CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   IPhone/IPod Touch Application Recommendations (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177843)

Dave 06-12-2008 02:56 PM

Youtube doesn't have full episodes of tv series.

Youtube is essentially full of junk user content.

Hulu is the daddy, hopefully we will have that soon...

Highbury Eagle 08-12-2008 05:31 PM

Brought an Iphone on Saturday and i am in :love: Have downloaded some of the apps mentioned here. Here's some which aren't mentioned;

Cube Runner - free to download and quite addictive
Spawn - £1.19 i think it was. Pointless but fun
Tubestatus - free
Apple remote - free to download. Enables you to control your Itunes on your computer.

Neil 08-12-2008 05:37 PM

Anyone tried Fieldrunners?

richdeniro 08-12-2008 09:41 PM

Here's some free ones I've been playing about with...

Cooliris - Cooler way to view images from things like google images. (Firefox users might be familiar).

Shakespeare - If you want to carry the entire works of William Shakespeare around with you.

iEphemeris Lite - If your into Space type stuff then this will give you the current status of the lunar cycle and tell you how far away the Moon is from Earth.

Telegraph, NY Times, Bloomberg - News if you're into that sort of thing.

Tubestatus - What it says on the tin.

Traffic Info - What it says on the tin.

Currency - Currency Converter.

Units - Units Converter.

Mini Piano - A mini piano.

richdeniro 09-12-2008 01:34 AM

Few more I found tonight...

Stanza - Huge selection of free ebooks to d/load to the phone.

Where - A bit like 'Around Me' but gives locations of things like Starbucks and also the nightsky star constellations of where you are.

Mocha VNC Lite - Takes a bit of setting up but lets you connect to your computer remotely.

Starmap - This one costs £6.99 but if your a bit of a space geek then it is a must!

James 09-12-2008 02:56 PM

Just a quick thumbs up for Bix Lite (a game mentioned by jams1234 in this thread). It's free - and a fairly addictive little game. Recommended.

jams1234 10-12-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
Just a quick thumbs up for Bix Lite (a game mentioned by jams1234 in this thread). It's free - and a fairly addictive little game. Recommended.

Yep. Has anyone tried the full version? I'm thinking of getting it but don't know if it would offer anymore than the lite.

James 10-12-2008 07:42 PM

I would be interested. I have completed the six levels on the lite version and I don't think I would pay for just a little bit more of the same - so is there anything else in the full version worth getting?

Isle of Wight 11-12-2008 11:54 PM

Easywriter (free)

Allows you to create an email in landscape so that they keyboard is bigger and less prone to wrong characters.

Balance (free)

lets you see how much money you have left.

Ifooty ( already mentioned)

MyrailLite

Local rail arrivals and departures

wickham_eagle 12-12-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight

MyrailLite

Best Application i have downloaded is a god send for the daily commute to work a must have for anybody who works in the city

Norm 12-12-2008 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
Anyone tried Fieldrunners?

HI Neil try Tapdefence Similar but free Very addictive a battery basher

richdeniro 13-12-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickham_eagle
Best Application i have downloaded is a god send for the daily commute to work a must have for anybody who works in the city

I've even noticed that it tells you what platform your train is going to depart from before it is even put up at the station.

Slough Eagle 13-12-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickham_eagle

Agreed 100 % :p

wickham_eagle 13-12-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slough Eagle
Agreed 100 % :p

and amazingly its free :D :p

wickham_eagle 13-12-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro
I've even noticed that it tells you what platform your train is going to depart from before it is even put up at the station.

yeh makes it even better handy if you have to rush to the station last thing you wanna do is get there and fartarse about looking for the platform :D

Stavros 69 13-12-2008 11:36 PM

Is their one for bus times ??

wickham_eagle 13-12-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69
Is their one for bus times ??

not that i can see on there

Tomo 13-12-2008 11:49 PM

Is there one to send pictures at picture messages as opposed to email and to use camera as a video?

James 14-12-2008 01:54 AM

Has anyone mentioned Touch Physics?

It's fast becoming my favourite game for the IPhone.

sydney eagle 14-12-2008 02:18 AM

My fave two are
shazam- if you hear a song on the radio/tele and you want to know who it is you press "tag" on the phone and hold it near the TV/radio speaker for ten seconds,It then vibrates,you flip it over and all the details about said song are on the phone. Works every time

my football- live up to date scores and tables from all leagues around the world