CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   19/20 ST Corona Refund? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=281483)

Tomo 15-04-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie_porter (Post 15183970)
The club are still taking my x2 direct debits, which I do find slightly inappropriate as there's no way I'll be going back to Selhurst this season.

But then what about all those who paid up front? What if the season starts in 6 months and games can be played with fans (unlikely I know)?

GreatGonzo 15-04-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav_hater (Post 15183961)
Club shop credit for those who donít want to renew.

I will be amazed if we get cold hard currency back.

The club have sold a seat to watch the game live at the stadium. If they do not provide that then they will need to offer a refund as they have not been able to provide the goods or service agreed.

palacemetros 15-04-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav_hater (Post 15183961)
Club shop credit for those who donít want to renew.

I will be amazed if we get cold hard currency back.

But I can't sit at home and watch Bayern Munich vs Manchester Citeh in a Palace replica top! ;)

palacemetros 15-04-2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 15184005)
The club have sold a seat to watch the game live at the stadium. If they do not provide that then they will need to offer a refund as they have not been able to provide the goods or service agreed.

Is the correct and sensible answer. I suspect refunds will not be made available until the end of the current season however. It is the definition of "end of season" that is the moot point. As far as refunds on away games is concerned, I see no viable excuse for this not to be done with immediate effect.

wrightchipvcfc 15-04-2020 02:12 PM

Prem clubs will have to give refunds or there get slaughtered by the media just look reaction spurs Liverpool ect got for there recent antics unfortunately for them they are seen as rich and a target if people think there taking the pxxx and keeping fans money would come under this carergery

ollie_porter 15-04-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomo (Post 15183990)
But then what about all those who paid up front? What if the season starts in 6 months and games can be played with fans (unlikely I know)?

They should get refunds. But stopping direct debits would be relatively simple.

There's no way these games are going to be played at Selhurst with fans there :(

GreatGonzo 15-04-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palacemetros (Post 15184022)
Is the correct and sensible answer. I suspect refunds will not be made available until the end of the current season however. It is the definition of "end of season" that is the moot point. As far as refunds on away games is concerned, I see no viable excuse for this not to be done with immediate effect.

Why immediate effect?

Whilst unlikely it has not yet been ruled out that games can go ahead at clubs grounds. If they delay the resumption till August/September then that could potentially happen.

As soon as a decision is taken which rules out games taking place at Selhurst then we should be offered the refund.

cpfc4evandeva 15-04-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc (Post 15184045)
Prem clubs will have to give refunds or there get slaughtered by the media just look reaction spurs Liverpool ect got for there recent antics unfortunately for them they are seen as rich and a target if people think there taking the pxxx and keeping fans money would come under this carergery

I often feel sorry for those unfortunate multi-millionaires :)

Tomo 15-04-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie_porter (Post 15184072)
They should get refunds. But stopping direct debits would be relatively simple.

There's no way these games are going to be played at Selhurst with fans there :(

yes, but if it takes ages to sort refunds (and how can you refund for a scenario that hasn't yet been decided?).

You're then showing favourable support to those who have paid in D/D rather than those who've coughed up straight away.

palacemetros 15-04-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 15184074)
Why immediate effect?

Whilst unlikely it has not yet been ruled out that games can go ahead at clubs grounds. If they delay the resumption till August/September then that could potentially happen.

As soon as a decision is taken which rules out games taking place at Selhurst then we should be offered the refund.

With immediate effect for away games GG. We don't know when they will be. We don't know if we can travel or attend. We don't know if we will be available or even want to attend on a rearrangement. What about travel? There are so many unknowns for the sake of 2-3,000 tickets. It would be better to at least offer a refund and if these games take place, available away tickets can go back on sale in the normal fashion.

alexcpfc 17-04-2020 11:44 PM

The simple solution will be to give all ST holders a discount on next season.

Bizarro 17-04-2020 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexcpfc (Post 15186939)
The simple solution will be to give all ST holders a discount on next season.

Are people going to buy season tickets for next year though.

Salad_Burnet 18-04-2020 12:11 AM

I didn't renew this year after they said on the final day of last season that I had to wait for the E400 lot to have first dibs on my seat. They said I had to go on a list instead. I was insulted, and I didn't bother.

It was good timing for a break.

I know it's easy for me to say it because I didn't renew, but I think all Palace fans have a duty to forego any refund the club might offer. We don't know what the clubs sources of income are with regards TV, and how it might be affected by CV19. At the end of the day, it's only five games or so.

palacemetros 18-04-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 15186964)
I didn't renew this year after they said on the final day of last season that I had to wait for the E400 lot to have first dibs on my seat. They said I had to go on a list instead. I was insulted, and I didn't bother.

It was good timing for a break.

I know it's easy for me to say it because I didn't renew, but I think all Palace fans have a duty to forego any refund the club might offer. We don't know what the clubs sources of income are with regards TV, and how it might be affected by CV19. At the end of the day, it's only five games or so.

I tell you what. I'll do that if ALL players and management forego their salary for the same period. Fair enough?

Salad_Burnet 18-04-2020 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palacemetros (Post 15186969)
I tell you what. I'll do that if ALL players and management forego their salary for the same period. Fair enough?

I've been saying that all along. For me it's about protecting the club. We support the club, we don't support the players.

PeterH 19-04-2020 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 15184005)
The club have sold a seat to watch the game live at the stadium. If they do not provide that then they will need to offer a refund as they have not been able to provide the goods or service agreed.

What about if the Club make the live game available to season ticket holders on Palace TV via agreement with Sky etc.. For games that aren't picked for TV.

cpfc4evandeva 19-04-2020 09:24 AM

Watching a game on TV isn't going to a game.

redandblue 19-04-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 15186964)
I didn't renew this year after they said on the final day of last season that I had to wait for the E400 lot to have first dibs on my seat. They said I had to go on a list instead. I was insulted, and I didn't bother.

.

How did this work ?
E400 only had first dibs on non renewed or vacant seats

redandblue 19-04-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15188494)
What about if the Club make the live game available to season ticket holders on Palace TV via agreement with Sky etc.. For games that aren't picked for TV.


We are not Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal supporters who consider going to match watching on TV

many people donít have access to palace tv on a big screen

Itís also unfair where some homes have multiple season tickets and some homes have a single season ticket and the product would be available W equally.

Even for a PPv event it is not close to cost of our season ticket per game.

I would be happy for a credit to be used over then next couple of years against anything the club sells. The thing that bothers me is that I would not trust them not to increase the cost f season tickets by a similar amount to the voucher.

PeterH 19-04-2020 09:54 AM

It might have escaped your notices that there is a crisis going. Going to watch the games in the stadium may well not be possible.

Isn't it better to get the season done and dusted in any way possible rather than squeeking about it not being the same as going to the game, or worrying about a refund.

It's called making sacrifices.

Jesus no wonder people were fighting over loo role.

Most of you are right selfish twerps when it comes down to the core of things.

Thank feck for the nurses, doctors and bin collectors etc..

A choice of a live TV game or played behind closed doors with no access.

Nope you'll still want to see it and get your money back as well.

No better than Mike Ashley and the Premier footballers refusing to take cuts. Different scale, same problem.

Oh it's not fair. Listen to yourselves.

That's why SP and others can't be bothered with the fans. Right bunch of moaning minnies, for what a hundred quid. A hundred quid when there are nigh on a 1,000 deaths a day.

Maybe people need it for the credit they racked buying bog rolls and extra freezers.

And the club could sell the subscription to those without season tickets for extra income.

It's a solution in times of crisis. And better than nothing.

It's all hypothetical anyhow. It might get all sorted soon. Plus Sky and the likes won't allow it. Maybe Sky and partners will cover all the games.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.