CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   User Help and Suggestions (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   BBS maintenance and downtime (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283707)

Olympian2 28-03-2021 02:08 PM

Great work guys, many thanks

Hedgehog 28-03-2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieEdwards (Post 15720023)
Unfortunately we encountered a number of unexpected issues after completing the move to the new platform last night. We tried to work through these but it became clear that we weren't going to be able to get everything sorted quickly so we have reverted to the old host. The few posts made after the move have been lost.

We're continuing the analysis of the problems and we'll re-plan the work for another time. Thanks for your understanding.

Totally understandable, and makes me feel better... I thought I was having a technical break down, and a personal memory failure... a couple of posts post upgrade went missing - thought I was dreaming I posted them.

Plus a password re-set that was not working... today it likes my old (and original) password.

Thanks for all you are doing. It's got to be frustrating.

ExiledStirling 28-03-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15720122)

Thankfully no one will be any the wiser about ExiledStirling's evening with a cucumber, handcuffs and a rather amorous goat called Gerald.

Well that is a load of bollocks...

It is a Yak called Humphrey. Also I lost my handcuffs a while back.

Maidstoned Eagle 28-03-2021 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15720427)
Well that is a load of bollocks...

It is a Yak called Humphrey. Also I lost my handcuffs a while back.

Oh, they're yours....I wondered why my llama was wearing them.

Maidstoned Eagle 28-03-2021 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15720127)
Only an hour?

I was being kind.

JJ 28-03-2021 11:13 PM

I was locked out for a day or so. It signed me out / wouldn't let me log in using the correct password, and told me (on the first attempt) that I'd "exhausted the quota" of attempts so was locked out for 15 minutes. I requested a new password, got that, but then got the same message and still couldn't get in. Cleared the cache and all that crap too. But now today I'm back in and using the old password which still works. Thanks to those that have fixed it!

Hedgehog 29-03-2021 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 15720907)
I was locked out for a day or so. It signed me out / wouldn't let me log in using the correct password, and told me (on the first attempt) that I'd "exhausted the quota" of attempts so was locked out for 15 minutes. I requested a new password, got that, but then got the same message and still couldn't get in. Cleared the cache and all that crap too. But now today I'm back in and using the old password which still works. Thanks to those that have fixed it!

Ditto... see my post #62 above.

I suspect only us around in the night (UK time) tripped up on this.

Louis 29-03-2021 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15720060)
:D

(re. me thinking it's faster)

OK, I didn't see Eddie's post about reverting to the old host ;)

Actually it still seems faster than before for some reason. Could be other factors I suppose.

Brummie Allan 29-03-2021 06:46 AM

From what I've experienced and some of you that got logged out and unable to get back in, I suggest when we try again to move servers, which may be this week, that we all assume that we know our login details and they won't change on the new server so don't request a new password just wait until your current one works.

N Herts Eagle 29-03-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brummie Allan (Post 15720979)
From what I've experienced and some of you that got logged out and unable to get back in, I suggest when we try again to move servers, which may be this week, that we all assume that we know our login details and they won't change on the new server so don't request a new password just wait until your current one works.

The thing it taught me is my original Email when signing up i have no idea. Certainly not my current one. Anyway of changing it..

Adlerhorst 29-03-2021 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle (Post 15721015)
The thing it taught me is my original Email when signing up i have no idea. Certainly not my current one. Anyway of changing it..

Yes.

Go to user control panel. About halfway down on the left is “edit email and password”

N Herts Eagle 29-03-2021 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 15721025)
Yes.

Go to user control panel. About halfway down on the left is “edit email and password”

Thank You...

EddieEdwards 29-03-2021 08:53 AM

The reasons for the lockouts are known and this should not happen again next time. However, everyone will need to log back in after the move so you are all advised to ensure that you know your password and that the email address on your account is up to date.

Maidstoned Eagle 29-03-2021 01:38 PM

I would like to offer my services to all concerned for this update, you may do with me what you wish for 30 minutes.

Martin H 29-03-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieEdwards (Post 15721060)
The reasons for the lockouts are known and this should not happen again next time. However, everyone will need to log back in after the move so you are all advised to ensure that you know your password and that the email address on your account is up to date.

I know my email address is correct because I got a recent email notification but before realising that while looking around I couldn’t actually see anywhere to change my email address. Just flagging it in case it impacts others. Maybe I am missing something, it wouldn’t be the first time :(

EDIT -scratch that- its in the 'edit your details section' - who would have thought huh :) must be blind.... -I went to my profile bit and hadn't realised it was in the main user cp bit' soz

Hedgehog 29-03-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brummie Allan (Post 15720979)

Good advice Al... I leaned my lesson!

Adlerhorst 29-03-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieEdwards (Post 15721060)

We ought to put that out as an announcement. Otherwise only people in here will read it!

EddieEdwards 29-03-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 15721343)
We ought to put that out as an announcement. Otherwise only people in here will read it!

Yes, good idea. We can include that info in the announcement this time.

EddieEdwards 30-03-2021 11:20 AM

The move is now re-planned for Friday 2nd April starting at 7am BST. Downtime is expected to be for 1-2 hours.

Maz 30-03-2021 11:26 AM

Big shout out for Eddie !