CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Football (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Win the champions league w/ the team you support or win the world cup w/ your country (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283780)

Shifty97 07-04-2021 03:58 PM

Win the champions league w/ the team you support or win the world cup w/ your country
 
I would want to win the Champions League with the club that I support

CP-RJW 07-04-2021 04:01 PM

I’d take Palace reaching the Europa league round of 16 over England winning the World Cup, let alone winning the champions league :D A couple of away days in Eastern Europe is all I want.

Adlerhorst 07-04-2021 04:16 PM

I’d take palace winning the intertoto cup over England winning anything

Hell, qualifying because we were the only English team that applied and played a load of trialists against a random Turkish team that sounded like a cheap electrical goods manufacturer is still better than England winning the World Cup

Direwolf 07-04-2021 04:22 PM

Given that we are never likely to be in the Champions league I suppose it will have to be the World Cup.

meee 07-04-2021 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15733977)
Id take Palace reaching the Europa league round of 16 over England winning the World Cup, let alone winning the champions league :D A couple of away days in Eastern Europe is all I want.

This.

GB2506 07-04-2021 04:45 PM

Club over country!

As others have said, I would take Palace getting through the group stage of either the champions league or Europa League over England winning the World Cup.

All I want is an away day or 2 in Europe.

Worksop Palace 07-04-2021 04:47 PM

I’d take Palace winning the first game of next season over England winning the World Cup.

Paulinmorden 07-04-2021 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB2506 (Post 15734013)
Club over country!

As others have said, I would take Palace getting through the group stage of either the champions league or Europa League over England winning the World Cup.

All I want is an away day or 2 in Europe.

Winning one away game in Europe would do it for me. Maybe we should encourage Welsh nationalism and treat trips to Cardiff or Swansea as a European game.

meee 07-04-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulinmorden (Post 15734301)
Winning one away game in Europe would do it for me. Maybe we should encourage Welsh nationalism and treat trips to Cardiff or Swansea as a European game.

Don't worry, we'll finish 7th in 10 years time and draw Berwick followed by TNS.

Paulinmorden 07-04-2021 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meee (Post 15734306)
Don't worry, we'll finish 7th in 10 years time and draw Berwick followed by TNS.

Can't really count Berwick as we wouldn't be leaving England.

Sorry just realised what you did. Looked it up. Never knew TNS were actually based in England as well.

meee 07-04-2021 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulinmorden (Post 15734311)
Can't really count Berwick as we wouldn't be leaving England.

Sorry just realised what you did. Looked it up. Never knew TNS were actually based in England as well.

Yup :angel:

cappuccinoeagle 07-04-2021 10:12 PM

Yep, club over country for me

Sodermalm 07-04-2021 10:16 PM

I only want England to win anything if we rejoin the EU and Labour are in power.

eagle mart 07-04-2021 10:19 PM

Watching England in a tournament is excellent. But club over country.

Unfortunately Palace won't win the CL. I'd take the cup final, and a European cup run.

Paulinmorden 07-04-2021 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle mart (Post 15734330)
Watching England in a tournament is excellent. But club over country.

Unfortunately Palace won't win the CL. I'd take the cup final, and a European cup run.

I was very lucky to go to Mexico in 86. Have to admit it was more for the adventure of somewhere, especially back then,different to go to rather than specifically following England. Up to then I had only gone to Wembley for an England game because a Palace player was in the team.

Prince Phillip 08-04-2021 07:15 AM

Both within about 6-8 weeks of each other please. Like a sort of 1990 on steroids.

chateauferret 08-04-2021 08:40 AM

This is like asking whether you would prefer to fly to Australia on a pig or an elephant.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.