CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   19/20 ST Corona Refund? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=281483)

Cpfcbob 24-03-2020 06:58 PM

19/20 ST Corona Refund?

Let's be honest the season is over, we will be in lockdown long past the close of the season and with 4 more home games, Burnley, Chelsea, ManU, Tottenham how is the club going to refund us? Each adult ST equates to around £30 a seat. 4*£30 = £120 refund per adult ST.

SussexRed&Blue 24-03-2020 07:24 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a long time before any games are played again and the clubs are committed to completing the existing season.

I think it maybe ambitious to think that next season will happen at all.

Finish the games and then it will be straight into the Euros possibly.

Season scheduled for 2021/2022 may not happen as wouldn't have enough time to complete a 38 game season?

JAS78 24-03-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue (Post 15152165)
I wouldn't be surprised if it is a long time before any games are played again and the clubs are committed to completing the existing season.

I think it maybe ambitious to think that next season will happen at all.

Finish the games and then it will be straight into the Euros possibly.

Season scheduled for 2021/2022 may not happen as wouldn't have enough time to complete a 38 game season?

You mean 20/21 is in danger

This season will probably be restarted August/September earliest, going by a rough China time line. Probably behind closed doors and after all participants have been tested, hopefully they can also test for those that have already had it by then

Maybe a deduction on the next ST as a refund, tbh not really fussed just write it off itís money spent

Difficult to see many FL/non league clubs surviving that long

Ryan_the_eagle 24-03-2020 07:44 PM

Does it really matter at the moment. The people who make these decisions should be at home in isolation. I’m as worried about my job after this is over as a lot of people. Work has dried up for my firm, but that money went out of my account over a year ago so is very low down on the list of concerns at the moment.

SussexRed&Blue 24-03-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS78 (Post 15152182)
You mean 20/21 is in danger

This season will probably be restarted August/September earliest, going by a rough China time line. Probably behind closed doors and after all participants have been tested, hopefully they can also test for those that have already had it by then

Maybe a deduction on the next ST as a refund, tbh not really fussed just write it off itís money spent

Difficult to see many FL/non league clubs surviving that long

Yes i know it sounds extreme that 20/21 could be in danger but this season needs to be completed as agreed by Premier League and would need a pretty big catch up to complete the 38 game season especially with the Euros at the end of that season.

Not as if you can have a half season as the teams need to really play each other home and away to make it a level playing field.

GreatGonzo 24-03-2020 09:10 PM

They won't sacrifice next season in order to finish this one.

Everything depends on when things can start getting back to normal.

If games can resume in June, maybe early July there is a chance for this season, if not it is likely toast.

If games cannot restart till Jan next year then maybe they will lose next season but by them most clubs will have gone bust.

SussexRed&Blue 24-03-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 15152256)
They won't sacrifice next season in order to finish this one.

Everything depends on when things can start getting back to normal.

If games can resume in June, maybe early July there is a chance for this season, if not it is likely toast.

If games cannot restart till Jan next year then maybe they will lose next season but by them most clubs will have gone bust.

It maybe possible to get the games completed behind closed doors under very stringent conditions just to complete the season.

Probably the authorities may worry though about the home fans congretating outside the stadium to welcome the home team.

CP Satellite 24-03-2020 10:47 PM

I’m sure I read somewhere that shortly before WWII, there was a dispute between the Football League and the Pools companies over revenue that lead to the League refusing to produce public fixture lists.

For a few weeks, home fans would turn up not knowing who their club was about to play and away fans had little or no time to make travel arrangements.

The League had to back down eventually after the chaos surrounding their decision hit clubs and fans more than the dispute that caused it!

Brummie Allan 25-03-2020 07:13 AM

If it's only £120 and even less on mine about £80 the club can keep it.

HOVE EAGLE 25-03-2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brummie Allan (Post 15152457)

Give it to a worthwhile charity?

Dorking .Eagle 25-03-2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP Satellite (Post 15152303)
Iím sure I read somewhere that shortly before WWII, there was a dispute between the Football League and the Pools companies over revenue that lead to the League refusing to produce public fixture lists.

For a few weeks, home fans would turn up not knowing who their club was about to play and away fans had little or no time to make travel arrangements.

The League had to back down eventually after the chaos surrounding their decision hit clubs and fans more than the dispute that caused it!

It was known as the Pools War. There is a section about it in Nigel Sand's A-Z of Crystal Palace book

ForzaPalace 25-03-2020 08:45 AM

If they cancelled any outstanding Direct Debits for the rest of the season, that's a fair chunk of money to miss out on considering we're not making anything at the moment from us fans. I'm happy to pay the remaining payments personally.

Even if the season does get finished, it needs to be behind closed doors or we'll be basically inviting the second wave on with a red carpet reception

Garfy 25-03-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brummie Allan (Post 15152457)

Ditto

cpfc4evandeva 25-03-2020 09:27 AM

You guys are very charitable. I see a club that is in absolutely zero danger during all of this, whilst we're seeing local businesses dying. If offered, I would absolutely take my money back. If we were in the Championship, League 1, etc, I might think differently.

Tomo 25-03-2020 09:44 AM

If I could get the money then great. But it's money I've budgeted for.

I would hope that all PL clubs will give fans the option for a refund, or that your S/T money goes into a pot that helps other clubs stay afloat. Basic maths, would say that if we've got 10,000 S.T holders (I know we have more), and it's all about 100 quid remaining, that we could give 100k to a club(s) who are struggling. That might just see a couple of lower league clubs the chance to survive.

Edit: Would be a million!

Dave Hedgehog 25-03-2020 09:49 AM

Feels way too early to think about refunds given we haven't even missed a match yet - next home game would have been early April, wasn't it?

Given the situation, I'd be happy to accept something like a donation to the Palace Foundation or another charity based on the cost of the remaining games. But I understand why others will want their money back.

Shipp Ahoy! 25-03-2020 10:13 AM

There's some very noble sentiments on here, but I'm sure I'm not the only one looking at the bank balance considering when I won't be able to pay for food let alone bills!

£80-£120 could make an enormous difference.

It's one thing to budget 12 months ago for the spend but I don't think anyone budgeted anything for a global pandemic in advance!

GreatGonzo 25-03-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue (Post 15152263)
It maybe possible to get the games completed behind closed doors under very stringent conditions just to complete the season.

Probably the authorities may worry though about the home fans congretating outside the stadium to welcome the home team.

Biggest reason to complete the season is financial like most things.

If clubs don't have fans in the stadium they will miss out on millions, a drop in the ocean compared to what will be lost in TV revenue if the games are not televised.

The evidence suggests that having people group together in living rooms is more harmful than at stadia. Not to mention the revenue broadcasters make from pubs showing games is huge and that money might not be forthcoming.

Whether it is possible to play the games or not, the bigger issues will be financial.

GreatGonzo 25-03-2020 10:27 AM

Club not yet offering any refunds on tickets bought for games like Bournemouth. Have to wait for re-arrangement to be announced.

Jim Cannon 25-03-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 15152729)
Club not yet offering any refunds on tickets bought for games like Bournemouth. Have to wait for re-arrangement to be announced.

LOL good luck with that one