CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

ExiledStirling 29-08-2020 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15370749)
Not as annoying as Nirvana.

Too soon.

Maidstoned Eagle 29-08-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15370785)
None of them STOP
70 years after the death of the author STOP
Steinbeck outlived Hemmingway STOP
60 years or so since the death of the later STOP
Interestingly, it's been 70 years since Orwell died STOP

Greene only died in 1991 STOP

Telegram edit.

Reps AJ 29-08-2020 01:25 PM

People getting all worked up about something they're completely wrong about and demanding that something that is already in place be put in place

cappuccinoeagle 29-08-2020 08:47 PM

The fact that Paddy McGuinness keeps getting TV work.
The wait for Andrew’ Freddie’ Flintoff to disappear into obscurity.
Dermot Murnaghan

Prince Phillip 30-08-2020 08:09 PM

Furniture delivery times. Should it really take 12 weeks to get a bed or a sideboard to you?

Worksop Palace 31-08-2020 03:02 PM

I'm not sure this annoys me as such, more that it's flabbergasting

I've seen it quite a lot recently and today whilst out on my bike. I went past some people chatting with a few dogs running around and one had a pram. As I went past them I noticed that there was not a baby in the prem but a small ugly looking dog. I mean seriously what actually has to be your mind set to take a dog for a walk in a pram

Absolutely barking mad (pun intended)

chrisophiex 31-08-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15375474)

I've seen it quite a lot recently and today whilst out on my bike. I went past some people chatting with a few dogs running around and one had a pram. As I went past them I noticed that there was not a baby in the prem but a small ugly looking dog. I mean seriously what actually has to be your mind set to take a dog for a walk in a pram

Had to google it. I think they are called Dog Strollers. If it’s for dogs with arthritis then perhaps fair enough, but if it’s a fashion statement...then oh dear, indeed.

foresthillbilly 31-08-2020 03:09 PM

I rarely get annoyed these days. I just accept there are noticeable idiots everywhere.

Worksop Palace 31-08-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 15375477)
Had to google it. I think they are called Dog Strollers. If it’s for dogs with arthritis then perhaps fair enough, but if it’s a fashion statement...then oh dear, indeed.

Looked like a normal pram and healthy dog to me

Absolute wierdos :D

Richard 31-08-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 15374389)
Furniture delivery times. Should it really take 12 weeks to get a bed or a sideboard to you?

Surely the sort of stuff you are buying for the palaces is bespoke and crafted by experts ... descendants of Chippendale probably ?

Hedgehog 31-08-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

I see quite a few in trailers that attach to the rear of a bike when out riding my bike. I believe they are/were designed to carry babies/young children, but seem to work just as well for a small dog.

Funny, you never see an Alsatian riding in them!

Maidstoned Eagle 31-08-2020 05:01 PM

Quote:

Cyclist scum.

Worksop Palace 31-08-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15375639)
Cyclist scum.

Nah, there was no dogs cycling

Hedgehog 31-08-2020 07:31 PM

When you lose something in your house. It has to be in here somewhere - I had it last night.

Empty the dustbin out this morning, emptied every draw, looked under everything.

I know, it will be in the last place I look.

El Aguila 31-08-2020 08:13 PM

I just found it (the watch my Dad left me). It was annoying.

west country boy 31-08-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15375844)
I just found it (the watch my Dad left me). It was annoying.

Was it up Christopher Walken’s bumhole again?

little al 31-08-2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15375814)
When you lose something in your house. It has to be in here somewhere - I had it last night.

Empty the dustbin out this morning, emptied every draw, looked under everything.

Of course, because
when found you stop looking.

Twiggy 31-08-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15375814)

well...exactly....always look in the last place where you expect to find it...First!

:lux:

Dobbo 01-09-2020 04:34 AM

Conor Gallagher being labelled a Chelsea star by the media when he's never actually played for them above U23s level.

ob13 01-09-2020 07:05 AM

Quote:

Never had a pram but in the last year of my beautiful little JR Bella's life she slipped a disc and couldn't walk very far.I still felt she enjoyed coming out and about with us and was simulated by the sounds and smells and often carried her or she was on wifes mobility scooter.With hindsight maybe i preserved her life to long!