CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Maidstoned Eagle 28-01-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15080660)
The whole petrol station etiquette in the states totally threw me when I first went there. For those who don’t know, you have to go in first and tell the cashier what number your at and how much petrol you want - $60 on 4 please.

One day I did this and went to fill up but no petrol was coming out of the pump. Went back in to tell the cashier and then he’d realised he’d missed heard me and thought I said I was at pump 3. In the meantime some clever cock had somehow realised pump 3 was ‘live’ so filled up as quickly as he could, and as soon as he realised the cashier had clocked him, he drove off.

Felt bad for the cashier but he was really nice about it. Hoped he didn’t get in trouble with his boss over it.

They do that here in Spain, especially after 9pm. Trouble was so many places would put in 50euro (for example) and the pump would stop on 49.80. Theiving bastards

TopKnot 28-01-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15080072)
I ******* hate them things. I'm not anti gambling I loose money on the nags as a hobby. But those things. People sit glued to them for hours you can't win on them. Have you ever seen anyone who plays them looking happy. Government get the tax pubs and clubs get shit loads of .

Bit like the Eastern European gangster types doing those 'which cup is the ball under' games all along Westminster bridge. Always amazes me how many people are suckered into getting involved with what is clearly and obviously a scam.

BERT'S HEAD 28-01-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15080758)
Bit like the Eastern European gangster types doing those 'which cup is the ball under' games all along Westminster bridge. Always amazes me how many people are suckered into getting involved with what is clearly and obviously a scam.

It's fun spotting the stooge that "wins" before the mugs come forward.

TopKnot 28-01-2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 15080761)
It's fun spotting the stooge that "wins" before the mugs come forward.

Amazingly they always seem to be swarthy hairy middle aged men wearing tracksuits/puffa coats and with heavy foreign accents, just like the ones playing the games. Incredible coincidence really.

BERT'S HEAD 28-01-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15080763)
Amazingly they always seem to be swarthy hairy middle aged men wearing tracksuits/puffa coats and with heavy foreign accents, just like the ones playing the games. Incredible coincidence really.

Just what I was thinking :D

Slimbloke'H' 28-01-2020 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15079863)
I don't answer any number at all that isn't in my contacts. Unless I am expecting a call from some organisation.

This is my approach too.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 29-01-2020 12:07 AM

The ‘dinner’s ready’ poop. Not sure if it’s more annoying than the ‘just got out of the shower’ poop though. Or the ‘just got into the car for a long journey’ poop.

PeterH 29-01-2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15080072)
I ******* hate them things. I'm not anti gambling I loose money on the nags as a hobby. But those things. People sit glued to them for hours you can't win on them. Have you ever seen anyone who plays them looking happy. Government get the tax pubs and clubs get shit loads of .

It was a real disappointment to see when I visited Australia 20 years back.

Same with the huge focus on the casino in Melbourne. Think it takes the soul out of a place.

PeterH 29-01-2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15081165)
The ‘dinner’s ready’ poop. Not sure if it’s more annoying than the ‘just got out of the shower’ poop though. Or the ‘just got into the car for a long journey’ poop.

Legend.

CT_Palace 29-01-2020 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15080660)
The whole petrol station etiquette in the states totally threw me when I first went there. For those who don’t know, you have to go in first and tell the cashier what number your at and how much petrol you want - $60 on 4 please.

One day I did this and went to fill up but no petrol was coming out of the pump. Went back in to tell the cashier and then he’d realised he’d missed heard me and thought I said I was at pump 3. In the meantime some clever cock had somehow realised pump 3 was ‘live’ so filled up as quickly as he could, and as soon as he realised the cashier had clocked him, he drove off.

Felt bad for the cashier but he was really nice about it. Hoped he didn’t get in trouble with his boss over it.

you must have been in the backwaters .... can't remember the last time I used a pump that didn't have a credit card reader and pin pad.

I like it here, some Haitian or Venezuelan to do the dirty work for you :lux:

CT_Palace 29-01-2020 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15080072)
I ******* hate them things. I'm not anti gambling I loose money on the nags as a hobby. But those things. People sit glued to them for hours you can't win on them. Have you ever seen anyone who plays them looking happy. Government get the tax pubs and clubs get shit loads of .

It's not just the pokies... it's the whole betting thing in bars... I'd go for a beer with me mates and watch them spend the entire time glued to the nags on one or more of the tvs and running backwards and forwards from the betting station.

CT_Palace 29-01-2020 02:34 AM

PS on the way to the boozer we had to make the obligatory stop at the newsagents to buy the lottery tickets ("you gotta be in to win")

Maidstoned Eagle 29-01-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15081235)
It's not just the pokies... it's the whole betting thing in bars... I'd go for a beer with me mates and watch them spend the entire time glued to the nags on one or more of the tvs and running backwards and forwards from the betting station.

Tell them to either go for a beer or go for a bet.

Son of Selhurst 29-01-2020 11:56 PM

Twitter destroying careers

Isle of Wight 29-01-2020 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Selhurst (Post 15082392)
Twitter destroying careers

What did he say that caused such a ruckus ?

mushroom 30-01-2020 12:01 AM

Cancel culture. Poor old Alastair Stewart.

CT_Palace 30-01-2020 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15081507)
Tell them to either go for a beer or go for a bet.

quite... thing is, in Oz you can do both in the same place (which, with the advent of betting applications, I suppose you can do anywhere nowadays)

Sharkba1t 30-01-2020 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 15080770)
Just what I was thinking :D

Lol. There’s always a female with them too. At least it has the shape of a woman, despite the scars and facial stubble.

NRM the 2nd 30-01-2020 08:53 AM

The panic on aeroplanes to jump up and get your bag down the second the plane gets on the stand. Jesus people your not going to get anywhere quicker

Reps AJ 30-01-2020 08:57 AM

News updates that just states the bleeding obvious.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.