CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   19/20 ST Corona Refund? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=281483)

Cpfcbob 24-03-2020 08:58 PM

19/20 ST Corona Refund?

Let's be honest the season is over, we will be in lockdown long past the close of the season and with 4 more home games, Burnley, Chelsea, ManU, Tottenham how is the club going to refund us? Each adult ST equates to around £30 a seat. 4*£30 = £120 refund per adult ST.

SussexRed&Blue 24-03-2020 09:24 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a long time before any games are played again and the clubs are committed to completing the existing season.

I think it maybe ambitious to think that next season will happen at all.

Finish the games and then it will be straight into the Euros possibly.

Season scheduled for 2021/2022 may not happen as wouldn't have enough time to complete a 38 game season?

JAS78 24-03-2020 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue (Post 15152165)
I wouldn't be surprised if it is a long time before any games are played again and the clubs are committed to completing the existing season.

I think it maybe ambitious to think that next season will happen at all.

Finish the games and then it will be straight into the Euros possibly.

Season scheduled for 2021/2022 may not happen as wouldn't have enough time to complete a 38 game season?

You mean 20/21 is in danger

This season will probably be restarted August/September earliest, going by a rough China time line. Probably behind closed doors and after all participants have been tested, hopefully they can also test for those that have already had it by then

Maybe a deduction on the next ST as a refund, tbh not really fussed just write it off it’s money spent

Difficult to see many FL/non league clubs surviving that long

Ryan_the_eagle 24-03-2020 09:44 PM

Does it really matter at the moment. The people who make these decisions should be at home in isolation. I’m as worried about my job after this is over as a lot of people. Work has dried up for my firm, but that money went out of my account over a year ago so is very low down on the list of concerns at the moment.

SussexRed&Blue 24-03-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS78 (Post 15152182)
You mean 20/21 is in danger

This season will probably be restarted August/September earliest, going by a rough China time line. Probably behind closed doors and after all participants have been tested, hopefully they can also test for those that have already had it by then

Maybe a deduction on the next ST as a refund, tbh not really fussed just write it off it’s money spent

Difficult to see many FL/non league clubs surviving that long

Yes i know it sounds extreme that 20/21 could be in danger but this season needs to be completed as agreed by Premier League and would need a pretty big catch up to complete the 38 game season especially with the Euros at the end of that season.

Not as if you can have a half season as the teams need to really play each other home and away to make it a level playing field.

GreatGonzo 24-03-2020 11:10 PM

They won't sacrifice next season in order to finish this one.

Everything depends on when things can start getting back to normal.

If games can resume in June, maybe early July there is a chance for this season, if not it is likely toast.

If games cannot restart till Jan next year then maybe they will lose next season but by them most clubs will have gone bust.

SussexRed&Blue 24-03-2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 15152256)
They won't sacrifice next season in order to finish this one.

Everything depends on when things can start getting back to normal.

If games can resume in June, maybe early July there is a chance for this season, if not it is likely toast.

If games cannot restart till Jan next year then maybe they will lose next season but by them most clubs will have gone bust.

It maybe possible to get the games completed behind closed doors under very stringent conditions just to complete the season.

Probably the authorities may worry though about the home fans congretating outside the stadium to welcome the home team.

CP Satellite 25-03-2020 12:47 AM

I’m sure I read somewhere that shortly before WWII, there was a dispute between the Football League and the Pools companies over revenue that lead to the League refusing to produce public fixture lists.

For a few weeks, home fans would turn up not knowing who their club was about to play and away fans had little or no time to make travel arrangements.

The League had to back down eventually after the chaos surrounding their decision hit clubs and fans more than the dispute that caused it!

Brummie Allan 25-03-2020 09:13 AM

If it's only £120 and even less on mine about £80 the club can keep it.

HOVE EAGLE 25-03-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brummie Allan (Post 15152457)

Give it to a worthwhile charity?

Dorking .Eagle 25-03-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP Satellite (Post 15152303)
I’m sure I read somewhere that shortly before WWII, there was a dispute between the Football League and the Pools companies over revenue that lead to the League refusing to produce public fixture lists.

For a few weeks, home fans would turn up not knowing who their club was about to play and away fans had little or no time to make travel arrangements.

The League had to back down eventually after the chaos surrounding their decision hit clubs and fans more than the dispute that caused it!

It was known as the Pools War. There is a section about it in Nigel Sand's A-Z of Crystal Palace book

ForzaPalace 25-03-2020 10:45 AM

If they cancelled any outstanding Direct Debits for the rest of the season, that's a fair chunk of money to miss out on considering we're not making anything at the moment from us fans. I'm happy to pay the remaining payments personally.

Even if the season does get finished, it needs to be behind closed doors or we'll be basically inviting the second wave on with a red carpet reception

Garfy 25-03-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brummie Allan (Post 15152457)

Ditto

cpfc4evandeva 25-03-2020 11:27 AM

You guys are very charitable. I see a club that is in absolutely zero danger during all of this, whilst we're seeing local businesses dying. If offered, I would absolutely take my money back. If we were in the Championship, League 1, etc, I might think differently.

Tomo 25-03-2020 11:44 AM

If I could get the money then great. But it's money I've budgeted for.

I would hope that all PL clubs will give fans the option for a refund, or that your S/T money goes into a pot that helps other clubs stay afloat. Basic maths, would say that if we've got 10,000 S.T holders (I know we have more), and it's all about 100 quid remaining, that we could give 100k to a club(s) who are struggling. That might just see a couple of lower league clubs the chance to survive.

Edit: Would be a million!

Dave Hedgehog 25-03-2020 11:49 AM

Feels way too early to think about refunds given we haven't even missed a match yet - next home game would have been early April, wasn't it?

Given the situation, I'd be happy to accept something like a donation to the Palace Foundation or another charity based on the cost of the remaining games. But I understand why others will want their money back.

Shipp Ahoy! 25-03-2020 12:13 PM

There's some very noble sentiments on here, but I'm sure I'm not the only one looking at the bank balance considering when I won't be able to pay for food let alone bills!

£80-£120 could make an enormous difference.

It's one thing to budget 12 months ago for the spend but I don't think anyone budgeted anything for a global pandemic in advance!

GreatGonzo 25-03-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue (Post 15152263)
It maybe possible to get the games completed behind closed doors under very stringent conditions just to complete the season.

Probably the authorities may worry though about the home fans congretating outside the stadium to welcome the home team.

Biggest reason to complete the season is financial like most things.

If clubs don't have fans in the stadium they will miss out on millions, a drop in the ocean compared to what will be lost in TV revenue if the games are not televised.

The evidence suggests that having people group together in living rooms is more harmful than at stadia. Not to mention the revenue broadcasters make from pubs showing games is huge and that money might not be forthcoming.

Whether it is possible to play the games or not, the bigger issues will be financial.

GreatGonzo 25-03-2020 12:27 PM

Club not yet offering any refunds on tickets bought for games like Bournemouth. Have to wait for re-arrangement to be announced.

Jim Cannon 25-03-2020 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 15152729)
Club not yet offering any refunds on tickets bought for games like Bournemouth. Have to wait for re-arrangement to be announced.

LOL good luck with that one

Tomo 25-03-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 15152706)
There's some very noble sentiments on here, but I'm sure I'm not the only one looking at the bank balance considering when I won't be able to pay for food let alone bills!

It's one thing to budget 12 months ago for the spend but I don't think anyone budgeted anything for a global pandemic in advance!

I agree, if you're circumstances have changed, and may not have work anymore.

But for many they haven't or the money is written off. If it was just going to sit in the clubs coffers then, yes, I'd want the money back, but if it was going towards other causes then I'm fine with that.

Shipp Ahoy! 25-03-2020 04:04 PM

Should add mind I'm lucky enough to have an incredibly supportive partner who is able to support us for now.

So will have to continue borrowing for now, which I can't stand.

Norwich_Eagle 25-03-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 15152729)

That's not true. Refunds are available for Bournemouth and Liverpool postponed games.

EddieEdwards 25-03-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle (Post 15153307)
That's not true. Refunds are available for Bournemouth and Liverpool postponed games.

Are you sure? The official announcement 12 days ago said you had to wait for the rearranged date to be confirmed before applying for a refund, and I haven't seen any further update since that.

Norwich_Eagle 26-03-2020 11:03 AM

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/mar...spended-games/

Bournemouth
Please return your ticket(s) either via post (we would recommend using a Royal Mail Tracked service) with a covering letter, or return your ticket(s) in person to the Box Office. Once the ticket(s) is/are received we will issue a full refund within seven days to the original method of payment.

Liverpool
For supporters who have already collected their tickets:

Please return your ticket(s) either via post (we would recommend using a Royal Mail Tracked service) with a covering letter, or return your tickets in person to the Box Office. Once the ticket(s) is/are received we will issue a full refund within seven days to the original method of payment.

For supporters who opted for post:

As these tickets have not yet been posted, if you are unable to make the rearranged fixture once the date is confirmed, please email boxoffice@cpfc.co.uk with ‘Liverpool Refund’ in the subject bar. Please detail the names and client reference number of the lead booker and of those attending.

The refund will then be processed within seven days to the original method of payment. Once the date is confirmed tickets will be posted to supporters on the fifth working day. After this time, supporters will need to return the tickets as outlined above.

Please note: If you are able to make the rearranged fixture your ticket(s) with the original date on will still be valid.

BALDYEAGLE 26-03-2020 11:46 AM

That is correct 2nd paragraph of the club statement says that.Refunds available if you can’t make the rearranged dates.

keltic eagle 26-03-2020 12:00 PM

Can I ask? Are the players still on full pay? And I'm not just talking about our players.

I know they have contracts which should be honoured but in the wider world most people have contracts but are now, hopefully only for the time being, on the scrap heap.

As regards to season ticket refunds, in the great scheme of things I agree its too early to start worrying about that. Personally, if I did get the refund I would think about donating it to the casual matchday workers, which would be nice if there was a pot for match day workers at all football clubs as we all benefit from them.

Finally can I draw attention to the link I'm posting. I think it's quite pertinent to whats happening at the moment.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...watch-21755432

Mr Bo Jangles 26-03-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle (Post 15153307)

Asked for refund for Bournemouth and they refused. Said I can only get a refund once new date is confirmed and you confirm that you are unable to attend the new date.
Personally think they should be giving money back now as many people are very strapped for cash.
I do have concerns that they will keep the money, which appears to be what most companies are doing. Holiday companies refusing refunds, hotels refusing refunds. Apparently a lot of companies are hoping that the government are going to change legislation allowing them to keep the cash.

Norwich_Eagle 26-03-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles (Post 15153818)
Asked for refund for Bournemouth and they refused. Said I can only get a refund once new date is confirmed and you confirm that you are unable to attend the new date.
Personally think they should be giving money back now as many people are very strapped for cash.
I do have concerns that they will keep the money, which appears to be what most companies are doing. Holiday companies refusing refunds, hotels refusing refunds. Apparently a lot of companies are hoping that the government are going to change legislation allowing them to keep the cash.

I would argue that with the club because they have literally released a statement to say that refunds are available if you send the ticket back.

Re. other refunds you mention I am going through the same thing. I had planned a trip to York inbetween my and the missus birthdays and combine it with watching her sister do the London Marathon.

Trains have been told that we will be refunded but, nothing has happened yet, f**k Trainline.

Hotel in York has been refunded, good ole Premier Inn.

Hotel in London will not refund me, literally sent me an email this morning that said "we can't". I have emailed booking.com to contest this and they have said that they will literally do nothing until the week of the booking.

Life is full of these stories at the minute.

EddieEdwards 26-03-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle (Post 15153843)
I would argue that with the club because they have literally released a statement to say that refunds are available if you send the ticket back.

But you missed out the key part of the statement near the top: "Supporters who are unable to attend on the rearranged date can obtain a refund once the new dates of the rearranged fixtures have been confirmed. Please see the refund process below for each fixture."

It seems likely that the games will be rearranged as behind-closed-doors fixtures, or maybe it'll all drag on so long that they have to change their policy, but as things stand the refund process will only come into play once the rearranged dates have been confirmed.

Norwich_Eagle 26-03-2020 03:31 PM

I have interpreted that for Liverpool tickets that were posted / due to be posted.

From the clubs point of view, I think that people should be given the option, if you want a refund and then potentially rebook later or not then fine. If, you want to keep the tickets and get a refund at a later date then fine.

Woosie 26-03-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle (Post 15153843)

Trains have been told that we will be refunded but, nothing has happened yet, f**k Trainline.

Log into your account, manage bookings, refund. It takes up to 28 days but you get your refund.

EddieEdwards 26-03-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle (Post 15154005)
I have interpreted that for Liverpool tickets that were posted / due to be posted.

From the clubs point of view, I think that people should be given the option, if you want a refund and then potentially rebook later or not then fine. If, you want to keep the tickets and get a refund at a later date then fine.

I think it's pretty clear that the section at the top applies to all Bournemouth and Liverpool tickets whether posted, collected or still at the box office.

I agree that they should probably just offer a refund now to those that decide they want one but at the moment the policy is that you have to wait for the rearranged date and then apply for the refund if you can't make it.

Tomo 26-03-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle (Post 15154005)

If people want the refund now, they should forfeit the chance when they do go back on sale IMO.

I know it's annoying but I can't believe that there is that many people (I realise there might be some)who spent money on tickets etc months ago are suddenly that desperate for the £30 right now.

Norwich_Eagle 26-03-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosie (Post 15154014)
Log into your account, manage bookings, refund. It takes up to 28 days but you get your refund.

Yeah I have just got an email to say that is now possible. Unfortunately the Lord knows how many people in the country are trying to do that at the moment mean that nothing is happening.

But, at least I know it can so, that is good. I will have another go tonight.

Norwich_Eagle 26-03-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 15154100)
If people want the refund now, they should forfeit the chance when they do go back on sale IMO.

I know it's annoying but I can't believe that there is that many people (I realise there might be some)who spent money on tickets etc months ago are suddenly that desperate for the £30 right now.

I don't really disagree with that to be fair Tomo.

Whole reason I have not chased a refund is because I know whether games are going ahead / when they go ahead / whether supporters are welcome in the ground I still intend to go.

Yoda 26-03-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle (Post 15154107)
I don't really disagree with that to be fair Tomo.

Whole reason I have not chased a refund is because I know whether games are going ahead / when they go ahead / whether supporters are welcome in the ground I still intend to go.

Us too...after all this, we’re even more keen to go than we were when we originally bought them!

We will only ask for a refund if we can’t manage the new date, which seems unlikely given our school and work diary has bombed. Not only to have the money back ofcourse, but because we would want other Palace fans to use our tickets if we couldn’t.

Brett 26-03-2020 05:45 PM

Mike Ashley deducted Geordie season ticket monies on Wednesday. For next season. What a hero.

palacemetros 27-03-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 15152706)

I have to agree with Shipp Ahoy on this. There will be people now seriously concerned about their livelihood. Under normal circumstances, the peer pressure on this forum (contribution to club, charity etc) would be commendable but these are far from normal circumstances. If you think you'll need the money, do all you can to get it back. The majority of the club's expenditure is players' wages and my thinking is they'll be able to afford a hit on those for a while.

Norwich_Eagle 27-03-2020 10:25 AM

That man is the absolute scum of the earth.

cpfc4evandeva 27-03-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 15154186)
Mike Ashley deducted Geordie season ticket monies on Wednesday. For next season. What a hero.

I think to get to the kind of level that him, Branson, the Wetherspoons guy, etc get to, you have to basically have to have zero empathy.

Oli28 27-03-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle (Post 15154941)
That man is the absolute scum of the earth.

Harsh on palacemetros tbf

wedgetail 27-03-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 15155097)
I think to get to the kind of level that him, Branson, the Wetherspoons guy, etc get to, you have to basically have to have zero empathy.

Helps if you want to get rich though.

wrightchipvcfc 27-03-2020 03:23 PM

Suppose it's a personal thing I would presume all fans would want Bournemouth Liverpool Leicester and villa to give them there ticket money back if games are cancelled or played behind close doors as palace don't get this money .as for remaining home games some fans might be willing to let palace keep money if there in a finasial position to do that many won't tho and need money now more then ever so many people I know have lost or seen there income fall last few weeks .suppose it just comes down to how long there willing to delay season for before saying it's void or positions will be frozen where they are now ect

Ogilvy 27-03-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 15152637)
You guys are very charitable. I see a club that is in absolutely zero danger during all of this, whilst we're seeing local businesses dying. If offered, I would absolutely take my money back. If we were in the Championship, League 1, etc, I might think differently.

Absolutely, except I think I’d want a refund in all pro leagues. I work for Macmillan and we will gladly take donations to help people living with cancer, or your local food bank?
Personal choice, with your £100 you could;

Pay multimillion pound footballer Bentekes wages for 9 mins
Pay 3 hours of a cancer nurse
Feed a family of 4 basic but healthily for 1 week.
Treat you and your loved ones to a family meal

I’m struggling to see why anyone would go for option 1....

palacemetros 28-03-2020 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oli28 (Post 15155426)
Harsh on palacemetros tbf

:D

west country boy 28-03-2020 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 15155097)

And a micropenis. I guess that's why I'm so poor. Is there anyone on the BBS who goes on about how goddam successful they are?

Brett 28-03-2020 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15156211)
And a micropenis. I guess that's why I'm so poor. Is there anyone on the BBS who goes on about how goddam successful they are?

British fellow from Ulster. Scottish surname.

MFBias 28-03-2020 02:10 AM

£120 is the least of our problems right now.

Shipp Ahoy! 28-03-2020 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15156232)
£120 is the least of our problems right now.

Again, maybe to some.

But how about this scenario...

Family are having to live day to do because of their finances. As a result they have to go to the shop whenever they have enough to afford a meal or two.

Could result in several extra trips and ultimately cause an outbreak in that home. Family member considered vulnerable dies as a result....

That £120 could have meant a shop or two less and preventing a person or two catching it to prevent deaths.

cpfc4evandeva 28-03-2020 09:03 AM

If £120 doesn't mean much to you then:

1) It will mean absolutely **** all to a Premier League Football Club.

2) When we do get a refund, please feel free to send me yours if you're not that bothered by it :D

Ronnie9 28-03-2020 09:20 AM

Why should fans lose out on money. I am guessing the players have not volunteered to take a pay cut until the season resumes.

NRM the 2nd 28-03-2020 09:47 AM

Personally I'm not bothered about a refund. Would almost feel guilty asking when you see the affect this will have on so many people and businesses etc. Not saying the money back wouldn't help but I've just put this one down to one that's lost.

NRM the 2nd 28-03-2020 09:49 AM

Maybe instead of a refund, the next seasons are adjusted accordingly

EdMan 28-03-2020 10:09 AM

My solution would be to finish this season as and when possible. Then make next season a 19 game one. Every team plays every other team just once, venue to be decided by a draw. That way they’ll honour the current season tickets, and next season will be half price.

They have to finish this season I think, regardless. Maybe in a few months we’ll all be carrying ID to show we’ve been tested and are in the clear.

A lot can change in 3 months.

Lombardarian 28-03-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdMan (Post 15156380)
My solution would be to finish this season as and when possible. Then make next season a 19 game one. Every team plays every other team just once, venue to be decided by a draw. That way they’ll honour the current season tickets, and next season will be half price.

They have to finish this season I think, regardless. Maybe in a few months we’ll all be carrying ID to show we’ve been tested and are in the clear.

Yes, I was thinking this would be my choice how to proceed with next season given the circumstances.

cpfc4evandeva 28-03-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRM the 2nd (Post 15156363)
Personally I'm not bothered about a refund. Would almost feel guilty asking when you see the affect this will have on so many people and businesses etc. Not saying the money back wouldn't help but I've just put this one down to one that's lost.

Agree about feeling guilt with regard to small businesses, but surely that doesn't apply in this scenario?! If you feel bad about businesses going under, spend any refund you get on a local business that needs your help. CPFC do not need your help.

MFBias 28-03-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

**** me that sound draconian. The funny thing that people living in a liberal society immediately demand draconian measures as society slips.

EdMan 28-03-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15156428)
**** me that sound draconian. The funny thing that people living in a liberal society immediately demand draconian measures as society slips.

It does, but surely a price worth paying to keep the virus at bay. Obviously once we have id though, it's here to stay.

wrightchipvcfc 28-03-2020 05:03 PM

I'm sure parish would be quite happy for those who don't need or want a refund to email phone club to let them know then he can just pay back those who do want it spoke to a few st holders the majority of them want a refund . A couple of them are what I would call wealthy but see it if you can afford to pay players 100 million a year you can pay fans maybe 500 thousand or what ever it is.

Mr Bo Jangles 28-03-2020 06:15 PM

I think there are more needy causes at the moment than football clubs who pay millions of pounds in wages every week to players.

Whilst I am fortunate to have retained my job I would rather have the money back and donate it to one of the many charities who aren't being funded at the moment, hospices, animal charities, Marie Curie etc. I believe they are far more deserving in these hard times.

Maybe the club could set up an option of retaining the money to donate to two or three local charities. 18000 ST holders, circa £120 per ST=over £2,000,000 in donations from Palace fans if everyone could afford it.

Could set an example for other clubs and their fans to join together to help out financially those charities suffering in these tough times. Could raise £50 million+. It may even inspire some players into donating, say 10% of wages for weeks they don't play. Just ideas.

Tomo 30-03-2020 10:25 AM

I think most people who have said they're not fussed about a refund have said for the money to to a charity/worthwhile cause.

There is no chance I'd want the money just being used to fund some over inflated wages, but if it was going to help local clubs who are struggling now their season has ended, or the Palace Foundation etc then it's fine by me.

Crozzy71 30-03-2020 01:12 PM

Palace for Life Foundation.

Mr Bo Jangles 30-03-2020 02:48 PM

CPSCC- disabled children charity another very worthy cause. I know they have had to cancel their golf day.
Paul-any chance you could float this idea with the powers at the club?

Timbo 30-03-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles (Post 15157324)
I think there are more needy causes at the moment than football clubs who pay millions of pounds in wages every week to players.

Whilst I am fortunate to have retained my job I would rather have the money back and donate it to one of the many charities who aren't being funded at the moment, hospices, animal charities, Marie Curie etc. I believe they are far more deserving in these hard times.

Maybe the club could set up an option of retaining the money to donate to two or three local charities. 18000 ST holders, circa £120 per ST=over £2,000,000 in donations from Palace fans if everyone could afford it.

Could set an example for other clubs and their fans to join together to help out financially those charities suffering in these tough times. Could raise £50 million+. It may even inspire some players into donating, say 10% of wages for weeks they don't play. Just ideas.

That's a great idea

Harry Holmesdale 30-03-2020 03:25 PM

Anyone paying on DD cancelled theres?

Cpfcbob 31-03-2020 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale (Post 15159474)
Anyone paying on DD cancelled theres?

I haven't canceled DD as am longterm ST holders and wish to continue next season, if that now even goes ahead now?

I still don't fully understand why so many on here are so here happy to NOT want a refund for at least 4 matches you've paid for yet will never see?
I half see why you may want to leave refundable monies to a charity but if you booked a holiday or a concert next month and it got canceled due to corona, would you fling that off as a charitable loss? Or would you enquire about a refund?

andyocpfc 31-03-2020 11:22 AM

Assuming we don't get to see the last four matches in person, I just want my money knocked off next season's ticket which I think is more than fair.

IMHO, charity is private to you and something you should choose yourself with the money in your bank. It is a completely separate issue to this.

jjeagle 31-03-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpfcbob (Post 15160377)
I haven't canceled DD as am longterm ST holders and wish to continue next season, if that now even goes ahead now?

I still don't fully understand why so many on here are so here happy to NOT want a refund for at least 4 matches you've paid for yet will never see?
I half see why you may want to leave refundable monies to a charity but if you booked a holiday or a concert next month and it got canceled due to corona, would you fling that off as a charitable loss? Or would you enquire about a refund?

I understand where you are coming from but how can refunds be issued for games that, at the moment, have only been postponed/put on hold?

When we get a definitive answer as to whether the season is void, played behind closed doors etc. then this can be answered by the club.

Tomo 31-03-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Any money I've had returned as a result of the CV so far I have spent on local businesses.
If they just return all the money then great. But if the club offer to do a good deed (maybe matching what the fans put in), then I'd be happy to do that.

I'm certainly not worrying about the money yet though. I think this is because I see my season ticket just as another outgoing like a gym membership that leaves my account once a month.

andyocpfc 31-03-2020 11:34 AM

MU's standpoint according to the Guardian

In the event of behind closed doors or cancelled matches, season ticket holders will be offered a pro-rata rebate against their season tickets for next season or a pro-rata cash refund based on the number of games remaining.

Rebates or refunds will also apply to supporters that have paid in advance for general admission tickets and VIP packages, while a rebate will be offered to seasonal Executive Club members.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-not-completed

GreatGonzo 31-03-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 15160447)
MU's standpoint according to the Guardian

In the event of behind closed doors or cancelled matches, season ticket holders will be offered a pro-rata rebate against their season tickets for next season or a pro-rata cash refund based on the number of games remaining.

Rebates or refunds will also apply to supporters that have paid in advance for general admission tickets and VIP packages, while a rebate will be offered to seasonal Executive Club members.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-not-completed

How do Palace do pro rata? 3 of the 4 remaining games were Cat A.

More likely we would just be offered a 21% discount, whereas based on Palaces own pricing scheme it should be higher than that.

SHIPEAGLE 31-03-2020 12:24 PM

For supporters who have also bought away match tickets the amount involved is more ie

4 unplayed home games
4 unplayed away games for which tickets purchased (Bournemouth, Liverpool, Leicester and Villa)
4 unused home programme vouchers
based on Adult prices that could total of more than £250 (4 x £30 fof home games, same for 4 away games and approx £12 for programmes)

This is not a small amount and i know that eventually refunds will be made but for some that money could be of help now

cpfc4evandeva 31-03-2020 01:04 PM

I'm going to sound mean here, but I don't care - I would like my money back and not have it given to one of Palace's charities. I'm sure that they do great work, but it is my money and I would prefer to choose how it is spent.

I'll be shocked if this season isn't completed behind closed doors. We'll probably be let out within a few months, but there's surely no chance the government would allow us to straight away go back to complete normality like packing football stadiums. Once small gatherings are allowed though, this will understandably be used as a way to complete matches behind closed doors.

I actually get why the club haven't released any news on this yet, as nothing is confirmed. But the ideas on here of giving a refund to club appointed charities, or even just no refund at all, I am not a fan of.

Tomo 31-03-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHIPEAGLE (Post 15160495)
For supporters who have also bought away match tickets the amount involved is more ie

4 unplayed home games
4 unplayed away games for which tickets purchased (Bournemouth, Liverpool, Leicester and Villa)
based on Adult prices that could total of more than £250 (4 x £30 fof home games, same for 4 away games and approx £12 for programmes)

This is not a small amount and i know that eventually refunds will be made but for some that money could be of help now

I do get that, but I don't think people can expect money they laid out months ago and can claim they urgently need it now, yet no one knows exactly what's going to happen with the season.

People seem to think football clubs have to behave differently to other businesses.

wrightchipvcfc 31-03-2020 01:26 PM

Can't see crowds being let in grounds in the next 3 months can see every prem game being shown live on sky bt ect the longer it goes on will the players need a mini pre season to get up to speed.expect many players would have gym stuff in there houses could jog round park so could keep up a level of fitness but doubt if they could do,much with ball on there own might get some strange results when if prem does return

palacemetros 31-03-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 15160569)
I do get that, but I don't think people can expect money they laid out months ago and can claim they urgently need it now, yet no one knows exactly what's going to happen with the season.

People seem to think football clubs have to behave differently to other businesses.

There are many different sets of circumstances to consider here. Not everyone has been able to carry on as normal or will receive 80% of their income. A fair number will have been laid off and in those circumstances, that money may indeed be urgently needed now.

Oli28 31-03-2020 04:22 PM

A fair way might be for the club to offer 4/19ths of the price of the season tickets back to fans now but, if the fans take it and the games are eventually played to the public, those seats will only be available via general sale and the season ticket holder will only be able to buy them in the same way a casual fan would. This would mean that people who need it can get their money back but theres still an incentive for people not to ask for a refund immediately

andyocpfc 31-03-2020 04:25 PM

That would be fair, Oli.

wrightchipvcfc 31-03-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHIPEAGLE (Post 15160495)

4 unplayed home games

I know you buy away tickets for a few mates box office must owe you a good few quid but suppose they got to get money back from Bournemouth Liverpool ect

SHIPEAGLE 31-03-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc (Post 15161062)
I know you buy away tickets for a few mates box office must owe you a good few quid but suppose they got to get money back from Bournemouth Liverpool ect

Yes that is correct but most of my group have paid me for all their away tickets and we are waiting to hear what is happening and we will either get to the games or i will get the tickets refunded and then pass the refunds to my mates

Nth Kent Eagle 31-03-2020 11:13 PM

It wouldn’t be acceptable to me if we pay for tickets for matches we don’t see but pampered players on tens of thousands a week still get full wages.

Palace Bear 31-03-2020 11:46 PM

Not sure how many ST holders we have but if you assume an average of £500 and 20k STs and round it up a bit for worst case scenario and to account maybe for boxes etc... maybe £150 person X 20k = £3m.

Clearly that is very sketchy maths but give a ball park. Even if it was double, wouldn’t take many weeks wages for the players to give up a little to cover the refunds.

That is of course if the season doesn’t recommence. Who knows?

Brett 02-04-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 15161272)
It wouldn’t be acceptable to me if we pay for tickets for matches we don’t see but pampered players on tens of thousands a week still get full wages.

^^^

In no rush for a resolution as bigger fish to fry and fortunately I'm not that close to the bone but NKE's sentiment here is correct.

Brummie Allan 02-04-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

China already doing this on a mobile app so very easy to implement.

Chillo 02-04-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Then make next season a 19 game one. Every team plays every other team just once, venue to be decided by a draw. That way they’ll honour the current season tickets, and next season will be half price.

OK for us fans, but what about those not in the Premier league who rely much more heavily on ticket income and associated sales for their income?

Much of L1 and L2 etc. would no doubt go bust.

Brummie Allan 02-04-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Back in 2010 I bought 1 ST then a year later got a second ST, I did this to support the club at that time, I never envisaged coming down to 95% of home match like we do. I know after 7 seasons in the premier league we are in a different position now but I still see it as supporting the club. I don't look at Crystal Palace FC as a business supplying me a product or service so I don't care if I get the small amount of money back or not.

On the other hand we've got 6 tickets to Villa and 2 to Leicester that I do want back as I don't support them.

EdMan 02-04-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillo (Post 15163791)
OK for us fans, but what about those not in the Premier league who rely much more heavily on ticket income and associated sales for their income?

Much of L1 and L2 etc. would no doubt go bust.

What's the alternative? They have to finish this season for all sorts of reasons. If that's done by the end of June then a full 20/21 season would be possible. But is that likely at this point?

cpfc4evandeva 02-04-2020 05:57 PM

This thread is a little too much 'I'm a better fan than you' for my liking.

tasty_snacks 05-04-2020 01:32 PM

Top flight football is an entertainment business. We all know it and our own chairman and manager have admitted as much previously. Difficult under those circumstances to justify not offering a refund. People may choose to defer that refund if they so wish.

wrightchipvcfc 05-04-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tasty_snacks (Post 15168220)
Top flight football is an entertainment business. We all know it and our own chairman and manager have admitted as much previously. Difficult under those circumstances to justify not offering a refund. People may choose to defer that refund if they so wish.

Think most fans when they know there be paying 5 6 hundred pound next season ticket at some stage will want or even need that 120 pound to put towards it I'm owed 4 away games as well so together that's 1/3 of next st those who dont need it good on them to let sp keep the money .

Bizarro 05-04-2020 05:37 PM

If I get a refund, I'll be buying a season ticket for Worthing FC with it, their need is much greater.

Chillo 05-04-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdMan (Post 15164388)
What's the alternative? They have to finish this season for all sorts of reasons. If that's done by the end of June then a full 20/21 season would be possible. But is that likely at this point?

The alternative is to focus on ending this season and worry about next season further on down the line.

Mick 05-04-2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarro (Post 15168563)
If I get a refund, I'll be buying a season ticket for Worthing FC with it, their need is much greater.

This is a good idea. I watch Didcot Town from time to time and I've already made a contribution to them based on game I might have gone to. Non league football is under a huge threat and we must look after the grassroots.

Oli28 05-04-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 15168746)
This is a good idea. I watch Didcot Town from time to time and I've already made a contribution to them based on game I might have gone to. Non league football is under a huge threat and we must look after the grassroots.

Hopefully we play a few non-league teams for match fitness before the season resumes (unless of course they resume behind closed doors, but even then I expect a few hundred palace fans would pay a tenner for a stream of bromley v palace if they knew the money would support the non league club)

le piddler 05-04-2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarro (Post 15168563)

Had a good couple of games against my local side Carshalton this season :p

EdMan 05-04-2020 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillo (Post 15168710)
The alternative is to focus on ending this season and worry about next season further on down the line.

That approach will work for a few weeks at least.:)

SussexRed&Blue 06-04-2020 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdMan (Post 15164388)

I think for money reasons and continuity the only way things can progress will be to complete the season behind closed doors.

Also i reckon if next season is to take place most of the games will need to be played behind closed doors will protect the broadcasting revenues for the Premier League clubs but not good for the fans.

Just can't see it safe for big crowds to come together on match day with this virus still doing the rounds. It will be difficult enough just to keep the players, coaches etc clear of it without any fan contact.

PeterH 06-04-2020 12:07 AM

Your refund will probably converted to Parish Points and a Club spend loaded on to a card.

The latter makes some sense...

....off you go.

xian1 11-04-2020 04:06 PM

Anyone paying the last instalment of their season tickets this month ? It is the last 10% and we are unlikely to see the remaining 4/19 home games which is 21%