CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Worksop Palace 23-08-2018 01:13 PM

The fat German women about three sunbeds down from me by the pool who’s smoking the most foul smelling killer stick I’ve ever smelt

Horrible ****

ExiledStirling 23-08-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14398612)
Might have to be mate. I dunno about you but the only incoming calls we get on the house phone is people trying to sell us shit. She uses it to call her parents but that's the only time it gets used.

Very few... Came home yesterday to a voicemail message where the person appeared to think the answer phone message was actually me picking up the phone and then was asking a few times, in between hello's, if I could hear her. Just at the point she was identifying herself the phone went dead. I have no idea who it was but I am thankful to her for giving me that buzz of excitement and reassurance when coming home and seeing the flashing light, that someone, somewhere had been thinking of me.

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14398634)
Very few... Came home yesterday to a voicemail message where the person appeared to think the answer phone message was actually me picking up the phone and then was asking a few times, in between hello's, if I could hear her. Just at the point she was identifying herself the phone went dead. I have no idea who it was but I am thankful to her for giving me that buzz of excitement and reassurance when coming home and seeing the flashing light, that someone, somewhere had been thinking of me.

:D

Sounds like recording an ambiguous answer phone message complete with 'hellos?' is up there on my things to do list along with moving deck chair towels in the hotel next door next time I go to Cyprus.

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14398629)
The fat German women about three sunbeds down from me by the pool who’s smoking the most foul smelling killer stick I’ve ever smelt

Horrible ****

Move her towel next time she gets up mate.

Or just chuck it in the pool.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-08-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 14398598)
I have recently been in Majorca. It's the first time I've gone anywhere apart from Ireland with the family in over 10 years. I was led to believe that it was the Germans who woke at the crack of dawn to claim sun loungers by the pool. That is not the case. It is Johnny English who does this. On day one I reckon I wandered around for about 10 minutes looking for somewhere to park the family and was met with towel covered loungers but nobody on them. So I selected a decent location, waited a further 10 minutes and then shifted all the gear from a few loungers and set us up. We mucked around by the pool & had lunch by the pool all morning and afternoon. Then at around 1500hrs a northern bloke approaches me and asks if I took their sun loungers. Yes mate, at about 1000hrs and I've been here since. He looked like he was going to protest but I think it dawned on him how selfish he had been, so he picked up his pile of towels and wandered off.
From that day onwards I would sometimes head over to the pool at around 8 and shift all the towels that had been 'reserved' before heading over to breakfast. It created numerous arguments around the place but amused me no end.

Holiday in Tenerife many years back with a bunch of lads. Got fed up with no loungers so, we used to pick the ones up that had towels on, moved them and put our own in their place...people came to protest that they'd "saved these loungers", we all pointed out that no, they saved those loungers over there. :)

thefox 23-08-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14398629)

Horrible ****

Ah I've seen shows in Thailand like that. Yes it was a horrible ****.

andyocpfc 23-08-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

I have recently been in Majorca. It's the first time I've gone anywhere apart from Ireland with the family in over 10 years. I was led to believe that it was the Germans who woke at the crack of dawn to claim sun loungers by the pool. That is not the case. It is Johnny English who does this. On day one I reckon I wandered around for about 10 minutes looking for somewhere to park the family and was met with towel covered loungers but nobody on them. So I selected a decent location, waited a further 10 minutes and then shifted all the gear from a few loungers and set us up. We mucked around by the pool & had lunch by the pool all morning and afternoon. Then at around 1500hrs a northern bloke approaches me and asks if I took their sun loungers. Yes mate, at about 1000hrs and I've been here since. He looked like he was going to protest but I think it dawned on him how selfish he had been, so he picked up his pile of towels and wandered off.

From that day onwards I would sometimes head over to the pool at around 8 and shift all the towels that had been 'reserved' before heading over to breakfast. It created numerous arguments around the place but amused me no end.

You did what?! [emoji15] You mean you didn’t start a thread announcing you were “GOING ON HOLIDAY” and asking for recommendations?! This is not standard BBS behaviour.

Pub Idol 23-08-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Never put down towels unless you intend on being there for the day. But have to say fallen into the trap of putting them out early doors - The only other option is to get one without a parasol which means definite sunburn. Its rubbish but literally everyone does it everywhere you go. Has to be a better solution. Currently its (in most places) 6-8 time frame - Its a total walk of shame. Sunglasses on - Don't look anyone in the eye, head down, no room for error and quick sprint back to the room where your wife and kid are snoring away.

That said - Heard of one place in Cyprus where the rule is 8am start - So 8 am everyone lines up and charges. Anyone that does it before 8am gets a verbal lashing from staff who are monitor pool.

strawberry mivi 23-08-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Idol (Post 14398736)
That said - Heard of one place in Cyprus where the rule is 8am start - So 8 am everyone lines up and charges. Anyone that does it before 8am gets a verbal lashing from staff who are monitor pool.

Rules?
In Cyprus?

Unlikely - its Cyprus my friend.
Cigar Cigar (sp)

Selhurst Celtic 23-08-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 14398718)
You did what?! [emoji15] You mean you didn’t start a thread announcing you were “GOING ON HOLIDAY” and asking for recommendations?! This is not standard BBS behaviour.

:D

Worksop Palace 23-08-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14398651)
Move her towel next time she gets up mate.

Or just chuck it in the pool.

I gave her the ‘you dirty smelly ‘orrible fecker’ look. Didn’t work so may move on to your idea next.

Just on the towels on sunloungers bit...

We went down this morning about half 10 and there was the usual towels on with no one in sight but we managed to bag 4 so no bother.

Is it then hypocritical to leave out towels on the loungers when going back for some lunch and getting out of the sun for a couple of hours?

Wolfnipplechips 23-08-2018 03:12 PM

Rule of thumb for us is reserve a two or three even though there are six of us, use them for a few hours and then donate back to needy looking old people or hot birds as the day meanders on.

simplex 23-08-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Idol (Post 14398736)
Never put down towels unless you intend on being there for the day. But have to say fallen into the trap of putting them out early doors - The only other option is to get one without a parasol which means definite sunburn. Its rubbish but literally everyone does it everywhere you go. Has to be a better solution. Currently its (in most places) 6-8 time frame - Its a total walk of shame. Sunglasses on - Don't look anyone in the eye, head down, no room for error and quick sprint back to the room where your wife and kid are snoring away.

Renting a villa with a pool means this is never a problem.. get up when you want and do exactly what you want... on holiday to enjoy not get involved in more stress..

Pub Idol 23-08-2018 03:18 PM

smoking is annoying tho - People don't seem to care on holiday.

Worksop Palace 23-08-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplex (Post 14398805)
Renting a villa with a pool means this is never a problem.. get up when you want and do exactly what you want... on holiday to enjoy not get involved in more stress..

Cool. If you’ve got a few extra grand

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14398835)
Cool. If you’ve got a few extra grand

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bulgaria-Bu...8AAOSwj~9beayB

nickgusset 23-08-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14398841)

But I want it delivered...

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 14398757)
Rules?
In Cyprus?

Unlikely - its Cyprus my friend.
Cigar Cigar (sp)

:supergrin:

Clocks in cyprus dont start before midday do they? :)

andyocpfc 23-08-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14398841)

You'll probably buy a hundred of them!:p

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickgusset (Post 14398850)
But I want it delivered...

Cant be many places in europe where you can get a house for 2 grand.

Even if the first two things you bought were an inpregnable fence and a big swimming pool for the garden. 29 degrees there today.

http://www.guide-bulgaria.com/NE/Tur.../Popovo/Sadina

https://www.bulgarianpropertyexperts...adina-village-

No doubt its full of like minded brits anyway.