CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

elgin eagle 16-03-2016 07:49 PM

Stupidly bright modern led lamppost lights. I know they probably save energy, but why don't they put covers over them? Interrogating council bastards.

Isle of Wight 16-03-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 12880213)
Stupidly bright modern led lamppost lights. I know they probably save energy, but why don't they put covers over them? Interrogating council bastards.


Agree with you. They are so bright you get blinded if you drive over a hill and there is one at the top. You can't seen the night sky and your night vision is ****ed when you drop out a street light zone. Hate them. Why cant they have made them LED but a nice orange glow like the old ones?

elgin eagle 16-03-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 12880224)
Agree with you. They are so bright you get blinded if you drive over a hill and there is one at the top. You can't seen the night sky and your night vision is ****ed when you drop out a street light zone. Hate them. Why cant they have made them LED but a nice orange glow like the old ones?

I hate the bastards, we have two outside the house. Bizarrely half the estate has the old kind, so they must have just started replacing them with these poxy things.

Coming to a main road near you soon, LED road marker lights. Nowhere near as annoying as the lampposts, but you get a horrible distraction in your rear view mirror as you drive along. On the plus side though, if you turn your headlights to sidelights its like driving in some virtual world.

BERT'S HEAD 16-03-2016 08:06 PM

A trendy chef on This Morning pronouncing courgette as courjetty about a hundred times....aaargh !

Isle of Wight 16-03-2016 08:14 PM

In the budget they can put 10p on a packet of fags or 5p on a pint of beer and the very next day the price is up. They put a sugar tax on fizzy drinks..........2 years time WTF?

BERT'S HEAD 16-03-2016 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 12880274)
In the budget they can put 10p on a packet of fags or 5p on a pint of beer and the very next day the price is up. They put a sugar tax on fizzy drinks..........2 years time WTF?

Smoke and mirrors....doubt if it will ever see the light of day, hence the two years bit.

Jim Cannon 16-03-2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 12880250)
A trendy chef on This Morning pronouncing courgette as courjetty about a hundred times....aaargh !

That would annoy me too. However I would never watch This Morning in the first place:D

BERT'S HEAD 16-03-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 12880372)
That would annoy me too. However I would never watch This Morning in the first place:D

Er, i just happened to be in Radio Rentals paying a bill and it just happened to be on...honest guv :D

Jim Cannon 16-03-2016 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 12880377)
Er, i just happened to be in Radio Rentals paying a bill and it just happened to be on...honest guv :D

:D

Fatboy 16-03-2016 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 12875464)
Just a couple of things;

1) Being blind-sided with a "well if we are close-by, we can pop in to Ikea - I just want to pick something up".
2) Queuing to park at Ikea
3) Being in Ikea - at all
4) Finding out there is a "list" while in Ikea
5) Seeing a massive queue for the tokens to get an Ikea ice-cream
6) Paying for parking at Ikea
7) Ikea

1: Look up your item on the Ikea website. look for the page where it tells what area to pick the item up from. NEVER VISIT IKEA ON A WHIM !
2: Why waste 10 minutes trying to park as close to the store as possible. Quicker to park further away and walk into the store.
3: Enter the store via the Exit - closer to where they store the goods.
4: Pay at the self service tills. Nobody wants to use them.

IKEA is not a day-out. Get in - Get out !

Fatboy 16-03-2016 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 12880213)
Stupidly bright modern led lamppost lights. I know they probably save energy, but why don't they put covers over them? Interrogating council bastards.

We have one right outside our house.

Its like 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' at my bedroom window.

Wolfnipplechips 17-03-2016 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 12880708)
We have one right outside our house.

Its like 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' at my bedroom window.

Whilst at University some years ago........we had a street light right outside the bedroom window and only a sheet for a curtain.

It took at least six shots with a mates air rifle to shoot the light out.......

And then the bloody council came around the following week and fixed the bastard.

Jim Cannon 17-03-2016 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 12880703)
IKEA is not a day-out. Get in - Get out !

Sounds like it was a day out for him though:D

Jim Cannon 17-03-2016 12:34 AM

People who advertise their old football shirts that have their own name on the back for sale on ebay. Just stop it, it's not much better than offering to sell your used underwear

WLYWLYAWYPWF 17-03-2016 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 12880771)
People who advertise their old football shirts that have their own name on the back for sale on ebay. Just stop it, it's not much better than offering to sell your used underwear

Some people pay good money for used underwear.

GorBlimey 17-03-2016 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 12880772)
Some people pay good money for used underwear.

Who in God's world would ever stump up cash for "used panties", which I am given to understand are freely available for sale? :eek:

kayjay 17-03-2016 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 12880772)
Some people pay good money for used underwear.

Japanese businessmen pay top dollar for schoolgirl knickers

JJ 17-03-2016 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 12875464)
Just a couple of things;

1) Being blind-sided with a "well if we are close-by, we can pop in to Ikea - I just want to pick something up".
2) Queuing to park at Ikea
3) Being in Ikea - at all
4) Finding out there is a "list" while in Ikea
5) Seeing a massive queue for the tokens to get an Ikea ice-cream
6) Paying for parking at Ikea
7) Ikea

It pisses me off that Mrs. JJ generally likes to follow the arrows on the floor, which are clearly only intended to make sure you don't miss a single nook or cranny in what they have for sale.

JJ 17-03-2016 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nork1 (Post 12864714)
The media obsession with a foreign election.

The BBC obsession with Barcelona, Real Madrid or PSG. I really couldn't give a toss about them.

JJ 17-03-2016 03:19 AM

F*ckwits queuing to get a sub from Subway that don't even have the manners to say please and thank you when asked what they would like. I hope they detest olives and get a random one hidden in there that they haven't spotted until they've bitten down on it, ruining the taste of the rest of it. Now that's annoying too!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.