hopping over the line. FFS

PeterH 16-08-2022 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 16593987)
People who refer to their families as 'Team Smith/Jones/C*nt'.
Arseholes

North London.

You mix in some fecking circles. First the nasty bitch neighbour...then this.

A batman/robin...Will Smith slap..from Team Vista should sort it.

Or please...just point out verbally or online NO..when it happens..please don't let them get away with it out of repressed middle-class politeness (as in..the withering bed-time comment from the wife...'why did you..?'.

big bad John 16-08-2022 06:08 AM

Reading the BBC match report of the Forest v West Ham match. The journo must have been fresh out of Uni where he majored in being a drama critic. Obviously no room at the Beeb for that at the moment, so they've stuck him in the toys department and allowed him to write football reports until an opening becomes available.
He starts his report by claiming it was a "Famous victory for Forest" Why? It was a match between two teams, one of whom is hoping to finish 7th and the other hoping to stay up. After creaming himself over the noise the crowd made, outside, pre-match kick around, and during the game, he goes onto say that the Forest scorer (some bloke called Awoniyi) will go into Forest folklore along with all the other great stars of the twice European cup winners. Looking at the famous goal, which in his eyes has made the player a folk hero, it looks suspiciously like a glorified tap-in.

Olympian2 16-08-2022 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16595046)
Reading the BBC match report of the Forest v West Ham match. The journo must have been fresh out of Uni where he majored in being a drama critic. Obviously no room at the Beeb for that at the moment, so they've stuck him in the toys department and allowed him to write football reports until an opening becomes available.
He starts his report by claiming it was a "Famous victory for Forest" Why? It was a match between two teams, one of whom is hoping to finish 7th and the other hoping to stay up. After creaming himself over the noise the crowd made, outside, pre-match kick around, and during the game, he goes onto say that the Forest scorer (some bloke called Awoniyi) will go into Forest folklore along with all the other great stars of the twice European cup winners. Looking at the famous goal, which in his eyes has made the player a folk hero, it looks suspiciously like a glorified tap-in.

Simon Stone. Unsurprisingly, he supports the Wankers. Absolute tool. He’s not alone in living in BBC hyperbole-land, though. Conor McNamara makes every goal/tackle/throw-in sound like an excuse to have the biggest orgasm ever.

Martin H 16-08-2022 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16595046)

May be my eyes but it looked as if he was in the right place but it ricocheted off the defender and as he tried to react, it hit his knee and went in. So even tap-in might be an exaggeration. They all count but not likely to make him a folk hero.

917L 16-08-2022 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 16595081)
May be my eyes but it looked as if he was in the right place but it ricocheted off the defender and as he tried to react, it hit his knee and went in. So even tap-in might be an exaggeration. They all count but not likely to make him a folk hero.

Yep, more Fluke than tap in

Right place, but he knew almost nothing about it

MFBias 16-08-2022 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16595080)
Simon Stone. Unsurprisingly, he supports the Wankers. Absolute tool. He’s not alone in living in BBC hyperbole-land, though. Conor McNamara makes every goal/tackle/throw-in sound like an excuse to have the biggest orgasm ever.

Sensationalism.

Our approach to sport reporting has been affected by this American trend. I cant bare any of our commentators for the last few decades, they feel the need to hype everything and put too much stress on their cadence, all hoping for a soundbite that gets played on some sensational football montage. (There is a new trend of ‘growling’ a word to ‘show passion’ by the colour commentator. Dean Ashton is one of the worst for this but there are imitators raising all the time) for me it’s false, I would rather be given stats, whimsical pondering and benign anecdotes, rather than just stating with force every players name who receives the ball, we can all see it’s not radio.

It’s the same with the writing, they try too hard to make connections and allure to some kind of mythology being created, everything is either the biggest crisis or most monumental moment known to man. It’s getting worse with the rise of clickbait articles.

What it result in, is football all being taken too seriously, where is the fun and humour these days with football? Even the chants arnt as funny.

Maz 16-08-2022 08:21 AM

That's fine. It was still a famous victory for Forest; why begrudge them that?

And whilst on the thread subject, sweet Jesus, match day threads. We've got a lot of entitled arses on here/

weltklasse 16-08-2022 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 16595111)
Sensationalism.

Our approach to sport reporting has been affected by this American trend. I cant bare any of our commentators for the last few decades, they feel the need to hype everything and put too much stress on their cadence, all hoping for a soundbite that gets played on some sensational football montage. (There is a new trend of ‘growling’ a word to ‘show passion’ by the colour commentator. Dean Ashton is one of the worst for this but there are imitators raising all the time) for me it’s false, I would rather be given stats, whimsical pondering and benign anecdotes, rather than just stating with force every players name who receives the ball, we can all see it’s not radio.

It’s the same with the writing, they try too hard to make connections and allure to some kind of mythology being created, everything is either the biggest crisis or most monumental moment known to man. It’s getting worse with the rise of clickbait articles.

What it result in, is football all being taken too seriously, where is the fun and humour these days with football? Even the chants arnt as funny.

Its worse then that a lot of "commentators" don't even commentate on what is happening in the match any more preferring to spend their time swapping stats and banter with their co commentator with the occasional reference to what is actually happening on the pitch especially annoying on radio commentary..