CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

west country boy 13-11-2021 12:58 AM

You make as much sense as welt so I'll assume the answer to the first part of my question is "yes".

As for your question, I have no f~cking idea what you are on about apart from knowing it is not "interesting". I have never had more than a couple brass farthings to rub against each other (why I should want to do such a thing I'm not sure) and am not in the slightest bit patriotic or nationalistic.

CT_Palace 13-11-2021 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16100952)
Proper Spanish speaking avocados or aguacates, none of yer yank rubbish.

Aguacate comes from the Aztec word ahuacatl ( probably pre Aztec - I don’t remember exactly) meaning testicle.
Called palta down here (another native word). Avocado is a word invented by the American growers deemed more acceptable to the buying public than the original name of Alligator Pear.

west country boy 13-11-2021 01:29 AM

If their nadgers were that big it's no surprise they had problems running away from the dagos.

Maidstoned Eagle 13-11-2021 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16101049)
Aguacate comes from the Aztec word ahuacatl ( probably pre Aztec - I don’t remember exactly) meaning testicle.
Called palta down here (another native word). Avocado is a word invented by the American growers deemed more acceptable to the buying public than the original name of Alligator Pear.

The aguacate business in Chile is mad, with people stealing water etc

El Aguila 13-11-2021 08:33 AM

Though as I remember it, they were only invented in England at some point in the late 70s.

west country boy 13-11-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16101114)
Though as I remember it, they were only invented in England at some point in the late 70s.

As a by-product of the bathroom industry?

El Aguila 13-11-2021 08:41 AM

I just read up on this. M&S introduced them in 1968 as “avocado pears”, which is what my mum used to call them. It was at first unsuccessful owing to the confusion created by the name - housewives trying to stew them and serving them with custard. They must have made it to Sainsbury’s quite a bit later, in any case.

Stavros 69 13-11-2021 09:02 AM

When paying on your card these days being made to feel guilty asking to see how much they’ve put into the machine.
3 times in the last month people as put in the wrong amount.
I’m asking to look at the screen for the purchase I’m making in your shop you ****tard.

Pidster 13-11-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16100950)
Two types of avos, Haas and Fuerte. Haas is the pimples skin type and usually ready to harvest from Feb, fuerte is smooth skin and ready about now. If you're having problems it's probably because yours are force grown out of season. I have 15 trees in my land, 2 of which are the fuerte type and are lovely and stay ripe for a while.

The Haas type we pick next year will stay fresh on the tree for several months.

Are you trying to start a “land off” with Dicky?

Pidster 13-11-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 16101136)
When paying on your card these days being made to feel guilty asking to see how much they’ve put into the machine.
3 times in the last month people as put in the wrong amount.
I’m asking to look at the screen for the purchase I’m making in your shop you ****tard.

I am sure the people in the shops are just trying to do the best for the charities that run them.

Aquila_17 13-11-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16101048)
As for your question, I have no f~cking idea what you are on about apart from knowing it is not "interesting"

Don't get interested in this:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23513654
:hi:

west country boy 13-11-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquila_17 (Post 16101173)
Don't get interested in this:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23513654
:hi:

How does that show that "Brits" had Nazi gold in their accounts, mini-welt?

Aquila_17 13-11-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16101217)
How does that show that "Brits" had Nazi gold in their accounts, mini-welt?

Now that would be waste of my life if I had to explain it to you.
Do you like pineapple?

CT_Palace 13-11-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16101084)
The aguacate business in Chile is mad, with people stealing water etc

Very.
We’ve been looking to move out of the city. We’ve seen some fantastic affordable properties which due to nearby avocado plantations, are utterly dry. Wells are useless and they have to have water trucked in.
Which is very annoying.

weltklasse 13-11-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16100861)
Protecting the Fourth Reich's secret underwater lair?

only mon - fri during office hours...like the airforce used to operate.:)

west country boy 13-11-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weltklasse (Post 16101780)
only mon - fri during office hours...like the airforce used to operate.:)

Please tell me that's true!

ChiswickEagle 13-11-2021 02:30 PM

The bloody band at England football matches. I was sat directly above them last night. Just not necessary.

weltklasse 13-11-2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16101794)
Please tell me that's true!

The airforce used to operate that way...it has changed now.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss-a...clock/46253116

weltklasse 13-11-2021 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle (Post 16101795)
The bloody band at England football matches. I was sat directly above them last night. Just not necessary.

UVF fans?:)

Maidstoned Eagle 13-11-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 16101142)
Are you trying to start a “land off” with Dicky?

He would win


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.