CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Sonos One (Gen 2) smart speaker (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=282542)

Jimmy Eagle 16-09-2020 11:07 AM

Sonos One (Gen 2) smart speaker

Anyone got one? What do you think of it?

I'm thinking of getting one but I've heard that connectivity and use of Alexa is a bit hit and miss...

Maz 16-09-2020 12:03 PM

Wrong forum.

But Bluesound.

TAK 16-09-2020 01:41 PM

Just ordered a pair but won't have them in my hands for another two weeks. The plan is to add an Arc then the sub but I don't have the spare cash to bite the bullet in one shot (read that as wife's permission to spend silly money).

I'll report back when I have them if you still haven't made your mind up.

El Aguila 16-09-2020 01:45 PM

Spend first, answer questions afterwards. Just bought a titanium bike.

TAK 16-09-2020 02:09 PM

I usually do but we're under lock down and in close quarters. I can't go and hide in the bar anymore.

Smithers-Jones 16-09-2020 05:28 PM

I've Sonos speakers I guess they're first generation...good sound but next time I'd stick to Bluetooth for the ease. Also I think they're gonna stop supporting them soon. The soundbar is great though and probably better than a speaker

Stavros 69 16-09-2020 05:30 PM

I have a Sonos soundbar and am really impressed with it.
I don’t think the Sonos App is very slick, but none are when it comes to multi room use.

Don-Donovani 16-09-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15405927)
Spend first, answer questions afterwards. Just bought a titanium bike.

You bought a what???

Night Eagle 16-09-2020 06:35 PM

I've compared Sonos to Bose, and while Sonos was built on the multi-room solution, Bose speakers do it for me every time.

I also use Amazon Alexa Echo speakers around the house, and Alexa is far more accessible whereas the built in version in Sonos speakers isn't very good and you need to shout several times for any kind of acknowledgement - a bit like me and my wife! :)

stinky 16-09-2020 06:37 PM

We have a 1x Sonos One in the kitchen, 2x Sonos One in the lounge as a stereo pair, 1x Sonos One in the Nursery, and 1x Sonos 3 in our bedroom. They work great. Hardwire one into the router and leave the rest wireless. Would love one of the Sonos soundbars in our lounge, which would turn the 2x Sonos One into a surround sound set up, but they're so expensive.

knowlesyUCLA 17-09-2020 04:41 PM

I have got the Beam for the living room and then a Sonos One (gen 2) for the kitchen/dining room. I would definitely recommend then - high quality sound (especially the beam) and the multiroom is great. Agree though that the Alexa microphone doesnt always pick up your voice very well, especially in the kitchen where there is a good amount of background noise.

El Aguila 17-09-2020 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Don-Donovani (Post 15406358)
You bought a what???

Attachment 54117

stinky 17-09-2020 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knowlesyUCLA (Post 15408002)
I have got the Beam for the living room and then a Sonos One (gen 2) for the kitchen/dining room. I would definitely recommend then - high quality sound (especially the beam) and the multiroom is great. Agree though that the Alexa microphone doesnt always pick up your voice very well, especially in the kitchen where there is a good amount of background noise.

Our speakers are the older ones. Don't feel like I'm missing out by not having Alexa built in. Got a free Google Home Hub with my phone, and can link that up to my Sonos speakers so if I ever feel the need to ask it to play something I can (I've never once done it)