CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Hedgehog 14-01-2018 08:26 PM

Over here, younger people in the service industries seemed to have moved on from "No Problem" to "No Worries".

I always thought this was an Australian thing from 20 years ago (Crocodile Dundee and all that), but seems to have caught on here recently.

Either that or they think I'm Australian, which is not unusual, and are trying to be clever.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 14-01-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14052843)
Yes you are asking if a task is possible. Saying ‘can I have’ with the use of the word ‘can’ is a polite question which could be potentially be turn down. Where as ‘get’ to me sounds more like a demand, or to me sounds like you should be getting it yourself. Yes and it is an Americanism, something Im saying I have no shame of disliking who English people speak. As for ‘May I have’ yes maybe Im irritating a more grumpy bastard than me somewhere when I say ‘can I have’.

I imagine alot of you say it because it is a very popular way of asking for something now. I actually notice when someone says ‘can I have’, like the odd individual not looking on their phone on a train among the people endlessle scrolling meaningless content, I admire them.

Neither is 'correct' if you're going to examine it so closely, so it's odd to be a) so authoritarian about it and b) so outraged that you want to smash them about the head and c) that 'Americanisms' outrage you to the same point - it all seems to indicate some deeper issues!

the digger 14-01-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 14054642)
Neither is 'correct' if you're going to examine it so closely, so it's odd to be a) so authoritarian about it and b) so outraged that you want to smash them about the head and c) that 'Americanisms' outrage you to the same point - it all seems to indicate some deeper issues!

People who over-analyse the things that annoy me

the digger 14-01-2018 09:37 PM

Forgetting to put a smilie at the end of a post (or message), then worrying about whether the target audience will misinterpret the tone.

the digger 14-01-2018 09:38 PM

Holidaying with other people.

the digger 14-01-2018 09:38 PM

Other people.

andyocpfc 14-01-2018 09:42 PM

Roy calling Dougie, Doug Freedman. Don’t know why but it does. Never been known as Doug in his pro career. Love Roy though....apart from that [emoji3]

Joe85 14-01-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 14054816)
Roy calling Dougie, Doug Freedman. Don’t know why but it does. Never been known as Doug in his pro career. Love Roy though....apart from that [emoji3]

Should have called him Bertie.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-01-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 14054900)
Should have called him Bertie.

:D

Selhurst300 15-01-2018 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14054640)
Over here, younger people in the service industries seemed to have moved on from "No Problem" to "No Worries".

I always thought this was an Australian thing from 20 years ago (Crocodile Dundee and all that), but seems to have caught on here recently.

Either that or they think I'm Australian, which is not unusual, and are trying to be clever.

Do they still say, "You're welcome" every 30 seconds?

Worksop Palace 15-01-2018 09:58 AM

This feckin cold I’ve had for a week and especially the accompanying cough/retch which has exacerbated my hitherto benign groinal hernia. Which is now giving me some serious gyp.

I’d rather be at work. Being at home on your own coughing your lungs up ain’t fun. Even the cat has fecked off outside for some peace and quiet

Ron Dodgers 15-01-2018 10:09 AM

Lending Stream ad voiceover pronouncing Stream and Streaming as Shtream and Shtreaming.

Perhaps the idea is to draw attention away from the 1325% APR. Which they call One Three Two Five percent in an attempt to make it sound less horrendous than way over one thousand percent.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-01-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14055395)
This feckin cold I’ve had for a week and especially the accompanying cough/retch which has exacerbated my hitherto benign groinal hernia. Which is now giving me some serious gyp.

I’d rather be at work. Being at home on your own coughing your lungs up ain’t fun. Even the cat has fecked off outside for some peace and quiet

Poor Shoppy

davech 15-01-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Dodgers (Post 14055409)
Lending Stream ad voiceover pronouncing Stream and Streaming as Shtream and Shtreaming.

Perhaps the idea is to draw attention away from the 1325% APR. Which they call One Three Two Five percent in an attempt to make it sound less horrendous than way over one thousand percent.

Voice-over work for Sean Connery?

pallet 15-01-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 14053648)
Had some move in :D

Yep, Cranfield Park road, building with no planning permission, the council tried to get them to stop and the high court over ruled the council. Now there is a another lot moving in at Runwell too.
Sorry for all you many non essex residents who this means nothing too.

PIE "N" MASH 15-01-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 14055431)
Yep, Cranfield Park road, building with no planning permission, the council tried to get them to stop and the high court over ruled the council. Now there is a another lot moving in at Runwell too.
Sorry for all you many non essex residents who this means nothing too.

Due to build a legal camp round the corner in Pound Lane,they won't use it.Feel sorry for Wickford with the increase in the camp there(Hooverfield) and I see Oak Lane is filling up again after the council spent millions getting them out.Until the law changes they will continue to take the piss,and Essex has a lot of em:jerkit::jerkit:

Worksop Palace 15-01-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14055414)
Poor Shoppy

:moo2:

Son of Selhurst 15-01-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 14053647)
Guilty.
Had to do a day into London on the train(motorbike being serviced)before christmas,i really couldn't do it every day.Feck know's how people do it,it must be sole destroying :frown:

Yep. I wore out two pairs of shoes last year :moo:

pallet 15-01-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 14055464)
Due to build a legal camp round the corner in Pound Lane,they won't use it.Feel sorry for Wickford with the increase in the camp there(Hooverfield) and I see Oak Lane is filling up again after the council spent millions getting them out.Until the law changes they will continue to take the piss,and Essex has a lot of em:jerkit::jerkit:

Your right, Cambridge seem to suffer badly too. Still as long as we respect their cultural rights.

PIE "N" MASH 15-01-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 14055647)
Your right, Cambridge seem to suffer badly too. Still as long as we respect their cultural rights.

Feck there rights,live like us when there's something in it for them.
Feckin travellers my arse:veryangry
Still,should get entertaining with the not guilty verdicts of the two at the M25 services and the family feud that ended in murder at Wickford.Squealing like pigs to the old bill:jerkit::jerkit: