CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   19/20 ST Corona Refund? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=281483)

RCUK 13-04-2020 10:13 PM

I would say deduct it off next seasons ticket rather than a refund as prob easier to do as well.

Nth Kent Eagle 13-04-2020 10:27 PM

Especially as many paid it in one go upfront. It will be interesting if the season does finish with the last 4 home games being played behind closed doors. Will we receive a refund? I can see no justification for not returning the money people paid for the away matches at B’Mouth, Liverpool and Villa because there is no way you will be allowed to attend.

cpfc4evandeva 14-04-2020 09:06 AM

Surely they have to refund if the last 4 games are not played/behind closed doors. We're hardly in financial trouble, so it would be completely inconceivable that the club wouldn't refund for those games on a pro-rata basis.

Gazza2 14-04-2020 11:32 AM

Home gate receipts over a full 19 game Prem season are about £10.5m (if cup games are excluded) with approx £1.5m of that coming from away fan ticket sales.

Therefore, home fans pay about £475k per Prem match at Selhurst.
I would estimate that about £125k of that comes from the approx 4k of tickets sold to non season ticket holder home fans.

So to refund season ticket holders would cost about £350k per game. So let's round it up and call it about £1.5m for the 4 remaining home games.

HRP 14-04-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza2 (Post 15182329)
Home gate receipts over a full 19 game Prem season are about £10.5m (if cup games are excluded) with approx £1.5m of that coming from away fan ticket sales.

Therefore, home fans pay about £475k per Prem match at Selhurst.
I would estimate that about £125k of that comes from the approx 4k of tickets sold to non season ticket holder home fans.

So to refund season ticket holders would cost about £350k per game. So let's round it up and call it about £1.5m for the 4 remaining home games.

Peanuts to a club in the premier league, the longer this goes on the worse the taste in my mouth.

Tomo 14-04-2020 04:36 PM

Once clubs know what is going on, then they will let people know what the drill is.

The likelihood is the games will be played behind closed doors.

Of course people will get their money back. But imagine the ballache of refunding 10,000 plus people and then the games somehow do go ahead.

I'm really not sure why people are expecting refunds yet.

xian1 14-04-2020 04:55 PM

I see my final DD is pending for tomorrow

HRP 15-04-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 15182692)
Once clubs know what is going on, then they will let people know what the drill is.

Of course people will get their money back. But imagine the ballache of refunding 10,000 plus people and then the games somehow do go ahead.

Theyíve made it harder, away tickets for Liverpool havnt been posted out. Itís really not that difficult to refund everyone who purchased them. How much interest are they making on OUR money

andyocpfc 15-04-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 15182692)

Agreed - my money was taken out on my DD a couple of weeks ago and I have no problem with that. We will get it back with either games being played in months to come or knocked off next season's, season tickets.

The only objection I would have is if they substitute the home ticket for a stream for a behind closed doors.

chav_hater 15-04-2020 09:41 AM

We won’t get cash back. We will get money off next year, conveniently an amount equal to the price rise so we end up paying the same as we did this year.

Mr Mojo Risin 15-04-2020 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 15183611)
Agreed - my money was taken out on my DD a couple of weeks ago and I have no problem with that. We will get it back with either games being played in months to come or knocked off next season's, season tickets.

The only objection I would have is if they substitute the home ticket for a stream for a behind closed doors.

Tbh if they play games behind closed doors I doubt we would get any money back, they would just make it free for ST holders.

Games on a stream could be a money spinner for clubs as far more people could watch on a stream than could go to a game as you arenít limited by a groundís capacity, travel time etc

cpfc4evandeva 15-04-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin (Post 15183836)
Tbh if they play games behind closed doors I doubt we would get any money back, they would just make it free for ST holders.

Games on a stream could be a money spinner for clubs as far more people could watch on a stream than could go to a game as you aren’t limited by a ground’s capacity, travel time etc

That would be absolutely outrageous. No one pays more than a few quid for a stream, certainly not £25 - the cost pro rata of my season ticket.

Tomo 15-04-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRP (Post 15183456)
They’ve made it harder, away tickets for Liverpool havnt been posted out. It’s really not that difficult to refund everyone who purchased them. How much interest are they making on OUR money

Liverpool probably have that money...

And what exactly have they made harder?

Tomo 15-04-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 15183840)
That would be absolutely outrageous. No one pays more than a few quid for a stream, certainly not £25 - the cost pro rata of my season ticket.

Yep. Zero chance would that be fair, and I very much doubt that would be a solution.

palacemetros 15-04-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav_hater (Post 15183703)
We wonít get cash back. We will get money off next year, conveniently an amount equal to the price rise so we end up paying the same as we did this year.

They will have to offer a money back arrangement because not everyone will renew.

Crozzy71 15-04-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRP (Post 15183456)
Theyíve made it harder, away tickets for Liverpool havnt been posted out. Itís really not that difficult to refund everyone who purchased them. How much interest are they making on OUR money

On the basis that BOE rate is 0.1% i would imagine nothing.

ollie_porter 15-04-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 15183922)
Yep. Zero chance would that be fair, and I very much doubt that would be a solution.

It wouldn't surprise me if this happened but so many complications with regards to how much the PL owe Sky Sports / BT if they cant show the games. Who's going to pay for those services if the clubs are streaming themselves?

chav_hater 15-04-2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palacemetros (Post 15183927)
They will have to offer a money back arrangement because not everyone will renew.

Club shop credit for those who donít want to renew.

I will be amazed if we get cold hard currency back.

Gollum 15-04-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav_hater (Post 15183703)
We wonít get cash back. We will get money off next year, conveniently an amount equal to the price rise so we end up paying the same as we did this year.

They will offer both. Rebate against next season's tickets or money back.

ollie_porter 15-04-2020 12:34 PM

The club are still taking my x2 direct debits, which I do find slightly inappropriate as there's no way I'll be going back to Selhurst this season.