CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

ceeby 21-11-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KP'S Nuts (Post 14512702)
Society trying to eradicate pronouncing t's in words. They find it hard at the beginning of a word but it seems fair game in the middle.

Silly Cuns

Walter Wort 21-11-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KP'S Nuts (Post 14512702)
Society trying to eradicate pronouncing t's in words. They find it hard at the beginning of a word but it seems fair game in the middle.

When I worked as a shop porter at Shinners yonks ago we would sometimes enquire of one another what were the plans for luncheon by asking "wotcher doin' dinner 'ime?" The 't' used to fall away quite easily.

Hedgehog 22-11-2018 08:59 PM

The increasing use of the term ďMade upĒ when you are pleased or happy for someone. I know it is well intentioned and is a good thing, but it just sounds like trying too hard to be cool to me.

I believe it is, or was, a Northern England thing that seems to be drifting south.

Then again, this from someone who used the term ďmy badĒ! Stones in glass houses comes to mind...

Dorking .Eagle 22-11-2018 09:30 PM

Typing cpfc.org in a hurry and getting the website for Californian Professional Firefighters

KYLIE MINEAGLE 22-11-2018 09:35 PM

Baby on board stickers. Or worse still.Little cutie on board. Mind you they work. I only crash into people who don't have them. Twats.

Isle of Wight 22-11-2018 09:40 PM

That Shitelink doesn’t have a 9 pm Portsmouth to the IOW ferry so I have to sit here for 2 hrs .........again

andyocpfc 22-11-2018 10:49 PM

Donít like moaning about health, BUT...sore throats. Two weeks now waking up every night with the feeling I have a golf ball lodged in my neck. I thought sore throats in the Ďcommon coldí last a couple of days - piss off.

Yoda 23-11-2018 12:00 AM

Black Friday.

Some sports shops are sending me multiple emails per day about their offers. Do they think we have short-term memory loss?

andyocpfc 23-11-2018 12:03 AM

Is anything actually cheaper than at other numerous sale times of the year?

I bought a fire stick for £25 yesterday on a supposed Black Friday deal but thatís what I thought they were anyway, pretty much.

I think the out of sale time itís increased and bought down to normal level come BF and the spring/Easter/summer/autumn/January sales etc.

Jonboy 23-11-2018 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Bassett (Post 14514123)
Because I am not racist and on a site such as this someone will come along and say "racist" just as people will come along and use words such as " hatred" when this thread is about things that annoy you, not hate:afro:!

Thank you for helping with the spelling of his surname.

So:

Benteke can't score = racist.
I like Wilf but Benteke can't score = not racist.

You have lost me.

elgin eagle 23-11-2018 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 14514953)
Is anything actually cheaper than at other numerous sale times of the year?

I bought a fire stick for £25 yesterday on a supposed Black Friday deal but thatís what I thought they were anyway, pretty much.

I think the out of sale time itís increased and bought down to normal level come BF and the spring/Easter/summer/autumn/January sales etc.

I think they are definitely more than 25 normally Andy.

I'm looking for a cellular apple watch but can't find one of them very cheap, only a gps one.

Harry Bassett 23-11-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonboy (Post 14514967)
So:

Benteke can't score = racist.
I like Wilf but Benteke can't score = not racist.

You have lost me.

I think you have lost yourself with out any help from me!

andyocpfc 23-11-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14514984)
I think they are definitely more than 25 normally Andy.

I'm looking for a cellular apple watch but can't find one of them very cheap, only a gps one.

Oh really, okay maybe I do have a bargain then. Anyhow, now have donkey on yet another TV on numerous apps, just in case.

I have an Apple watch, and rarely use it apart from the occasional weekend. Not saying it's not good though. Have you looked on Hotukdeals?

I also bought another dash cam as mine broke earlier in the year and picked one up for £24 with decent reviews, via UKHD.

Sharkba1t 23-11-2018 01:00 PM

People (usually women) who only seem to realise they need their train ticket at the point of reaching the ticket barrier, then hold the queue up whilst rummaging through their bag(s).

elgin eagle 23-11-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 14515241)
Oh really, okay maybe I do have a bargain then. Anyhow, now have donkey on yet another TV on numerous apps, just in case.

I have an Apple watch, and rarely use it apart from the occasional weekend. Not saying it's not good though. Have you looked on Hotukdeals?

I also bought another dash cam as mine broke earlier in the year and picked one up for £24 with decent reviews, via UKHD.

Yeah looked on there yesterday but not today.

ebyeeckeagle 23-11-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 14514953)
Is anything actually cheaper than at other numerous sale times of the year?

I bought a fire stick for £25 yesterday on a supposed Black Friday deal but thatís what I thought they were anyway, pretty much.

I think the out of sale time itís increased and bought down to normal level come BF and the spring/Easter/summer/autumn/January sales etc.

Same price I paid for another one a couple of months ago. I imagine most of these things are exactly what you suggest, up the price for the relevant period inbetween various sales. There was a small study on a range of goods from last year, something like 80% were at or below the Black Friday price within another 6 month period.

Olympian2 23-11-2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 14515308)
People (usually women) who only seem to realise they need their train ticket at the point of reaching the ticket barrier, then hold the queue up whilst rummaging through their bag(s).

The same people who seem surprised that they have to pay for their supermarket shopping after the cashier has run all their items through the scanner....

Isle of Wight 23-11-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 14515383)
The same people who seem surprised that they have to pay for their supermarket shopping after the cashier has run all their items through the scanner....

This. Why? Itís the next step in the process. When you are waiting to have the stuff scanned get the payment ready you stupid stupid hand bag fumblers 😡

Yoda 23-11-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 14514950)
Black Friday.

Some sports shops are sending me multiple emails per day about their offers. Do they think we have short-term memory loss?

Oops, I have to backtrack now.

Just been sent a 50% off sports shoes link by one of the more specialist sports shops and it included an Adidas pair son wants/needs!

They only had 3 sizes available, so my guess is theyíre clearing out the end of some lines. Luckily, his size was one of them.

Nostrils 23-11-2018 06:33 PM

"Just saying" :veryangry


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.