CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Blind_Eagle 06-06-2021 08:29 PM

Kipling was a fruit picker?

RazorsEdge 06-06-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15827550)

Very good :)

art malice 06-06-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15827570)
Very good :)

Exceedingly surely.

RazorsEdge 06-06-2021 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15827585)
Exceedingly surely.

I agree Exceedingly.

Maidstoned Eagle 06-06-2021 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15827550)

He was a better man than you Gunga Din

Stellavista 07-06-2021 06:27 PM

Having put my trusty, built like a Soviet-era tank, Blackberry Key One in for a charger port replacement, I am currently using my wife’s spare iPhone. What a piece of shit it is. How the f*ck do you lot put up with them? Expensive garbage.

Maidstoned Eagle 07-06-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15829408)
Having put my trusty, built like a Soviet-era tank, Blackberry Key One in for a charger port replacement, I am currently using my wife’s spare iPhone. What a piece of shit it is. How the f*ck do you lot put up with them? Expensive garbage.

Marketing and peer pressure.

Stellavista 07-06-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15829415)
Marketing and peer pressure.

People actively want to be sold, and use, overpriced shite? Is there any hope for humanity? F*cking madness. Never had one, but are Samsung any better?

pallet 07-06-2021 06:45 PM

Sadly we now in live in an era whete what you have seems more important than what you are

Maidstoned Eagle 07-06-2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15829420)
People actively want to be sold, and use, overpriced shite? Is there any hope for humanity? F*cking madness. Never had one, but are Samsung any better?

To me theyre just a phone, as long as it makes calls and i can use several apps I dont care. I now have a "indestructable" Blackview which can withstand bangs and being dropped in water, which has happened whilst on playground duty. (Thought I soon have 3 months holiday so hopefully it will be ok for the beach and lounging by the pool)

I remember a mates son going on and on about why the iPhone is "the best phone you can get....but its very fragile" He missed the point when I said that, because of its fragility its obviously not "the best".

Sharkba1t 07-06-2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Lol, they are overly expensive, but if you have an iPad, then you can use the iPhone in pretty much in the same way. I'm an old fart and useless with tech, and find the iPhone ok tbh.
But what do i know.

Sharkba1t 07-06-2021 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15827416)
At least we now know fruit pickers work hard, nice to know someone is

The Southern US rely on the extremely hard work of Mexicans to do the fruit picking and the hard farm work. Yet apparently they are all rapists. Where do they find the time!

Stellavista 07-06-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 15829430)
Lol, they are overly expensive, but if you have an iPad, then you can use the iPhone in pretty much in the same way. I'm an old fart and useless with tech, and find the iPhone ok tbh.
But what do i know.

I don’t have any issue using technology or adapting to new kit, but when it’s plainly shite, I’m not going to endorse it. Three days with this heap of crap will be more than enough.
But I know I am getting old when I read ‘Traditional touchscreen facility’.

I suppose I’ve seen it all, having had my first mobile phone in 1986.

Bintang 07-06-2021 07:34 PM

Seeing Kay Burley back on Sky News

chrisophiex 07-06-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Ladies and Gentlemen.....we’ve found him. Britain’s last BlackBerry user

:)

Stellavista 07-06-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 15829525)
Ladies and Gentlemen.....we’ve found him. Britain’s last BlackBerry user

:)

Certainly our phone suppliers no longer issue them, but surprisingly they are still quite sought after, and parts are readily available and cheap. There is a new 5G model due later this year. Personally, I prefer a physical keyboard, as well as a touch screen that is far more responsive than this piece of Apple crap. And I prefer its industrial good looks. Steam Punk phone.

CP-RJW 07-06-2021 09:08 PM

iPhones themselves are fragile, but I’ve got an amazing case which could probably withstand a nuke.

Spigen tough armour, if anyone with an iphone is in the market for one.

PalaceForever 07-06-2021 09:28 PM

I don’t like physical keyboards on mobile phones as my fingers are too big for the keys. I can type very quickly on an iPhone keyboard with two thumbs…I think the trick is to just type quickly and trust the auto correct software, the vast majority of little typos are corrected accurately.

But having said that, if you have an old iPhone, they do tend to get sluggish with software updates (intentionally, I’m sure).

PeterH 07-06-2021 09:32 PM

Buying a Samsung for 90 quid seems to serve me well enough.

PeterH 07-06-2021 09:38 PM

I had a little pique of annotance today. I went to the Homecentre for the 5 or 6 items we have wanted for a while. No queues today.

Not far from my house, but far enough that I would want to be lugging the things home. I went to the taxi rank next to the store and one chap wasn-t interested because it was a short journey. Two others pretended they were on their break - I was seemingly invisible to them as they then proceeded to call out for business.

I asked them if Uber tended to use this street which for some reason irked them. I pointed out that they didn't want to do short journeys, so what was the service they were providing.

My sympathy for their 'plight' has changed somewhat.

The taxi driver that took me got double the fare with the tip I added.