CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 13994880)
As bad as Kevin McCloud dribbling over somebody's wet dream turned reality every week in Grand Designs. Just for once Kevin from the start slag off a design. the building process and the dopey decisions made by the couple and then ask where they got the money from when they inevitably run out of it two thirds of the way through the project?

to be fair, I have seen a couple where he´s done just that.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 13994891)
I don't get en-suite, except in a hotel. Make the bedroom bigger and move the smells, light, noise, damp, flushing somewhere that it won't people wake up

En Suite! ******* hell, what is this obsession with en-suite bathrooms? We are trying to sell our house at the moment and every Brit that comes to view it goes on about installing an en suite....the bathroom is down 10 steps ffs!!!

PeterH 15-12-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 13995069)
Festive fvcking fixtures. Always complete shite as the players are knackered. Bollocks with all the trimmings. Get fvcked

And we have Arsenal and Man City.

Might get something out of the first game.

PeterH 15-12-2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13995116)
En Suite! ******* hell, what is this obsession with en-suite bathrooms? We are trying to sell our house at the moment and every Brit that comes to view it goes on about installing an en suite....the bathroom is down 10 steps ffs!!!

What about a walk in closet. Too much TV I think. Everyone wants a Crib.

You should increase the price. If they have the readies to piss about with that kind of conversion then they can give you a little more.

I dont understand the obsession with buying somewhere and than making wholesale changes. Look for a house you like almost 100% without changes.
I cant understand why people would put themselves through all that grief, if they have time and a fair sum of money.

I get that some will need to buy somewhere that needs work or even a complete renovation. But when you have choices, why choose that kind of headache.

And then complain to all and sundry about the problems you are having, and asking whether this quote or that sounds reasonable. Lack of planning feckwits.

Usually driven by the woman in the relationship.

Just buy a house you like and be done with it.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13995118)
You should increase the price. If they have the readies to piss about with that kind of conversion then they can give you a little more.

My place has been completely renovated, there is NOTHING needing doing and yet one pillock (and this was filmed for A Place in the Sun) offered us 25k less than our asking price because he wanted to install an en suite and a roof terrace...he was factoring the cost of this and knocking it off the price, basically expecting us to pay for it.

Blind_Eagle 15-12-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 13994891)
I don't get en-suite, except in a hotel. Make the bedroom bigger and move the smells, light, noise, damp, flushing somewhere that it won't people wake up

I guess you either never have a bunch of friends staying over - or daughters/sons girlfriends - or you are happy to shove some clothes on every time you need a piss.

Feck that. A quick dash through the dressing room, aka the air lock, do the business and straight back into a warm bed.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13995305)
I guess you either never have a bunch of friends staying over - or daughters/sons girlfriends - or you are happy to shove some clothes on every time you need a piss.

Feck that. A quick dash through the dressing room, aka the air lock, do the business and straight back into a warm bed.

I suggest you have a spare room and stop your guests sleeping in the hall between your bedroom and the toilet

Maz 15-12-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13995305)

Er...

Johnnieboy 15-12-2017 07:23 PM

If you have space for a dressing room / air lock between your bedroom and your en suite, I suggest that placing your guests in another wing of the estate would resolve any potential embarrassment ;)

PIE "N" MASH 15-12-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 13995341)
If you have space for a dressing room / air lock between your bedroom and your en suite, I suggest that placing your guests in another wing of the estate would resolve any potential embarrassment ;)

Place them in the lodge dear chap:p

PeterH 15-12-2017 07:33 PM

Put a tent in the garden and give them a spade to dig the hole for their crap.

By spade I mean a garden tool.

PeterH 15-12-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13995266)
My place has been completely renovated, there is NOTHING needing doing and yet one pillock (and this was filmed for A Place in the Sun) offered us 25k less than our asking price because he wanted to install an en suite and a roof terrace...he was factoring the cost of this and knocking it off the price, basically expecting us to pay for it.

I guess he won't be buying.

You should have given him a backhander with sovereign rings on.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13995349)
I guess he won't be buying.

You should have given him a backhander with sovereign rings on.

I wasn´t allowed to meet him.....especially when they had to cut the all important "making the offer on a telephone call to theseller" scene because of me shouting "Is he having a ******* laugh!?" down the phone.

PeterH 15-12-2017 07:42 PM

Hilarious. You've tickled me there. Things that make me happy thread.

cappuccinoeagle 15-12-2017 08:13 PM

Crap musicians in High Streets or shopping centres

Stellavista 15-12-2017 08:19 PM

Chuggers. Worse than the f*cking Jehovahs.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 15-12-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danpalace07 (Post 13994565)
fair enough

I apologize. You were joking, I'm sure, and I let my own situation affect how I responded. I shouldn't have been so prickly about it.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 15-12-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 13994590)
With respect, for some of us choosing not to is preferable to deciding not to.

Isn't 'choosing' and 'deciding' not to the same thing? Not sure the point you are making but anyway...

Worksop Palace 16-12-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 13995405)
I apologize. You were joking, I'm sure, and I let my own situation affect how I responded. I shouldn't have been so prickly about it.

You should apologise for spelling apologise with a z

dannyb1 16-12-2017 11:26 AM

I can't remember the name of the charity but it's to help homeless people and is the advert that annoys and not the charity btw.

starts off with a young guy on the street then cuts to an old guy being led into a hostel who looks very down and out (and here's where my annoyance lies) as soon as he's greeted in his expression turns into one like a wrong un with some big sex pest grin across his chops and his eyes glaring.