CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   IPhone/IPod Touch Application Recommendations (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177843)

Leeds Eagle 26-02-2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jolly
Right i have jail broken my phone 4 times now and it has failed after varrying ammounts of time now it wont work at all i am getting fed up of having to do full syten restores on it i will give up unless anyone has any good ideas ?

buy an unlocked one.
not sure theyre available in the uk actually? they are here in hongkers if that's any help :lux:

richdeniro 27-02-2009 10:00 AM

For Jailbroken Phones:

NES, SNES, Megadrive & PSX Emulators are quality. (You'll also need to download a program called OpenSSH).

Adblock - anyone familiar with Firefox will know.

Clippy - allows copy/paste.

Cycorder - records video.

Emoji - Smiley pack for text messages.

Quickgold - Finds anything on your iphone through a search facility, lets you launch apps quicker as well.

SBSettings - Quick access to turn things like bluetooth and wifi on/off.

Status Notifier - Notifications for e-mail, sms, etc in the status bar.

Talk Me - Will read out text messages for you.

James 28-02-2009 09:12 PM

My new favourite game is the highly addictive puzzle game BLOCKED.

At 59p it's a steal.

I have worked my way to level 50 - but it's now getting very tough.

The game involves sliding blocks, to release a blue block in the middle. Some of the levels seem impossible at first sight, and it is very satisfying when you discover the solution.

Ridcully 28-02-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
My new favourite game is the highly addictive puzzle game BLOCKED.

At 59p it's a steal.

I have worked my way to level 50 - but it's now getting very tough.

The game involves sliding blocks, to release a blue block in the middle. Some of the levels seem impossible at first sight, and it is very satisfying when you discover the solution.

James, off topic on this thread but get Braid on your 360 from Xbox Live. Its only cheap at the moment its a platformer and it has some real cerebal teases. Blocks, sounds good, I'm gonna give it a go.

Ridcully 01-03-2009 11:01 PM

bought blocked an hour ago, can't put it down. Thanks James best game I've played on it so far, completely recommended here too.

James 02-03-2009 10:53 PM

... trouble is, I have nearly finished it. I am on level 96!

James 05-03-2009 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Level 100 had me baffled for a while - but I finally cracked it (see attached).

So - what's next iPhone people?

jonesy101 05-03-2009 11:00 PM

Tiki Towers is a good game for 59p! Can get the lite version for free to try it out.

jonesy101 08-03-2009 03:57 PM

Bought blocked last night, very good for 59p :p

James 14-03-2009 09:47 AM

For those who have installed the full version of Labyrinth (in my view still the best game in the ITunes armoury) - there are a lot more levels available, including a couple I have submitted (designed mainly by my Son).

Start the game, press 'play' and then the + sign (top right). It's the two Mitchell Family Packs that are our contribution.

Obviously any flattering comments on those levels would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin T 14-03-2009 03:37 PM

Just finished the lite levels so I'll give it a go now

Kevin T 14-03-2009 03:48 PM

Your son is a masochist.

montstar 16-03-2009 02:07 PM

hey james and others if you like strategy type games you may enjoy enigmo! £1.79 though

Getting stuck on blocked around about level 50 though

Kevin T 20-03-2009 08:44 AM

I've been stuck on level 6 of the first Mitchell pack for a week now. It's driving me MENTAL

Kevin T 22-03-2009 09:08 AM

Ok - finished Mitchell Pack v1

On to pack 2

Highbury Eagle 22-03-2009 11:31 AM

Girlfriend tracker looks interesting!

Niceaction 29-03-2009 03:27 AM

Flight Control is a brilliant game where you are a flight control agent landing planes.

Also, National Rail have put a timetable up for £5. It's quite steep for an app, but it is very good.

thehound 29-03-2009 11:27 AM

Just on recommendations from here i have bought:
Blocked
Flight Control
Mafia Live

Will try them out and report back.

humpo 29-03-2009 11:39 AM

i have a few apps on my touch that are fantastic

Beatmaker - its £11.99 but it bring hours of entertainment creating your own tracks. its like reason in your pocket
http://www.intua.net/products.html

Technobox - its a and tr 808 and a tb 303 in your pocket

Measures - will convert anything

Wunder raidio - best radio app i can find

wickham_eagle 29-03-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
It's no help to you, I know, but I am so glad I grabbed myrail lite when it was still available. It's still working - it was invaluable a couple of days ago when I needed to be in London for a meeting, and was running late. I thought I had missed the 9:00am train - but myrail showed that it had been delayed by 10 minutes, so I dashed to the platform and just caught it. I wouldn't have bothered without this information and would have had to wait 45 minutes for the next train.

I hope that myrail comes back in some form for those who haven't got it.

as of Tuesday this application will not work any more due to not being able to get approval from National Rail to show train times so look like purchasing the official National Rail application £4.99