CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

remmer 17-12-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13995357)
I wasn´t allowed to meet him.....especially when they had to cut the all important "making the offer on a telephone call to theseller" scene because of me shouting "Is he having a ******* laugh!?" down the phone.

Excellent!

Blind_Eagle 17-12-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 13995327)
Er...

Eurgh.

Hedgehog 17-12-2017 10:58 PM

US version:

Went to the pharmacy to pick up some medication and was told it was not ready and come back in 30 minutes. Went to the gas station and the pump was not accepting credit cards, so had to go inside and do the whole signed receipt routine. Went to post office and put cards in the mail box only to see the next pick up is not until 5:00pm tomorrow (I was told by Mrs. H to take it to the post office as it would get picked up sooner than me taking it to work and putting it in the mail there - I digress). Went to grocery store to get 1% milk... none left. Went back to pharmacy, and one medication still not ready. Go next door to another grocery store and pick up 1 quart of 1% milk. Only one cashier working and line a mile long, including guy in front with half the store in his cart. Go back to pharmacy, and all my wife's stuff is ready, so I ask about mine... "Oh that wont be ready for a while, do you want to wait?". Errr no. Get home and I get a text from the pharmacy... you meds are ready for pick up!

I'm going back to bed I think.

cappuccinoeagle 17-12-2017 11:05 PM

Supermarket staff wearing reindeer antlers and other Xmas rubbish,bet most of them hate it.
The gormless actresses in the Oral B ads

Far East Eagle 18-12-2017 08:56 AM

On the 5live Football Daily podcast's intro they play this old boy calling in and moaning 'they get paid a lot of money' it gets me ******* raging every time

pallet 18-12-2017 10:49 AM

Christmas,

cranesparkeagle 18-12-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyb1 (Post 13995955)
I can't remember the name of the charity but it's to help homeless people and is the advert that annoys and not the charity btw.

starts off with a young guy on the street then cuts to an old guy being led into a hostel who looks very down and out (and here's where my annoyance lies) as soon as he's greeted in his expression turns into one like a wrong un with some big sex pest grin across his chops and his eyes glaring.

Charity ads in general. Actor with regional accent, cue the violins, lay it on with a trowel and demand 3 quid a week. Does the same agency do all of them?

mushroom 18-12-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 14000630)
Christmas,

I ****in love Christmas.

Worksop Palace 18-12-2017 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 14001954)
I ****in love Christmas.

Me as well

Best time of the year by a mile. Loads of work booze ups. Loads of lads booze ups. Time off work. Kids enjoying themselves. More booze ups

‘Kin ace

Hate NY and January with a passion though

andyocpfc 18-12-2017 11:15 PM

Things that annoy you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14001968)
Me as well

Best time of the year by a mile. Loads of work booze ups. Loads of lads booze ups. Time off work. Kids enjoying themselves. More booze ups

‘Kin ace

With you on the NY and Jan bit. Find NYE a bit depressing in fact. Another year on, end of festivities, everyone’s miserable as f—k etc. First time in my lifetime I might even do the dry Jan shit too.

Love Xmas though and the build up.

Worksop Palace 18-12-2017 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 14001988)
With you on the NY and Jan bit. Find NYE a bit depressing in fact. Another year on, end of festivities, everyone’s miserable as f—k etc. First time in my lifetime I might even do the dry Jan shit too.

Love Xmas though and the build up.

Yeah same here

Although I know I’ll get half way through January and go ‘ oh fvck it let’s have a beer ‘

:rolleyes:

PalaceOfVariety 18-12-2017 11:31 PM

Toilet seats that are too small - so you are actually sitting on the bowl!

PeterH 19-12-2017 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceOfVariety (Post 14002020)
Toilet seats that are two small - so you are actually sitting on the bowl!

Did you put the seat down?

bubbs11 19-12-2017 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 14000630)
Christmas,

...and New Year. The most pointlessly chaotic and depressing time of the year. I breath a sigh of relief every January 2nd.

Mr Mojo Risin 19-12-2017 08:20 AM

I like Christmas and New Year itself, it is the incessant build up I can't stand. Adverts shoved in your face for the last few weeks, the amount of work that for no good reason has to be done by Christmas, the enforced jollity of work, the pointlessness of Secret Santa, the cold and the short days. I would be very happy if it wasn't mentioned until 24th and I was given the three days off between Christmas and New Year.

thefox 19-12-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 14002189)
Did you put the seat down?

No he has more respect for it than that.

pallet 19-12-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 14001954)
I ****in love Christmas.

Yes most people do and rightly so, guess its just different for people for different reason. I love seeing my children having a great time , being excited and of course hopefully being happy with what they get.
What I dont like is the pressure alot of families are under money wise, the pressure and strain my wife seems to endure every year with her family issues and I think deep down the sadness that my own mother passed far too early and never got to enjoy her grandchildren.
Anyway sorry to be a miserable git.

Maidstoned Eagle 19-12-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14001968)
Me as well

‘Kin ace

I think Coastal Eagle will say that if you weren't born in Bethlehem then you aren't allowed to like Christmas and you are a glory hunter.

the digger 19-12-2017 12:55 PM

Not being able to fully empty my bladder while sitting down for a shit.

Maidstoned Eagle 19-12-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14002588)
Not being able to fully empty my bladder while sitting down for a shit.

Could be worse, you could be emptying your bowels whilst standing up for a piss.