CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   IPhone/IPod Touch Application Recommendations (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177843)

James 25-11-2008 10:15 AM

IPhone/IPod Touch Application Recommendations

This thread is for Application recommendations.

Applications have been discussed on the other IPhone thread, but tend to get buried amidst all the other discussion - so this thread is exclusively for Application discussions.

Here is my top ten list:

My IPhone Application recommendations:

Essential

1. Airsharing

Allows you to connect your IPhone to your computer and view/modify contents of folders. Requires a WiFi connection.

2. Fring

Skype on the IPhone. Skype chat works anywhere (i.e. Edge or 3g), but Skype calls only work with WiFi. Nevertheless it's a must have application if you frequesntly use Skype (which I do with relatives abroad). Oh yes - it also enables msn chat etc.

3. WunderRadio

This turns your IPhone into a portable, fully functional, WiFi radio. OK, it doesn't work with 'Listen again' and it crashes occasionally, but this is one brilliant application. Most importantly, it works with all the BBC stations.

Would hate to be without ...

1. Labyrinth.

An absolutely amazing game - now featured on the IPhone adverts. Try the free 'lite' edition to see what I mean.

2. TV Plus.

If you have Sky, then you will appreciate this. You can look at the TV Listings for up to a week ahead - and send a remote record request to your Sky + box. Works perfectly.

3. iFooty

Set Crystal Palace as your Team, and you can receive live (and pretty immediate) text commentary on Palace games from the BBC - as well as latest news etc.

4. Facebook

If you have a Facebook account (and who doesn't these days) this is a very good application. You can do almost everything that you are able to do when logged in via your PC.

5. Trace

A free game (but for how much longer?) Very clever and highly challenging. Makes the best use of the 'touch' facility. Great fun.

6. Voice Notes

Use your IPhone as a voice recorder.

7. Hanoi

I love this application. It's the old game 'towers of Hanoi'. A free application that will keep you entertained for ages.

8. Stitcher

Personalised Audio - delivered. Choose from a long list of podcasts and listen to them when you are out and about.

9. Midomi

This will find tracks for you, if you are able to sing (or even hum) a few bars of the song you are looking for. Alternatively, you can type in words from the song. It seems to work very well - and when it finds the track you can order it from ITunes, or find it in YouTube (with a direct link)

10. WordWrap

A great (free) game. You have to find as many words as you can - including the hidden six letter word - from the six jumbled letters provided. You move on to the next round provided you have located the six letter word. This is supported by Adverts, but these are not too intrusive.

Gladys Allover 25-11-2008 10:16 AM

Recommend an iphone application!

Following on from the iphone user thread, perhaps we could put people's favourite applications here. I have already taken James's advice on the Wunderradio, good times!

James 25-11-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladys Allover
Following on from the iphone user thread, perhaps we could put people's favourite applications here. I have already taken James's advice on the Wunderradio, good times!

WunderRadio has just been updated (yesterday) - so it no longer occasionally drops the signal when the IPhone goes into 'sleep' mode.

Slough Eagle 25-11-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladys Allover
I have already taken James's advice on the Wunderradio, good times!

This app sounds great, how much is it?

James 25-11-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slough Eagle
This app sounds great, how much is it?

£3.49 from HERE.

Slough Eagle 25-11-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
£3.49 from HERE.

Cheers James.
Also whay has this novice done wrong as the price comes up as 43.00Kr:clown:
Also I know it simple but love playing connect four on the train in the mornings, the app is free and called "FourFree"

wickham_eagle 25-11-2008 10:50 AM

Myrail Lite

another must have application which is free and especially if you do a lot of commuting on the trains is gives you live departure boards for all stations in the uk and can also add stations to favourites and updates if trains delayed as well and even tells you what platform handy for london stations especially if your in a hurry to catch the train

Around Me

another handy allocation uses the location service mapping and basically gives you local information for everything you might need bars, restaurants etc etc

Movies

uses your currant location and lists whats on at your local cinema etc etc and can also save cinemas to a favourites folder

James 25-11-2008 10:52 AM

You might also try Dots Free - this is the old game I used to play as a boy, where you take turns in joining dots in order to 'win' boxes.

No idea why the price is coming up in another currency - if you have you settings right it should always display in sterling.

Slough Eagle 25-11-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

You might also try Dots Free - this is the old game I used to play as a boy, where you take turns in joining dots in order to 'win' boxes.

No idea why the price is coming up in another currency - if you have you settings right it should always display in sterling.

Yep, look at that game and will download later :p
I use my laptop at work for charging it up (which also has itunes on it, but I don't sync with it), so maybe something to do with it.

Neil 25-11-2008 11:03 AM

Good idea for a thread James. Any chance you could maintain the first post (category-specific) so people don't have to read through hundreds of pages if they want recommendations?

Dave 25-11-2008 11:07 AM

The problem is that what James thinks is essential others might think lame.

It would also be best to distinguish between paid and free.

I have to confess I only use two non bundled apps daily, live poker and last.fm

Spanish Dan 25-11-2008 11:11 AM

That sounds like a great selection of apps James, I'm going to have to buy a few of those I think. Up until now I've been installing free apps from the slightly murkier world of the jailbroken phone, however I think most of them are now available via the App Store, so I recommend:

iSolitaire (now called Top 3 I think) - a great game for when you're on the train or the toilet. Looks and plays really nicely.

Touchpad - a must-have for anyone with a media-PC attached to their TV. This app allows you to use your iphone as a remote control for your PC so you can browse and play your videos, music etc.

James 25-11-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave

It would also be best to distinguish between paid and free.

I have to confess I only use two non bundled apps daily, live poker and last.fm

I agree. I don't think a list at the beginning would help. You need to know why people have made a particular recommendation. Some will be right for you, others will be of no interest.

If we had an initial list, even split into categories, it would be no more helpful that going to the ITunes site and looking at the list there.

PalaceMonkey 25-11-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

</p>Indeed, I have no interest in his first two essential apps, and the radio one seems ok at best.

Neil 25-11-2008 11:24 AM

Just thinking of time. Not everyone studies these threads meticulously.

Fair enough though. Whatever you think is best.

Baloo 25-11-2008 03:08 PM

In addition to those mentioned, I like:

PocketGuitar - turns your phone into an electric guitar. Fairly difficult to squeeze the fingers between the frets when needing to press two adjacent strings on the same fret, hit-and-miss with bar chords and I haven't worked out how to move up the frets quickly, but otherwise excellent fun and great to show off; and

Concert Vault - huge collection of live music footage.

wickham_eagle 25-11-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baloo
In addition to those mentioned, I like:

PocketGuitar - turns your phone into an electric guitar. Fairly difficult to squeeze the fingers between the frets when needing to press two adjacent strings on the same fret, hit-and-miss with bar chords and I haven't worked out how to move up the frets quickly, but otherwise excellent fun and great to show off; and

try Tap Tap Revenge (free) a lot easier to play and you can download additional songs

budgie 25-11-2008 03:20 PM

Touch Hockey is another free one which is fun

James 25-11-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budgie
Touch Hockey is another free one which is fun

It's OK - but it loses it's appeal after a couple of games.

wickham_eagle 25-11-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

It's OK - but it loses it's appeal after a couple of games.

same as the Bowling game not to mention the amount of times its nearly slipped out my hand as you slide the phone forward to bowl :D

PalaceMonkey 25-11-2008 05:45 PM

game called Virus, which is quite fun.

Neil 25-11-2008 05:52 PM

The games they show on the advert look mainly lame. There must be some 'hidden gems' out there?

wickham_eagle 25-11-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
The games they show on the advert look mainly lame. There must be some 'hidden gems' out there?

crash bandicoot racing looks pretty good but bit steep at £5.99

Dave 25-11-2008 06:57 PM

I'm not fussed on the games

David Amsalem 25-11-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickham_eagle
crash bandicoot racing looks pretty good but bit steep at £5.99

Think it's £3.49 now.

Haven't got it mind you but have come close on a few occasions.

Baloo 26-11-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

try Tap Tap Revenge (free) a lot easier to play and you can download additional songs

Downloaded this. Sorry, but I don't get it. It's just like one of those dancing machines in the arcades. Hit the string as the spot reaches the bottom. Nothing to do with guitar playing at all.

I repeat my recommendation for PocketGuitar.

Isle of Wight 29-11-2008 12:44 AM

Only 17 mins to go but the app store is having a sale with loads for .59p including nanosaur, flick fishing, enigmo (brilliant), moto chaser and cromag rally.

jams1234 01-12-2008 08:48 PM

Yeah, the sale was all pangea software games.

Some of my favourite apps are:

Bubble Bay-Quite fun when you have a couple of spare minutes.

Knots-A bit like twister with your fingers.

Air Hockey-The paid one is very good- can play 2 player, I think wifi and 1 or 2 pucks.

ESPN Cameraman-Again a very fun one when a couple of minutes of spare time is around.

iPint-Nice

Lightsaber-Sound effects quite real and good for having fun, esp. when up against another iphone.

GTSWR-Fun racing with intersting 'pedal' control

Translator-Fairly accurate

Audi A4-At first I thought this was crap but have grown to like it.

Crash Kart-Very good with story and tournament mode, once completed fairly repetitive though.

Cro-Mag- Very good driving game but shame there's no championshiop/story mode.

Trace-As James said, very fun and challenging

Tunnel-Fairly hard to keep going for ages, but fun.

MotoChaser-Brilliant driving game but I can't get past 2nd level(I'm a crap driver)

iBaseball, iBowl, iThrown, iGolf, iBasketball-Very fun games(don't drop the phone though-very easy)

FourFree-Again, a pick-up and go game.

iFooty-Very helpful app

Mazefinger-Good idea and executed well

BubbleWrap-Another pick-up and go game.

Last.fm-Very wide range of music

Around Me- Nice, helpful app

Lightning Tap-Reasonably fun one, after a couple of goes gets repetitive

BiiBall-A bit like Monkeyball, but in my opinion better.

Zippo Lighter-Very realistic

Banner Free- Again, looks quite realistic

Worder-Puzzle game which takes a lot of brain cells

Labyrinth-As James said, very fun app and can create own levels

Subway-Very challening but entertaining puzzle game.

Cube Runner- A bit like tunnel, but better.

iBall3D-Labyrinth, but 3D

Bix-Fun game that can keep you entertained for hours

Powerboat- I really like this game, one of my favoutite apps.

Tap Tap Revenge- Probably one of the best free apps.

Toobz- Very challening puzzle game.

Ducky Derby-Very enjoyable game requiring some skill

WiFinder-Finds a wifi location wherever you are

Bugdom 2- Very enjoyable game that has many levels.

Guitar Tour-Brilliant.

Asphalt 4- Best racing game on iPhone.

Dave 01-12-2008 08:51 PM

JOOST!

jams1234 01-12-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

JOOST!

:confused:

Dave 01-12-2008 09:21 PM

It's like YouTube for the iPhone but it has full episodes of stuff like peep show

jams1234 01-12-2008 09:27 PM

Okay, thanks.

Isle of Wight 02-12-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

JOOST!

Best one so far Cheers Dave

James 02-12-2008 05:15 PM

Joost is great - thanks Dave!

Stavros 69 04-12-2008 01:53 PM

Live poker kept me sane waiting 3 hours in hospital.

Thanks iphone.

:afro:

Slough Eagle 04-12-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

JOOST!

Quality, cheers Dave :p

AndyStreet 05-12-2008 11:42 AM

BeatMaker is amazing. Version 1.3 makes it as good as some desktop apps that cost five times what it does. :love:

Stavros 69 05-12-2008 01:15 PM

Joost is great.

Thanks iphone and uncle Dave

Blind_Eagle 06-12-2008 02:47 PM

All Joost up down here as well. Thanks for the heads up Dave.

jams1234 06-12-2008 02:54 PM

Dave, Joost is great but is there not a better version already...youtube?

Dave 06-12-2008 02:56 PM

Youtube doesn't have full episodes of tv series.

Youtube is essentially full of junk user content.

Hulu is the daddy, hopefully we will have that soon...

Highbury Eagle 08-12-2008 05:31 PM

Brought an Iphone on Saturday and i am in :love: Have downloaded some of the apps mentioned here. Here's some which aren't mentioned;

Cube Runner - free to download and quite addictive
Spawn - £1.19 i think it was. Pointless but fun
Tubestatus - free
Apple remote - free to download. Enables you to control your Itunes on your computer.

Neil 08-12-2008 05:37 PM

Anyone tried Fieldrunners?

richdeniro 08-12-2008 09:41 PM

Here's some free ones I've been playing about with...

Cooliris - Cooler way to view images from things like google images. (Firefox users might be familiar).

Shakespeare - If you want to carry the entire works of William Shakespeare around with you.

iEphemeris Lite - If your into Space type stuff then this will give you the current status of the lunar cycle and tell you how far away the Moon is from Earth.

Telegraph, NY Times, Bloomberg - News if you're into that sort of thing.

Tubestatus - What it says on the tin.

Traffic Info - What it says on the tin.

Currency - Currency Converter.

Units - Units Converter.

Mini Piano - A mini piano.

richdeniro 09-12-2008 01:34 AM

Few more I found tonight...

Stanza - Huge selection of free ebooks to d/load to the phone.

Where - A bit like 'Around Me' but gives locations of things like Starbucks and also the nightsky star constellations of where you are.

Mocha VNC Lite - Takes a bit of setting up but lets you connect to your computer remotely.

Starmap - This one costs £6.99 but if your a bit of a space geek then it is a must!

James 09-12-2008 02:56 PM

Just a quick thumbs up for Bix Lite (a game mentioned by jams1234 in this thread). It's free - and a fairly addictive little game. Recommended.

jams1234 10-12-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Just a quick thumbs up for Bix Lite (a game mentioned by jams1234 in this thread). It's free - and a fairly addictive little game. Recommended.

Yep. Has anyone tried the full version? I'm thinking of getting it but don't know if it would offer anymore than the lite.

James 10-12-2008 07:42 PM

I would be interested. I have completed the six levels on the lite version and I don't think I would pay for just a little bit more of the same - so is there anything else in the full version worth getting?

Isle of Wight 11-12-2008 11:54 PM

Easywriter (free)

Allows you to create an email in landscape so that they keyboard is bigger and less prone to wrong characters.

Balance (free)

lets you see how much money you have left.

Ifooty ( already mentioned)

MyrailLite

Local rail arrivals and departures

wickham_eagle 12-12-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight

MyrailLite

Best Application i have downloaded is a god send for the daily commute to work a must have for anybody who works in the city

Norm 12-12-2008 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
Anyone tried Fieldrunners?

HI Neil try Tapdefence Similar but free Very addictive a battery basher

richdeniro 13-12-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Best Application i have downloaded is a god send for the daily commute to work a must have for anybody who works in the city

I've even noticed that it tells you what platform your train is going to depart from before it is even put up at the station.

Slough Eagle 13-12-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Agreed 100 % :p

wickham_eagle 13-12-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slough Eagle
Agreed 100 % :p

and amazingly its free :D :p

wickham_eagle 13-12-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro
I've even noticed that it tells you what platform your train is going to depart from before it is even put up at the station.

yeh makes it even better handy if you have to rush to the station last thing you wanna do is get there and fartarse about looking for the platform :D

Stavros 69 13-12-2008 11:36 PM

Is their one for bus times ??

wickham_eagle 13-12-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69
Is their one for bus times ??

not that i can see on there

Tomo 13-12-2008 11:49 PM

Is there one to send pictures at picture messages as opposed to email and to use camera as a video?

James 14-12-2008 01:54 AM

Has anyone mentioned Touch Physics?

It's fast becoming my favourite game for the IPhone.

sydney eagle 14-12-2008 02:18 AM

My fave two are
shazam- if you hear a song on the radio/tele and you want to know who it is you press "tag" on the phone and hold it near the TV/radio speaker for ten seconds,It then vibrates,you flip it over and all the details about said song are on the phone. Works every time

my football- live up to date scores and tables from all leagues around the world

wickham_eagle 16-12-2008 10:13 AM

Downloaded two games last night Monkey Ball looks a wicked game but is so frustrating as it's so sensative slightest turn and yur off the track unless you have very steady hands to control this game AVOID also downloaded crash team racing very good game havn't stopped playing it so far a lot easier to control then Monkey Ball but as you carn't see much further ahead when racing makes it a good challenge and long playability

Wardy91 17-12-2008 05:45 PM

Iphone applications

I downloaded virtual pool for £0.59 from the itunes store, and i have to say it is the best app i have downloaded for the iphone so far. i would recommend it to anyone

James 17-12-2008 06:10 PM

Another free game that will keep you amused for a few minutes is Topple.

Wardy91 17-12-2008 06:15 PM

also tap tap revenge is a qaulity game

Conger 17-12-2008 07:12 PM

My kids love Star Wars FX, which has a load of sound effects from the films.

And I really like the Monopoly game - £4.99, but I can waste hours on it.

Conger 17-12-2008 07:16 PM

Also Night Stand - the best 'bed-side clock' app I think - couple that with one of those simple charging docks that you can get from the O2 shops, like they use to display them standing up on the shop floor, and I charge my phone up overnight while having a new clock by my bed.

Isle of Wight 17-12-2008 07:17 PM

Is there any way you can "give" a game you have bought away? I bought a couple of games, never play them but a mate wants to have a play. Normally I would just give him the disk. What if you have two Iphones on one Mac/PC how does it work then?

James 17-12-2008 07:24 PM

You can 'share' games with as many people as you wish, provided you use the same ITunes account on each.

I gave my son an IPod touch for his birthday in November - and was able to load all the applications that I had already paid for onto his machine.

Baloo 19-12-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Another free game that will keep you amused for a few minutes is Topple.

Cheers - like it!

Swanny32 20-12-2008 12:10 AM

Im addicted to Topple at the moment, very enjoyable and free!

James 21-12-2008 10:35 AM

Attention all IPhone/Touch users!

You will absolutely LOVE this one - and it's completely free.

Fstream is a new Radio Application - which receives all the BBS Stations, as well as Shoutcast Stations etc - and get this - allows you to record them on the fly as well.

The downside is that you have to add the BBC Stations manually (Click on 'Favorites' (sic) then Edit then 'Add new webradio'). The BBC urls are as follows:

* BBC Radio 1 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r1.asx)
* BBC Radio 1xtra (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r1x.asx)
* BBC Radio 2 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r2.asx)
* BBC Radio 3 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3.asx
* BBC Radio 4 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r4.asx)
* BBC Radio 4 Long Wave (LW) (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r4lw.asx)
* BBC Radio 5 Live (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r5l.asx)
* BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r5lsp.asx)
* BBC Radio 6 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r6.asx)
* BBC Radio 7 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r7.asx)
* BBC Radio World Service (http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/me...neuk_au_nb.asx)
* BBC Asian Network (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/ran.asx)

No need to fill in the Format or the Bitrate fields.

When you have the stream running, select 'Record' from the bottom list and 'Start New recording'

It's brilliant - and I am sure worth loads of Reputation points.

prs100 21-12-2008 02:20 PM

That does look really good.

Random* 23-12-2008 12:51 AM

MyRail Lite is still on the store, but you can't download it. Hope it's only temporary.

Niceaction 23-12-2008 11:14 AM

it has gone from the site completely now.

Random* 23-12-2008 11:32 AM

hope it comes back, even if I have to pay a couple of quid for it.

MatthewT 23-12-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Fstream is a new Radio Application - which receives all the BBS Stations, as well as Shoutcast Stations etc - and get this - allows you to record them on the fly as well.

The downside is that you have to add the BBC Stations manually (Click on 'Favorites' (sic) then Edit then 'Add new webradio'). The BBC urls are as follows:

* BBC Radio 1 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r1.asx)
* BBC Radio 1xtra (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r1x.asx)
* BBC Radio 2 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r2.asx)
* BBC Radio 3 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3.asx
* BBC Radio 4 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r4.asx)
* BBC Radio 4 Long Wave (LW) (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r4lw.asx)
* BBC Radio 5 Live (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r5l.asx)
* BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r5lsp.asx)
* BBC Radio 6 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r6.asx)
* BBC Radio 7 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r7.asx)
* BBC Radio World Service (http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/me...neuk_au_nb.asx)
* BBC Asian Network (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/ran.asx)

No need to fill in the Format or the Bitrate fields.

When you have the stream running, select 'Record' from the bottom list and 'Start New recording'

It's brilliant - and I am sure worth loads of Reputation points.

Looks cool. Is that using the 3g to pick up the stations?

James 23-12-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewT
Looks cool. Is that using the 3g to pick up the stations?

Yes - works fine over 3g (and indeed an Edge connection).

Baloo 23-12-2008 05:01 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but how does fstream differ from WunderRadio (other than the ability to record)? I have had some connection issues with WunderRadio, so is fstream more reliable?

Highbury Eagle 23-12-2008 05:03 PM

fstream is back on the site now

richdeniro 24-12-2008 01:48 AM

Is there a site where I can find all the .asx addresses?

Would like to add 94.9 Radio London to my phone if poss.

Random* 24-12-2008 03:19 AM

www.radiofeeds.co.uk

James 24-12-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baloo
Pardon my ignorance, but how does fstream differ from WunderRadio (other than the ability to record)? I have had some connection issues with WunderRadio, so is fstream more reliable?

I haven't found WunderRadio unstable since the last update - but fstream seems just as good.

The difference are: 1) Fstream has the ability to record; 2) Fstream is free; 3) You have to add many stations (including the BBS stations) manually in Fstream.

There are other minor differences - for example, WunderRadio gives you more details of the station you are connected to on the screen display.

ROCK'N'ROLL 24-12-2008 05:08 PM

Does anyone find that the "Wine Enthusiast Guide" picture logo resembles more of a tranny with a sunburnt belly? Or is it just me.

Conger 24-12-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCK'N'ROLL
Does anyone find that the "Wine Enthusiast Guide" picture logo resembles more of a tranny with a sunburnt belly? Or is it just me.

Its not just you - I did a double take when I saw it

GodstoneEagle 27-12-2008 08:42 PM

Latest Reccomendations

Ok chaps, I have been given some iTunes vouchers and as I 'nick' most of my moozik I will probably spend the money on some apps for my iPhone, I've downloaded plenty of free ones but never paid for one. Also my phone is not jailbroken so what would you advise getting?

jams1234 28-12-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Ok chaps, I have been given some iTunes vouchers and as I 'nick' most of my moozik I will probably spend the money on some apps for my iPhone, I've downloaded plenty of free ones but never paid for one. Also my phone is not jailbroken so what would you advise getting?

The apps listed in the thread.

Baloo 29-12-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCK'N'ROLL

Does that app work on the 3G then? The only review of the app suggests there are problems. It looks like a handy app (even at £5.99), but I'd like to see some more reviews of it first...

wickham_eagle 30-12-2008 08:52 AM

Recently bought Monoply for the Iphone and is a good buy if you like the game and updated to buy cities around the world and good all round graphics

oz_da II 30-12-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Anyone else struggling to connect to the BBC radio stations now?
I had no problems for the first three days but now I can't get a successful connection, no problems with any other stations, just the BBC.

James 30-12-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Anyone else struggling to connect to the BBC radio stations now?
I had no problems for the first three days but now I can't get a successful connection, no problems with any other stations, just the BBC.

No problems here - I am listening to Radio 4 on FStream now.

oz_da II 30-12-2008 12:34 PM

Strange, I only want 5 and 6.

Wouldn't be some bollocks about being overseas? But like I said no problems listening for the first few days... Tries to connect for 5 seconds then it disconnects.

GodstoneEagle 30-12-2008 12:36 PM

Crash Bandicoot is exceptional

wickham_eagle 30-12-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Crash Bandicoot is exceptional

agree had this for a while now and have now got used to the controls a brillant game for the Iphone

GodstoneEagle 30-12-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

agree had this for a while now and have now got used to the controls a brillant game for the Iphone

you'd pay a hundred quid for a Nintendo DS, twenty quid for a game and it still wouldn't be as good as this. Got super monkey ball also

wickham_eagle 30-12-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

you'd pay a hundred quid for a Nintendo DS, twenty quid for a game and it still wouldn't be as good as this. Got super monkey ball also

got super Monkey Ball as well but i'm struggling with this is to sensative for my cack handed-ness slightest turn and i'm off the screen :D

Random* 31-12-2008 11:18 PM

I think you haven't played much on the DS then.

ollie_porter 01-01-2009 01:47 PM

Right, only got my ipod touch yesterday (obviously cant get full benifits of apps as on the iphone)
I'm probably being stupidly thick but how do you 'delete' icons from the main screen or uninstall applications completely?
Thanks

oz_da II 01-01-2009 01:51 PM

Open up iTunes
Delete the unneeded application in "Applications"
Sync your iPod

NO1FAN 01-01-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie_porter
Right, only got my ipod touch yesterday (obviously cant get full benifits of apps as on the iphone)
I'm probably being stupidly thick but how do you 'delete' icons from the main screen or uninstall applications completely?
Thanks

Push down on the screen until the icons start to wobbly then hit the x

ollie_porter 01-01-2009 02:37 PM

Fantastic, thanks very much :)
One other thing- Do any of you lot know of any good cases/covers for the ipod touch/phone which also protects the screen? I cant never tell with descriptions which protect the screen and which dont
Thanks again :)