CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   IPhone/IPod Touch Application Recommendations (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177843)

Random* 24-12-2008 03:19 AM

www.radiofeeds.co.uk

James 24-12-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baloo
Pardon my ignorance, but how does fstream differ from WunderRadio (other than the ability to record)? I have had some connection issues with WunderRadio, so is fstream more reliable?

I haven't found WunderRadio unstable since the last update - but fstream seems just as good.

The difference are: 1) Fstream has the ability to record; 2) Fstream is free; 3) You have to add many stations (including the BBS stations) manually in Fstream.

There are other minor differences - for example, WunderRadio gives you more details of the station you are connected to on the screen display.

ROCK'N'ROLL 24-12-2008 05:08 PM

Does anyone find that the "Wine Enthusiast Guide" picture logo resembles more of a tranny with a sunburnt belly? Or is it just me.

Conger 24-12-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCK'N'ROLL
Does anyone find that the "Wine Enthusiast Guide" picture logo resembles more of a tranny with a sunburnt belly? Or is it just me.

Its not just you - I did a double take when I saw it

GodstoneEagle 27-12-2008 08:42 PM

Latest Reccomendations

Ok chaps, I have been given some iTunes vouchers and as I 'nick' most of my moozik I will probably spend the money on some apps for my iPhone, I've downloaded plenty of free ones but never paid for one. Also my phone is not jailbroken so what would you advise getting?

jams1234 28-12-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Ok chaps, I have been given some iTunes vouchers and as I 'nick' most of my moozik I will probably spend the money on some apps for my iPhone, I've downloaded plenty of free ones but never paid for one. Also my phone is not jailbroken so what would you advise getting?

The apps listed in the thread.

Baloo 29-12-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCK'N'ROLL

Does that app work on the 3G then? The only review of the app suggests there are problems. It looks like a handy app (even at £5.99), but I'd like to see some more reviews of it first...

wickham_eagle 30-12-2008 08:52 AM

Recently bought Monoply for the Iphone and is a good buy if you like the game and updated to buy cities around the world and good all round graphics

oz_da II 30-12-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
Attention all IPhone/Touch users!

You will absolutely LOVE this one - and it's completely free.

Fstream is a new Radio Application - which receives all the BBS Stations, as well as Shoutcast Stations etc - and get this - allows you to record them on the fly as well.

The downside is that you have to add the BBC Stations manually (Click on 'Favorites' (sic) then Edit then 'Add new webradio'). The BBC urls are as follows:

Anyone else struggling to connect to the BBC radio stations now?
I had no problems for the first three days but now I can't get a successful connection, no problems with any other stations, just the BBC.

James 30-12-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Anyone else struggling to connect to the BBC radio stations now?
I had no problems for the first three days but now I can't get a successful connection, no problems with any other stations, just the BBC.

No problems here - I am listening to Radio 4 on FStream now.

oz_da II 30-12-2008 12:34 PM

Strange, I only want 5 and 6.

Wouldn't be some bollocks about being overseas? But like I said no problems listening for the first few days... Tries to connect for 5 seconds then it disconnects.

GodstoneEagle 30-12-2008 12:36 PM

Crash Bandicoot is exceptional

wickham_eagle 30-12-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Crash Bandicoot is exceptional

agree had this for a while now and have now got used to the controls a brillant game for the Iphone

GodstoneEagle 30-12-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickham_eagle
agree had this for a while now and have now got used to the controls a brillant game for the Iphone

you'd pay a hundred quid for a Nintendo DS, twenty quid for a game and it still wouldn't be as good as this. Got super monkey ball also

wickham_eagle 30-12-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

you'd pay a hundred quid for a Nintendo DS, twenty quid for a game and it still wouldn't be as good as this. Got super monkey ball also

got super Monkey Ball as well but i'm struggling with this is to sensative for my cack handed-ness slightest turn and i'm off the screen :D

Random* 31-12-2008 11:18 PM

I think you haven't played much on the DS then.

ollie_porter 01-01-2009 01:47 PM

Right, only got my ipod touch yesterday (obviously cant get full benifits of apps as on the iphone)
I'm probably being stupidly thick but how do you 'delete' icons from the main screen or uninstall applications completely?
Thanks

oz_da II 01-01-2009 01:51 PM

Open up iTunes
Delete the unneeded application in "Applications"
Sync your iPod

NO1FAN 01-01-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie_porter
Right, only got my ipod touch yesterday (obviously cant get full benifits of apps as on the iphone)
I'm probably being stupidly thick but how do you 'delete' icons from the main screen or uninstall applications completely?
Thanks

Push down on the screen until the icons start to wobbly then hit the x

ollie_porter 01-01-2009 02:37 PM

Fantastic, thanks very much :)
One other thing- Do any of you lot know of any good cases/covers for the ipod touch/phone which also protects the screen? I cant never tell with descriptions which protect the screen and which dont
Thanks again :)