CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

PeterH 25-05-2022 12:19 AM

Oh and I guess they added Lawrenson and Carragher to the list for fear of tears at bedtime.

Blind_Eagle 25-05-2022 01:38 AM

Twice now, on two different recent news stories, the BBC have described birds as having been born.

No they haven’t, they’ve been hatched. Birds aren’t born ffs.

And to boil my piss even further, last week they defined a Guinea as ‘about 1.05’

Does the subtlety of the English language not matter any more?

Sharkba1t 25-05-2022 11:55 AM

Another thing (there are lots) that annoy me about BBC sports reports - the day after the FA cup final, the reporter referred to the game being played "last night"...it wasn't played last night - it was the late afternoon. Fking moron.

cantspell 25-05-2022 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olly cromwell (Post 16444416)
Kids who take a sign to a football match asking a player for his shirt :wallbash:

Buy one from the club shop you tight wad :D

I was at Wembley on Sunday and there was a kid holding one up for Michael Cheek's Bromley shirt.

Polak 25-05-2022 12:14 PM

Thames Water closing the whole of South Eden Park Avenue causing delays on surrounding streets during rush hour in order to dig a small hole towards the side of the road. Why couldn't they have installed temporary traffic lights instead?

Ant.Palace 25-05-2022 02:38 PM

Annette Bening. I can't watch anything she's in.

Chillo 25-05-2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 16445785)
Another thing (there are lots) that annoy me about BBC sports reports - the day after the FA cup final, the reporter referred to the game being played "last night"...it wasn't played last night - it was the late afternoon. Fking moron.

BBC described WTF drinks at number 10 as evening drinks ........... it started at 4pm! :clown:

Richard 25-05-2022 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 16444896)
Does the subtlety of the English language not matter any more?

I think it is the accuracy, rather than the subtlety.

CK 25-05-2022 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 16444605)
Oh I don't know it serves that upcoming area called Thamesmead! Strangely there have been many plans to serve Thamesmead itself by tube or train but none have come off.

No sure where i would have had terminate on the south side probably Ebbsfleet but running new wires over 3rd rail would be expensive.

Granted not been there for years, but the last time I went to thamesmead I thought the place should be terminated😟

What's it like now?

Nth Kent Eagle 25-05-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 16445975)
Granted not been there for years, but the last time I went to thamesmead I thought the place should be terminated��

What's it like now?

Never been the same since the closed the Barge Pole pub.

This guy does an excellent blog for the area. https://www.fromthemurkydepths.co.uk...de-on-day-one/

Maidstoned Eagle 25-05-2022 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 16446007)
Never been the same since the closed the Barge Pole pub.

This guy does an excellent blog for the area. https://www.fromthemurkydepths.co.uk...de-on-day-one/

What was the name of the pub that they filmed some of The Firm in?

Nth Kent Eagle 25-05-2022 07:09 PM

Not sure about the Firm but it was in the Guvnors which is set in Thamesmead and involves a row between the former ageing football hoolies on the estate and the new generation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guvnors

I saw it recently on either Netflix or Amazon (I cannot remember which).

Herr Colonpharter 25-05-2022 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 16443581)
The Chris and Rosie Ramsey Show. I haven't seen a single minute of it, but I know I hate it.

Had to google them. Still none the wiser . . . . . . . . . fortunately it would appear.

Oldtown Eagle 25-05-2022 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 16443581)
The Chris and Rosie Ramsey Show. I haven't seen a single minute of it, but I know I hate it.

I watched about 2 mins of it. The presenter in hysterics over something very unfunny. False laugh.

PeterH 25-05-2022 07:54 PM

As CT will confirm, many of you would lose your shit with annoying things here in Chile.

I guess we refrain from posting them due to your lack of reference, but I can add a few examples.

The News - this is a source of many. It is acceptable behaviour here to use the news programmes to advertise the channels upcoming crap programmes. It is also the thing to advertise a commercial as actual news like worklife being a big advert for Santander or Future Technology all being about Samsung products. All this in addition to adverts throughout shows, product placements, tickers screens, graphics, and presenters standing there with a bottle of pisco in the hand.

The News - every segment that is related to the economy, cost of living, pensions and salaries is accompanied by images of people counting out wads of notes. As in, they have a segment discussing the inflation cost of basic items and how it is killing the poor - and they accompany it with an image of someone counting out several hundred pounds worth of large bills - 'this is what you could have won'.

TV in general - it is a different level of crap. Recently they have outdone themselves. They now have scratch cards linked to popular shows. Are they really that desparate for more cash.

Supersonic 25-05-2022 08:23 PM

I work as a retail manager, some of the daft "complaints" you get are incredible.

Customer: I'd like to make a complaint.

Me: Okay, what about?

Customer: One of your staff was very rude and ignored me.

Me: Who?

Customer: [name of member of staff]

Me: Oh, she's deaf, just wouldn't have heard you, definitely wouldn't have been deliberately rude.

Customer: Well she doesn't look deaf, are you sure?

Me: Yep, definitely deaf.

Customer: Well why is she working here then?

a much redacted version that included several minutes of me persuading this customer that the member of staff is definitely definitely deaf ... but my god some people!!

Isle of Wight 25-05-2022 10:47 PM

Annoy/upset

20 kids killed in the USA and still the wankers won’t do anything “PRO life for unborn babies but when they are born but when they are born ****em the right to have a metal penis extension is far more important.

The Fking Russians bombing the shut out of the Ukrainians and the resultant economic aftershocks caused by another small man with a big ego. ****

Our government. What a group of lying weasels. WTF Fridays now. Every other ****** has to work hard but don’t get the “company” footing the bill to get pissed every Friday. Johnson Sunak Gove JPM Dorries Patel Truss the whole dam lot shouldn’t be anywhere near the highest office in the land. It’s an embarrassment.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 25-05-2022 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16446193)
As CT will confirm, many of you would lose your shit with annoying things here in Chile.

I guess we refrain from posting them due to your lack of reference, but I can add a few examples.

The News - this is a source of many. It is acceptable behaviour here to use the news programmes to advertise the channels upcoming crap programmes. It is also the thing to advertise a commercial as actual news like worklife being a big advert for Santander or Future Technology all being about Samsung products. All this in addition to adverts throughout shows, product placements, tickers screens, graphics, and presenters standing there with a bottle of pisco in the hand.

The News - every segment that is related to the economy, cost of living, pensions and salaries is accompanied by images of people counting out wads of notes. As in, they have a segment discussing the inflation cost of basic items and how it is killing the poor - and they accompany it with an image of someone counting out several hundred pounds worth of large bills - 'this is what you could have won'.

TV in general - it is a different level of crap. Recently they have outdone themselves. They now have scratch cards linked to popular shows. Are they really that desparate for more cash.

All these years I thought I was in Australia and I am actually in Chile :supergrin:

ozzieEagle 26-05-2022 02:45 AM

Finally found something to get really pissed off about...

Having to replace my 3-year-old Huawei p30 pro, as it has a faulty motherboard from being dropped to much. You would think in 3 years that a mid-range Samsung in the S21 FE would at least be it's equal. It's nowhere bloody near. I should have bought another 2nd hand p30 pro. Issues with the Samsung... The camera is infinitely better on the p30 pro... the storage, the battery life, the response times. 3 years and they still haven't caught up...

F....ing hell.... talk about wasting my bloody money. The only thing the Samsung has better is the screen brightness.

No wonder Trump banned them.

CT_Palace 26-05-2022 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16446193)

As I mentioned to you the other day, I have ditched regular tv completely. I just cant be doing with it. Internet for the news and all other entertainment is streaming channels of one sort or another. Other than YT which a refuse to pay for ... but may get ground down on that too, I have an ad free tv experience.

One thing I will say though, the cable tv here is much cheaper than Sky - I saw on another thread over 100 quid a month :eek::eek: and that's for channels full of ads. I guess everyone just sucks it up, but it does surprise me not to see that monthly bill annoying more punters on this thread.