CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Neckinger Eagle 30-10-2017 09:18 AM

Similarly, the new software update for my phone now wants to record when I'm sleeping. I think I know when I've been asleep thanks.

Maidstoned Eagle 30-10-2017 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 13919545)
Winter working hours, we are down to 9 hrs a day from today :(

Can I recommend taking a packed lunch to work?

little al 30-10-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13919689)

I do.

PeterH 30-10-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13919689)

He needs a bigger lunch box. Something for a snack towards the end of the shift.

Terrace Bickle 30-10-2017 08:12 PM

PeterH threads.

Bipe 30-10-2017 09:04 PM

I'm going to trivialise the seemingly never ending barrage of sexual harassment stories in the media by declaring how annoyed I'm becoming with the pronunciation of the word 'harassment'.

In my book it should be said as in (ironically given the subject matter) 'her ass', with emphasis on the second syllable.

But every man jack on the TV and radio seems to opt for the first syllable emphasis, similar to the surname Harris.

It's probably me but I'm not changing now after 45 years.

danpalace07 30-10-2017 09:23 PM

shitty old laptops

saxoneagle 30-10-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13920539)
He needs a bigger lunch box. Something for a snack towards the end of the shift.

His hours are being cut for winter. He needs a smaller lunchbox now, surely.

Danny_Cheviot 30-10-2017 09:28 PM

Changing season coughs/colds.

PeterH 30-10-2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13920824)
His hours are being cut for winter. He needs a smaller lunchbox now, surely.

Still a long shift. Makes me feel lazy.

Need something to keep you going if you only have cold porrige for breakfast and an oatcake.

PeterH 30-10-2017 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 13920621)
PeterH threads.

You dont have to read them. Strange thing to get annoyed about.

One would suggest you are trying to get in with the popular kids.

Maidstoned Eagle 31-10-2017 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13921067)

And people having packed lunches isnt? You really have turned into Alf.

bubbs11 31-10-2017 08:42 AM

My mother-in-laws car, which I use during the day to ferry my daughter about, has just got FM and AM channels and no CD player. I'm forced to listen to one shower of commercial sh*te song after another. Every song laced with the same irritating, soulless production and warbly singer with the sh*ttest most cringeworthy meaningless lyrics you could ever imagine.

Mostly stick to Radio 2, but then have to endure Fern Cotton who is like BBC made robot, spouting one cliché line after another. The woman has no personality whatsoever.

I've switched the radio off and taken to singing various Palace songs to amuse my daughter instead.

The problem there is at some point she'll ask Mrs Bubbs why Ron Noades mother is a w....

Wolfnipplechips 31-10-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 13921231)
My mother-in-laws car, which I use during the day to ferry my daughter about, has just got FM and AM channels and no CD player. I'm forced to listen to one shower of commercial sh*te song after another. Every song laced with the same irritating, soulless production and warbly singer with the sh*ttest most cringeworthy meaningless lyrics you could ever imagine.

Mostly stick to Radio 2, but then have to endure Fern Cotton who is like BBC made robot, spouting one cliché line after another. The woman has no personality whatsoever.

I've switched the radio off and taken to singing various Palace songs to amuse my daughter instead.

I usually start off with radio 5 until that chippy twat Campbell does my head in (usually about 5 minutes), move on to radio 2 until Evans drives me mad with his self promotion about bloody carfest, (another 5 minutes),whip over to radio 4 until bloody thought for the bastard day.

The last fifteen minutes of my drive to work are normally in silence.

My kids like the one about where West Ham can stick their bubbles by the way.

Neckinger Eagle 31-10-2017 08:58 AM

Well, it's the least enjoyable day of the year today.

saxoneagle 31-10-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13921248)
Well, it's the least enjoyable day of the year today.

Payday is never not enjoyable!

Terrace Bickle 31-10-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13921067)

One would suggest you are trying to get in with the popular kids.

Not at all, I couldn't be more unpopular with the kids and am happy with that. They just seem to be pissing competitions.

pallet 31-10-2017 11:34 AM

My sister and brother and in law who think it is ok to turn up at my house at 10.50pm.

Maidstoned Eagle 31-10-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 13921297)
Not at all, I couldn't be more unpopular with the kids and am happy with that. they just seem to be pissing competitions.

I'm no kid....you are popular with me though....hth

saxoneagle 31-10-2017 04:40 PM

Royal Mail - tracking says "parcel was left with a neighbour and we've left a card to tell you which one". No card, and neighbours haven't got it. Call RM and they tell me I need to go to the sorting office to check to see if they have it.

Very helpful.

Thankfully the lady at the company where I ordered my goods from was very helpful and is sending the item out again tomorrow and will follow up with RM. Seems customer service still exists in some places.