CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   19/20 ST Corona Refund? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=281483)

SHIPEAGLE 31-03-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc (Post 15161062)
I know you buy away tickets for a few mates box office must owe you a good few quid but suppose they got to get money back from Bournemouth Liverpool ect

Yes that is correct but most of my group have paid me for all their away tickets and we are waiting to hear what is happening and we will either get to the games or i will get the tickets refunded and then pass the refunds to my mates

Nth Kent Eagle 31-03-2020 11:13 PM

It wouldn’t be acceptable to me if we pay for tickets for matches we don’t see but pampered players on tens of thousands a week still get full wages.

Palace Bear 31-03-2020 11:46 PM

Not sure how many ST holders we have but if you assume an average of £500 and 20k STs and round it up a bit for worst case scenario and to account maybe for boxes etc... maybe £150 person X 20k = £3m.

Clearly that is very sketchy maths but give a ball park. Even if it was double, wouldn’t take many weeks wages for the players to give up a little to cover the refunds.

That is of course if the season doesn’t recommence. Who knows?

Brett 02-04-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 15161272)
It wouldn’t be acceptable to me if we pay for tickets for matches we don’t see but pampered players on tens of thousands a week still get full wages.

^^^

In no rush for a resolution as bigger fish to fry and fortunately I'm not that close to the bone but NKE's sentiment here is correct.

Brummie Allan 02-04-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdMan (Post 15156380)
My solution would be to finish this season as and when possible. Then make next season a 19 game one. Every team plays every other team just once, venue to be decided by a draw. That way they’ll honour the current season tickets, and next season will be half price.

They have to finish this season I think, regardless. Maybe in a few months we’ll all be carrying ID to show we’ve been tested and are in the clear.

A lot can change in 3 months.

China already doing this on a mobile app so very easy to implement.

Chillo 02-04-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdMan (Post 15156380)
Then make next season a 19 game one. Every team plays every other team just once, venue to be decided by a draw. That way they’ll honour the current season tickets, and next season will be half price.

OK for us fans, but what about those not in the Premier league who rely much more heavily on ticket income and associated sales for their income?

Much of L1 and L2 etc. would no doubt go bust.

Brummie Allan 02-04-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpfcbob (Post 15160377)
I haven't canceled DD as am longterm ST holders and wish to continue next season, if that now even goes ahead now?

I still don't fully understand why so many on here are so here happy to NOT want a refund for at least 4 matches you've paid for yet will never see?
I half see why you may want to leave refundable monies to a charity but if you booked a holiday or a concert next month and it got canceled due to corona, would you fling that off as a charitable loss? Or would you enquire about a refund?

Back in 2010 I bought 1 ST then a year later got a second ST, I did this to support the club at that time, I never envisaged coming down to 95% of home match like we do. I know after 7 seasons in the premier league we are in a different position now but I still see it as supporting the club. I don't look at Crystal Palace FC as a business supplying me a product or service so I don't care if I get the small amount of money back or not.

On the other hand we've got 6 tickets to Villa and 2 to Leicester that I do want back as I don't support them.

EdMan 02-04-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillo (Post 15163791)
OK for us fans, but what about those not in the Premier league who rely much more heavily on ticket income and associated sales for their income?

Much of L1 and L2 etc. would no doubt go bust.

What's the alternative? They have to finish this season for all sorts of reasons. If that's done by the end of June then a full 20/21 season would be possible. But is that likely at this point?

cpfc4evandeva 02-04-2020 05:57 PM

This thread is a little too much 'I'm a better fan than you' for my liking.

tasty_snacks 05-04-2020 01:32 PM

Top flight football is an entertainment business. We all know it and our own chairman and manager have admitted as much previously. Difficult under those circumstances to justify not offering a refund. People may choose to defer that refund if they so wish.

wrightchipvcfc 05-04-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tasty_snacks (Post 15168220)
Top flight football is an entertainment business. We all know it and our own chairman and manager have admitted as much previously. Difficult under those circumstances to justify not offering a refund. People may choose to defer that refund if they so wish.

Think most fans when they know there be paying 5 6 hundred pound next season ticket at some stage will want or even need that 120 pound to put towards it I'm owed 4 away games as well so together that's 1/3 of next st those who dont need it good on them to let sp keep the money .

Bizarro 05-04-2020 05:37 PM

If I get a refund, I'll be buying a season ticket for Worthing FC with it, their need is much greater.

Chillo 05-04-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdMan (Post 15164388)
What's the alternative? They have to finish this season for all sorts of reasons. If that's done by the end of June then a full 20/21 season would be possible. But is that likely at this point?

The alternative is to focus on ending this season and worry about next season further on down the line.

Mick 05-04-2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarro (Post 15168563)
If I get a refund, I'll be buying a season ticket for Worthing FC with it, their need is much greater.

This is a good idea. I watch Didcot Town from time to time and I've already made a contribution to them based on game I might have gone to. Non league football is under a huge threat and we must look after the grassroots.

Oli28 05-04-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 15168746)
This is a good idea. I watch Didcot Town from time to time and I've already made a contribution to them based on game I might have gone to. Non league football is under a huge threat and we must look after the grassroots.

Hopefully we play a few non-league teams for match fitness before the season resumes (unless of course they resume behind closed doors, but even then I expect a few hundred palace fans would pay a tenner for a stream of bromley v palace if they knew the money would support the non league club)

le piddler 05-04-2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarro (Post 15168563)
If I get a refund, I'll be buying a season ticket for Worthing FC with it, their need is much greater.

Had a good couple of games against my local side Carshalton this season :p

EdMan 05-04-2020 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillo (Post 15168710)
The alternative is to focus on ending this season and worry about next season further on down the line.

That approach will work for a few weeks at least.:)

SussexRed&Blue 06-04-2020 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdMan (Post 15164388)
What's the alternative? They have to finish this season for all sorts of reasons. If that's done by the end of June then a full 20/21 season would be possible. But is that likely at this point?

I think for money reasons and continuity the only way things can progress will be to complete the season behind closed doors.

Also i reckon if next season is to take place most of the games will need to be played behind closed doors will protect the broadcasting revenues for the Premier League clubs but not good for the fans.

Just can't see it safe for big crowds to come together on match day with this virus still doing the rounds. It will be difficult enough just to keep the players, coaches etc clear of it without any fan contact.

PeterH 06-04-2020 12:07 AM

Your refund will probably converted to Parish Points and a Club spend loaded on to a card.

The latter makes some sense...

....off you go.

xian1 11-04-2020 04:06 PM

Anyone paying the last instalment of their season tickets this month ? It is the last 10% and we are unlikely to see the remaining 4/19 home games which is 21%


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.