CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   19/20 ST Corona Refund? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=281483)

cpfc4evandeva 27-03-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 15154186)
Mike Ashley deducted Geordie season ticket monies on Wednesday. For next season. What a hero.

I think to get to the kind of level that him, Branson, the Wetherspoons guy, etc get to, you have to basically have to have zero empathy.

Oli28 27-03-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle (Post 15154941)
That man is the absolute scum of the earth.

Harsh on palacemetros tbf

wedgetail 27-03-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 15155097)
I think to get to the kind of level that him, Branson, the Wetherspoons guy, etc get to, you have to basically have to have zero empathy.

Helps if you want to get rich though.

wrightchipvcfc 27-03-2020 03:23 PM

Suppose it's a personal thing I would presume all fans would want Bournemouth Liverpool Leicester and villa to give them there ticket money back if games are cancelled or played behind close doors as palace don't get this money .as for remaining home games some fans might be willing to let palace keep money if there in a finasial position to do that many won't tho and need money now more then ever so many people I know have lost or seen there income fall last few weeks .suppose it just comes down to how long there willing to delay season for before saying it's void or positions will be frozen where they are now ect

Ogilvy 27-03-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 15152637)
You guys are very charitable. I see a club that is in absolutely zero danger during all of this, whilst we're seeing local businesses dying. If offered, I would absolutely take my money back. If we were in the Championship, League 1, etc, I might think differently.

Absolutely, except I think Id want a refund in all pro leagues. I work for Macmillan and we will gladly take donations to help people living with cancer, or your local food bank?
Personal choice, with your 100 you could;

Pay multimillion pound footballer Bentekes wages for 9 mins
Pay 3 hours of a cancer nurse
Feed a family of 4 basic but healthily for 1 week.
Treat you and your loved ones to a family meal

Im struggling to see why anyone would go for option 1....

palacemetros 28-03-2020 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oli28 (Post 15155426)
Harsh on palacemetros tbf

:D

west country boy 28-03-2020 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 15155097)

And a micropenis. I guess that's why I'm so poor. Is there anyone on the BBS who goes on about how goddam successful they are?

Brett 28-03-2020 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15156211)
And a micropenis. I guess that's why I'm so poor. Is there anyone on the BBS who goes on about how goddam successful they are?

British fellow from Ulster. Scottish surname.

MFBias 28-03-2020 02:10 AM

120 is the least of our problems right now.

Shipp Ahoy! 28-03-2020 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15156232)
120 is the least of our problems right now.

Again, maybe to some.

But how about this scenario...

Family are having to live day to do because of their finances. As a result they have to go to the shop whenever they have enough to afford a meal or two.

Could result in several extra trips and ultimately cause an outbreak in that home. Family member considered vulnerable dies as a result....

That 120 could have meant a shop or two less and preventing a person or two catching it to prevent deaths.

cpfc4evandeva 28-03-2020 09:03 AM

If 120 doesn't mean much to you then:

1) It will mean absolutely **** all to a Premier League Football Club.

2) When we do get a refund, please feel free to send me yours if you're not that bothered by it :D

Ronnie9 28-03-2020 09:20 AM

Why should fans lose out on money. I am guessing the players have not volunteered to take a pay cut until the season resumes.

NRM the 2nd 28-03-2020 09:47 AM

Personally I'm not bothered about a refund. Would almost feel guilty asking when you see the affect this will have on so many people and businesses etc. Not saying the money back wouldn't help but I've just put this one down to one that's lost.

NRM the 2nd 28-03-2020 09:49 AM

Maybe instead of a refund, the next seasons are adjusted accordingly

EdMan 28-03-2020 10:09 AM

My solution would be to finish this season as and when possible. Then make next season a 19 game one. Every team plays every other team just once, venue to be decided by a draw. That way they’ll honour the current season tickets, and next season will be half price.

They have to finish this season I think, regardless. Maybe in a few months we’ll all be carrying ID to show we’ve been tested and are in the clear.

A lot can change in 3 months.

Lombardarian 28-03-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdMan (Post 15156380)
My solution would be to finish this season as and when possible. Then make next season a 19 game one. Every team plays every other team just once, venue to be decided by a draw. That way theyll honour the current season tickets, and next season will be half price.

They have to finish this season I think, regardless. Maybe in a few months well all be carrying ID to show weve been tested and are in the clear.

A lot can change in 3 months.

Yes, I was thinking this would be my choice how to proceed with next season given the circumstances.

cpfc4evandeva 28-03-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRM the 2nd (Post 15156363)
Personally I'm not bothered about a refund. Would almost feel guilty asking when you see the affect this will have on so many people and businesses etc. Not saying the money back wouldn't help but I've just put this one down to one that's lost.

Agree about feeling guilt with regard to small businesses, but surely that doesn't apply in this scenario?! If you feel bad about businesses going under, spend any refund you get on a local business that needs your help. CPFC do not need your help.

MFBias 28-03-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdMan (Post 15156380)

They have to finish this season I think, regardless. Maybe in a few months well all be carrying ID to show weve been tested and are in the clear.

**** me that sound draconian. The funny thing that people living in a liberal society immediately demand draconian measures as society slips.

EdMan 28-03-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15156428)
**** me that sound draconian. The funny thing that people living in a liberal society immediately demand draconian measures as society slips.

It does, but surely a price worth paying to keep the virus at bay. Obviously once we have id though, it's here to stay.

wrightchipvcfc 28-03-2020 05:03 PM

I'm sure parish would be quite happy for those who don't need or want a refund to email phone club to let them know then he can just pay back those who do want it spoke to a few st holders the majority of them want a refund . A couple of them are what I would call wealthy but see it if you can afford to pay players 100 million a year you can pay fans maybe 500 thousand or what ever it is.