CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   19/20 ST Corona Refund? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=281483)

cpfc4evandeva 21-06-2020 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mether (Post 15268278)
I paid cash for 2 Friends season tickets, think Iím going to have to contact the box office.

Which two? Ross and Rachel? Joey and Chandler? Monica and Phoebe?

spy 21-06-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosie (Post 15268757)
You can allocate one to each option if you want, or two to one and two to another, or all four to one option so on and so forth.

if you donate the equivalent of one ticket to the academy you get fewer benefits than if you donate two or more, but you get to keep more of your money

I only have one ticket though and my email says if my refund due was £100 then I could split it with £25 going to each option!

Woosie 21-06-2020 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spy (Post 15268767)
I only have one ticket though and my email says if my refund due was £100 then I could split it with £25 going to each option!

You have one ticket but for the purpose of this process your ticket is split into four separate match tickets rather than one season ticket.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS78 (Post 15268761)
If you have to organise say 4 STs...Can you pick and choose all of those, 16 tickets where you like?

Not sure if the person who purchased the 4STs would be the one to allocate them but if so then I would think the equivalent of 16 individual tickets to donate to whatever options you prefer.

spy 21-06-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosie (Post 15268770)
You have one ticket but for the purpose of this process your ticket is split into four separate match tickets rather than one season ticket.

Not sure if the person who purchased the 4STs would be the one to allocate them but if so then yes the equivalent of 16 individual tickets to donate to whatever options you prefer.

Ah thanks, I get it now thanks - I thought the number of tickets was related to how many season tickets you were getting refunded!

Chobham Eagle 21-06-2020 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS78 (Post 15268761)
If you have to organise say 4 STs...Can you pick and choose all of those, 16 tickets where you like?

Not as I understand it. Youíve got to apportion each refund in the same way for all the STs you bought.

ollie_porter 21-06-2020 10:59 PM

The email is written so badly it's quite embarrassing.

Let's hope it's easier to choose the option you want on Thursday.

palacemetros 21-06-2020 11:54 PM

stinky 22-06-2020 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie_porter (Post 15268911)
The email is written so badly it's quite embarrassing.

Let's hope it's easier to choose the option you want on Thursday.

Agree the wording is bad, but also think it'll be easy to choose when the time comes

Kirby 22-06-2020 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForzaPalace (Post 15267940)
Yes

Cheers.

Refund it is.

karl.eldridge 22-06-2020 12:47 PM

Decided to go for the 50% refund and Academy/Training Ground visit. Would love to get a signed shirt framed.

Sureagle 22-06-2020 02:09 PM

Really badly drafted plan and poorly worded email.

If three people bought season tickets separately, each could donate to academy project and get all the benefits plus combined total of 600 loyalty points.

If one person bought all three tickets and donated entire proceeds to academy, only one person would get academy benefits and sum total of 400 loyalty points. I know there are extra some benefits such as £10 and £20 vouchers but it is still more attractive for people who may be considering donating to academy to do on an individual basis as opposed to on group basis. But box office does not give you option to do this on individual basis if the season tickets were originally purchased by one person for a group of people.

For that reason, in my case, although I would have seriously considered donating, it will now be the best option to take a credit towards next season ticket or a refund.

Brett 22-06-2020 02:57 PM

So tone deaf by Palace it's unreal. There's probably £2.5m to £3m sitting in available refunds.

Even if that is divided between just the ten highest earners, and we'll throw Parish in this bracket, that's £250k to £300k to be funded by each (over the course of six months or whatever deduction period you want). Sounds a lot but actually is that worse to a multimillionaire than £120 might be to a fan who has just lost their job?

That's notwithstanding dividing the cost up between our American friends and TV income, to lessen the burden on already fabulously wealthy individuals.

And then dangling Parish Points on top of it. Sorry, think it's a gross act of piss-taking on multiple levels and I'm saying that as someone who was going to leave my money in. Because this is going to impact and cause turnouts to the fans on the lowest incomes, in the most vulnerable situations, and a tone deaf rich bloke is playing emotional blackmail with them on something that could very well be their only outlet.

Not that I'd expect Philip from Tunbridge Wells to understand.

It's even more galling considering what the club did do previously, but then you think were they buttering the fans up for this, or God forbid, ghost billing the entire fanbase for all the phone calls and foodbank contributions? Why does the club always take the tawdry option when there is a pound note at stake?

ForzaPalace 22-06-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl.eldridge (Post 15269313)
Decided to go for the 50% refund and Academy/Training Ground visit. Would love to get a signed shirt framed.

That's a good idea now you mention it...

Malarkey 22-06-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malarkey (Post 15266285)
Just sent an email asking where my refund email is, and why I have no option to refund on the site (and the "refund price" is blank).

Not sure what's going on there.

Couldn't believe the response I received to this...Effectively said "check the website for more information".

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 22-06-2020 03:21 PM

I still haven't had a refund message for my season tickets? Has everyone got theirs now?

Malarkey 22-06-2020 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels (Post 15269540)
I still haven't had a refund message for my season tickets? Has everyone got theirs now?

Nope.

917L 22-06-2020 03:42 PM

Got mine yesterday, says will be able to process from 25th at 0900

Penstone Eagle 22-06-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malarkey (Post 15269532)
Couldn't believe the response I received to this...Effectively said "check the website for more information".

The 'personal touch' from the club.

Matt Jansen 22-06-2020 04:18 PM

Looks like the 50% off given to the E400 as compensation for being displaced means the refund being offered is a pro rata of that discounted price.

Whilst that may make sense from the clubs point of view, it means that those displaced have not received the full benefit of that discount.

Palace will have saved tens of thousands on short changing people in this situation, me included.

wrightchipvcfc 22-06-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureagle (Post 15269401)
Really badly drafted plan and poorly worded email.

If three people bought season tickets separately, each could donate to academy project and get all the benefits plus combined total of 600 loyalty points.

If one person bought all three tickets and donated entire proceeds to academy, only one person would get academy benefits and sum total of 400 loyalty points. I know there are extra some benefits such as £10 and £20 vouchers but it is still more attractive for people who may be considering donating to academy to do on an individual basis as opposed to on group basis. But box office does not give you option to do this on individual basis if the season tickets were originally purchased by one person for a group of people.

For that reason, in my case, although I would have seriously considered donating, it will now be the best option to take a credit towards next season
ticket or a refund.

Does seem strange that maybe club will even it up so you all get the deal separately